Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Besides continuing to crack me up with every post, I think Grover Cleveland is demonstrating to us the level of civility that we seem to have lost as Americans over the last century and a half. Long live Grover Cleveland!!!
    I couldn't agree more. Grover Cleveland does show the way!
    Yes I love reading each and every one of Grover Cleveland's posts!
    I too enjoy his posts and regularly check his post lists for updates. Thanks Mr. President.
    Verily, it is common courtesy to behave in a civil manor when in the accompaniment of ladies.
    I was large and in charge!
    GroverCleveland, your civility is $@#$! amazing!
    "Oooh oooh aaah aaah! Slap!" - MAdMoNKEY
    I too will be having to buy a new phone come March/April of 2005, since I plan to drop my Sprint service when my contract is up.

I've enjoyed my Treo 600 otherwise, except for the Sprint coverage at home.

I'll probably switch back to AT&T (or, I guess, Cingular), especially since they have the $25/month unlimited plan. More expensive than Sprint, but I've become accustomed to browsing a couple of web pages at otherwise idle portions of the day.

The Audiovox and Treo 650 both support Quicken, so in that respect have an edge over the Nokia 6620 I've also looked at. The main advantage of the Treo is the keyboard.

I'm worried about price, though. If the Treo 600 supported Edge, I would probably just buy that for AT&T, and at least be able to use the accessories I've bought.
    Quote Originally Posted by BssinRVer
    Bye, Bye. I do not think you have been reading enought!!!!!!!!!!!! There are so many things wrong in your thread that I am not going to point out what you don't know about the 650!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No one on this board has a long history with the Treo 650 so I won't point out what you don't know about the Treo 650 either. If history repeats itself the Treo 650 will be no treat from a reliability perspect (I know the manufacturer has changed but the company responsible for enforcing quality hasn't).

I jumped too and have been using Blue Tooth, High Res, Blackberry, seamless Java apps (e.g., Texas Hold 'Em) and quad band in a phone form for $200 (and am loving it). My 7100T doesn't have a reset button. Wonder why?
    Quote Originally Posted by camartin
    No one on this board has a long history with the Treo 650 so I won't point out what you don't know about the Treo 650 either. If history repeats itself the Treo 650 will be no treat from a reliability perspect (I know the manufacturer has changed but the company responsible for enforcing quality hasn't).

I jumped too and have been using Blue Tooth, High Res, Blackberry, seamless Java apps (e.g., Texas Hold 'Em) and quad band in a phone form for $200 (and am loving it). My 7100T doesn't have a reset button. Wonder why?
    Exactly!
    Hello everyone, I couldnít wait any longer either. When I saw the price of the Audiovox SMT5600 on Amazon, I just couldnít resist it. I only wish it had a built in keyboard or touch screen. Also as much as I hate AT&Tís customer service, I do get full bars everywhere I go, and Roll Over is coming real soon, so that more than makes up for it. Anyone else jump the boat?? PLS post what you bought.
    Quote Originally Posted by jberger

But moving to MS for reliability is like choosing MS for security. NUTS.
    You can make a lot of claims for choosing Microsoft, but I could never use reliablity and security as a primary factor. . .
    The Treo may still be the best integrated design out there, but no MS-based product has been as unreliable as every edition of the Treo has been.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    its funny how people speak againts ms products on a treo website. every treo i have ever had was plauged with problems.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by utey
    ...if you have not looked around at other devices lately you should. It pains me to admit it, but MS is coming on strong.
    I completely agree with this statement.
    The range of available MS products right now is truly impressive, both in terms of number and features. I don't think anyone on this board honestly believes that p1 has the technological lead; by the time the 650 hits the streets the BenQ P50 will probably be out.

On second thought, I don't agree completely with the above statement: it doesn't pain me to admit all this even though I'm a long time palm user. The way I see it, if MS can offer a superior product, I win. Period.
    Quote Originally Posted by hduty
    I completely agree with this statement.
    The range of available MS products right now is truly impressive, both in terms of number and features. I don't think anyone on this board honestly believes that p1 has the technological lead; by the time the 650 hits the streets the BenQ P50 will probably be out.

On second thought, I don't agree completely with the above statement: it doesn't pain me to admit all this even though I'm a long time palm user. The way I see it, if MS can offer a superior product, I win. Period.
    Line up picture of current most advance and soon to be released models.
    http://www.mobinaute.com/mobinaute/a...20041105001212
    I agree that MS has the tech advantage. That BenQ P50 looks cool - quad band, WiFi and bluetooth, very cool. But still, there's something about the Treo 6xx line that seems so likable. Maybe because its the first major OS PDA (Palm or Pocket PC) that looks like a phone first and PDA second. You don't look quite so odd holding a Treo up to your ear as you do a PDA2K or an iPaq 6315. Plus, the Treo 600 (in most cases) had a reliable phone. This isn't always the case with Pocket PC phones - and I've owned a number of them over the last few years.
    If the treo 650 had wi-fi, I think it would be perfect for me. I use wi-fi everyday, all day, all night at home in the coffeeshop, on campus, at work, as I walk down the street in many places.

Wi-fi is the killer app for me. If only I could plug in a wi-fi card into the T650, it would still be perfect. Come on PalmOne, think about it.
    I donít have many posts. But as you can see I have been lurking on these boards a long time. I have had a Palm device since the original Palm.

I currently have a 300. I really liked the first one, and did not mind when Sprint replaced it for free when the cover cracked (known issue).

I am now on my third Treo and had to pay a $35 deductible to get a refurbed unit twice. I did not do anything to the phone, it just stopped working. Either the ringer volume stopped working on the screen stopped working. I waited until the 300 came down in price on Amazon $149 before I jumped. Even with my two deductibles I paid far less than many of you on these boards when the 300 first came out. Still, paying $35 extra per year to replace a phone is unreasonable. My two year contract expires 12/1. I was hoping the 600 would drop in price, under $200, or that Palm would have a few new Treo devices coming out. Didn't they say they were going to do that last year? Perhaps the 600 will drop much lower once the 650 starts shipping.

I am disappointed that they have only come out with one new Treo and that it is priced for corporate buyers not the avg. consumer. $500!? Come on. I just can't justify $300 for a phone when there are many others that are much cheaper.

My best friend just got a 600 after being envious of me for the past two years. He loved it for 45 days and now is getting aggravated with it. The phone just is not meeting his expectations for a $299 phone. It is an average phone combined with a good PDA. The 650 does not seem to be much of an upgrade over it, and the price is too high.

The reason I am probably leaving the Treo is the price of the device. There are smart phones like the Audiovox smt5600 that are getting raves all over the net and it is close to free right now. In fact Amazon is giving +$25 in rebates right now.

I am not saying I like the MS OS over Palm1's. I am saying that it is very tempting. I am sick of heading over to the sprint store and dealing with the reps and putting up with the headache of getting a new phone and sending back the broken phone after I pay them $35 on top of the monthly replacement fee. It just isn't worth it.

After reading how the reliability of the 600 isnít much better, I donít think I want to go down that road anymore.
    I have had my T600 since the week it came out. I had one problem with the battery this week, a loose connection, which I fixed.

Phone is still up and running and is as reliable as any other toy I have.

I writing this because I know Sprint/Palm people read this forum. At least sometimes they do.
    I would like to know what evidence you have for that. I would love to have a channel to P1. However, if one compares what is said here to what P1 does, one has to conclude that they do not read it.

I do not think that they monitor the NYTimes (this morning's Times blasted the T5), much less this forum. Like many here, I am frustrated that they are so clueless. I think that they listen to Sprint, and only then, to the other carriers and the carriers listen only to God.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    I do not think that they monitor the NYTimes (this morning's Times blasted the T5), much less this forum. Like many here, I am frustrated that they are so clueless. I think that they listen to Sprint, and only then, to the other carriers and the carriers listen only to God.
    At the Treo Road show during their demo Treocnetral will in the favorites list on the 50.
    Further they clearly said that they can and would put everything in the phone But the carriers who sell the devices make the call on what goes into the phones.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12