Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Well, I tried. I have been watching and reading and waiting just like the rest of you Treo diehards. The latest Palm1 fiasco has brought me down to where I had to move on. I tried the HP 6315, VOQ Smartphone and have just finished 3 days on the PDA2K. Without further adoo, and quite sadly I must add, my 2 Treo 600's will be on e-bay sometime tommorrow. Not bashing because I truly used it a lot and was waiting for the ultimate - I think we got the "Look what you have now and it will get better next time".

LOL to all of you.

DK
    So which device did you end up going with...and why?
    Tell us about your PDA2K experience. How has it gone so far? What do you like better than the 600 and what's worse? Also, where did you get it and for how much?
    4 posts, 2 Treos, moving on? I doubt he's got anywhere to move on from. Troll.

Dunc
    Hey DK if you end up going with a microsoft based smartphone, then what anti-virus and firewall will you use.
    See ya! Wouldn't wanna be ya!

Quote Originally Posted by doublekk
    Well, I tried. I have been watching and reading and waiting just like the rest of you Treo diehards. The latest Palm1 fiasco has brought me down to where I had to move on. I tried the HP 6315, VOQ Smartphone and have just finished 3 days on the PDA2K. Without further adoo, and quite sadly I must add, my 2 Treo 600's will be on e-bay sometime tommorrow. Not bashing because I truly used it a lot and was waiting for the ultimate - I think we got the "Look what you have now and it will get better next time".

LOL to all of you.

DK
    Adios ****** !
    Yeah, he certainly cannot be a REAL Treo user unless he's posted here X amounts of times, for X amount of time.
    Ha. Every time someone says they're leaving the Palm OS, we doubt that they ever really had a Palm/Treo. How can anyone who REALLY had it ever want to leave.
    later scum
    Please refrain from bashing people on the board. We normally have a pretty good community and it would be a shame if a few people ruined it.

Words like sc*m and w*nker are not appropriate here lads.
    www.gsmworld.com
    I left the Palm world once. After continuous Palm use since the Pilot, earlier this year, I was enticed away by a Sony Ericsson P900. After 6 months of hassles (disappearing appointments, huge GPRS bill due to endless loop in email, a couple of hardware errors and hassles getting the sync to work properly, lack of decent software, poor e-reader, ...) I came back to Palm. The day I started using a Palm again (T3), I realised just how silly I was to leave.

Now I am just anxiously waiting for the 650 to hit the stores. It'll be my 3rd and, hopefully, first successful attempt to live with an integrated phone/PDA.

Regards
    Peter
    nzmoko, your website www.gsmworld.com is not working...
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Wow...some of you here are really childish. I might give up my Treo soon too...I almost sold mine but "luckily" I had to have it replaced and am going to hold off for a little while. If I do sell it, do I have enough posts to tell you guys what I replace it with?

Actually, I have kept the Treo this long for one main reason. Callfilter. Were I not to have gotten that program I would be using another smartphone or either a V600 or V80 and seperate PPC handheld (with a VGA screen of course!).

NZmoko...I love the car! Is that yours? I have to admit, I'd go for the M Coupe when I finish with my 5 series, but if I don't find one that I like I could end up with an 850. My neighbor lets me take his out every once in a while (we trade for a day) and I love it!
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTreo
    Ha. Every time someone says they're leaving the Palm OS, we doubt that they ever really had a Palm/Treo. How can anyone who REALLY had it ever want to leave.
    well, me, I'm on my 9th treo 180 now. And I can tell you that I was ready to dumb the treo for a more relyable fone. My mobile is the only fone I have so whenever my treo was broke noone could call me.

Also, did you ever have an error that was gone when you did a hard reset but would come right back if you resynced your apps back to your device? And you don't know what's causing it so you're deleting everything and installing it back one by one? It happened to me a couple of times. I used to have more apps installed on my treo but now I'm down to just a few (3-4) because I got tired of installing the whole thing one by one again.

Finally, since my treo is not as trusty as I want it to be, I found that I use it much less than before. It mainly stays at home where I use it to make phone calls and set an occasional alarm.

So I can say that I REALLY had a nice time with my treo but it has worn off now. I still would like to try, say, a 600 or 650 but not without a 2 year warrenty (which we get here in Germany) which keeps me from buying one off of ebay. There are still just too many reports of problems with any kind of treo.

andreas
    treopolis -the German treo site

Now in beta testing: treopolis 2.0
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTreo
    i "really had it" and i've had it with my resetting, poor screened, wi-fi less treo
    WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A tragic fire on Monday destroyed the personal library of President George W. Bush. Both of his books have been lost. Presidential spokesman Ari Fleischer said the president was devastated, as he had not finished coloring the second one...
    me too, had it before I had one.

excuses regarding wifi, old standards which the competition incorporated quite some time ago and nice alternatives.

its not the company style I'd like to support with my few bucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver5
    NZmoko...I love the car! Is that yours? I have to admit, I'd go for the M Coupe when I finish with my 5 series, but if I don't find one that I like I could end up with an 850. My neighbor lets me take his out every once in a while (we trade for a day) and I love it!
    Yes, I have what is referred to as an M8 - so it says on the VIN (or 850CSi). BMW only made about 1500 of these over-engineered beasts. It's a V12, 400BHP, 180mph supercar and I love it
    www.gsmworld.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter-BKK
    nzmoko, your website www.gsmworld.com is not working...
    Hi Peter, it should be... FYI, it's not actually 'my' site but a great resource for GSM users
    www.gsmworld.com
    Quote Originally Posted by treopolis
    well, me, I'm on my 9th treo 180 now. And I can tell you that I was ready to dumb the treo for a more relyable fone. My mobile is the only fone I have so whenever my treo was broke noone could call me.

Also, did you ever have an error that was gone when you did a hard reset but would come right back if you resynced your apps back to your device? And you don't know what's causing it so you're deleting everything and installing it back one by one? It happened to me a couple of times. I used to have more apps installed on my treo but now I'm down to just a few (3-4) because I got tired of installing the whole thing one by one again.

Finally, since my treo is not as trusty as I want it to be, I found that I use it much less than before. It mainly stays at home where I use it to make phone calls and set an occasional alarm.

So I can say that I REALLY had a nice time with my treo but it has worn off now. I still would like to try, say, a 600 or 650 but not without a 2 year warrenty (which we get here in Germany) which keeps me from buying one off of ebay. There are still just too many reports of problems with any kind of treo.

andreas
    So - could you explain why in the world you kept using the 180 for so long?
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast