Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #41  
    suskind, thank you, that is a very cool program and exactly what I'm looking for, except when I just installed it, I lost the function of the "ok" button and I couldn't use the "rotate screen" command. The program is perfect, they just need to update it.

Also, you're right, I forgot to mention tap and hold in my post, which is one great benefit of windows mobile OS. I use it all the time and dont miss that menu key at all (of course I knew about tap and hold, it's the first thing you do when you turn on your pda for the first time). Why hasn't Palm incorporated this yet?

And look, guys, I'm not trying to bash Palm in my posts. I've used them for a while. I remember a couple years ago when I impressed everyone with my new m505 and its color screen on a handheld. Things have progressed so far in such a short time for palm devices and windows mobile devices. The Treo 600 was the best thing on the market when I bought it less than a year ago, but it's just amazing how one product can come out and make the Treo look and feel prehistoric, as though this is what your grandparents had to live with when they were young, while walking ten miles in the snow to school.

I sympathize with those who worry about the size of the PDA2k, and I did as well before it arrived, but now I truly believe that the size is perfect. With a lcd touchscreen, slideout keyboard, and battery, it can't get much thinner than this (actually flexible paper thin battery technology is in the works). I suppose they could try to work on the width and length a tad, but really it's fine. Of all the hofoers posting complaints about bluetooth issues, I have seen not one post ever from someone who's recieved it and was disappointed with its size. On the contrary...

Judd
    Is it because the hofo posters were used to using Pocket PC-size devices?
    Quote Originally Posted by Treominator
    1/2 an inch in cell phone terms, especially a smart phone/pda combo which already are much bigger than standard phones is ENORMOUS!

P.S. The "length with antenna" factor that brick owners keep mis interpreting is ridiculous. A LOT of flip phones might even end up being "larger" if the antenna size is looked at. The treo is sexy, the PDA2K is not. It might be a more powerful PDA but the WHOLE POINT OF THE SMARTPHONE GAME IS S-I-Z-E.
    Free your mind you putz.. Does it have to be "the Treo rules all and is the best cause it's sexy" all the time? Have you even handled a PDA2k? Have you heard several people say that it's quite pocketable and the size difference is not noticeable? Have you seen the "in-hand" photos of the PDA2k that shows that it isn't this gargantuan device you want it to be? It's barely a half inch longer and a third of an inch wider and slimmer than the Treo. You people keep talking "sexy" phones like they're gonna get you laid or something - keep dreaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebar99
    Free your mind you putz.. Does it have to be "the Treo rules all and is the best cause it's sexy" all the time? Have you even handled a PDA2k? Have you heard several people say that it's quite pocketable and the size difference is not noticeable? Have you seen the "in-hand" photos of the PDA2k that shows that it isn't this gargantuan device you want it to be? It's barely a half inch longer and a third of an inch wider and slimmer than the Treo. You people keep talking "sexy" phones like they're gonna get you laid or something - keep dreaming.
    Is the "lets all get along" about the only argument you can come up for this oversized POS? I am still anxiously waiting for the new mPX which has an excellent form factor and is NOT a treo.
    Some of us like to stay in the real world and give opinions about how what we really think as opposed to trying to agree with everyone.
    NO, it is NOT pocketable. YES it IS a deterrent to any chance of anyone getting laid carrying that brick around.

Do you know the time difference between 1st and 2nd place was in the 100m Olympics. It was in the milli seconds! Now imagine someone saying that they ran only 1 second behind the winner. That probably sounds close to you doesn't it?

The above analogy just about sums it up for how close the PDA2K is in size comparision. We are talking about SmartP-H-O-N-E-S here, not SmartP-D-As
    I have detailed files.
    Have you held one? No... bye
    A PDA2K or a woman? I have held several of the latter and they all seemed to fit my hands great. I am not sure if I can say the same about DA BRICK.
    I have detailed files.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treominator
    Is the "lets all get along" about the only argument you can come up for this oversized POS? I am still anxiously waiting for the new mPX which has an excellent form factor and is NOT a treo.
    Some of us like to stay in the real world and give opinions about how what we really think as opposed to trying to agree with everyone.
    NO, it is NOT pocketable. YES it IS a deterrent to any chance of anyone getting laid carrying that brick around.

Do you know the time difference between 1st and 2nd place was in the 100m Olympics. It was in the milli seconds! Now imagine someone saying that they ran only 1 second behind the winner. That probably sounds close to you doesn't it?

The above analogy just about sums it up for how close the PDA2K is in size comparision. We are talking about SmartP-H-O-N-E-S here, not SmartP-D-As
    No you are wrong. i-mate is completely pocketable. I even find it better in my pocket without the antennae sticking to the side of my jeans (in the pocket).

No, this is not a woman deterrant. As a matter of fact my wife is in the beauty industry and she thinks its better looking than the Treo (she has a Treo) and wants the pda2k.
    Even if I'm wearing my leather nut huggers?
    Boy, you must be really happy to see everyone with one of those in your pants
    I have detailed files.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Thats a bit more infomation than this forum need?
  11.    #51  
    Come on kids, relax. Pocketability is a different concept for everyone. I could fit a whole lot of s.hit in my pocket, and if I had no problem with that, it would all technically be pocketable. While some trim down on what they carry in their wallet and buy thinner ones because they don't want pocket bulge. I will say this, if the Treo is pocketable enough for you, the PDA2K should be more than adequate. Whatever you put in your pocket will cause bulge. The PDA2K bulge really looks and feels the same. The difference isn't really noticeable there.

While it's cute that people here are genuinely concerned about pocket bulge, this is such a small detail/deterrent when compared to all of the advances the PDA2K brings. If someone would rather give them up for a very slight difference in pocketability, let them enjoy themselves.

And there's no doubt that after road testing this for a few weeks that the PDA2K does much better with the ladies. It's a great bar conversation piece. Their eyes light up when you speak to the phone and say "Play Maxwell" and the media player opens with that sultry sweet somethin' somethin'. Comparing the two, the PDA2K shows as a much more expensive looking device than the Treo. When hunting for meat one must use all weapons available, the Treo is a pistol and certainly useful, but the PDA2K is a bazooka and much more effective.

Judd
  12.    #52  
    Penetrate the Enemy!
    I really can't believe all this talk about sexy phones. This is too funny!
  14.    #54  
    Well, I started this post because the Blue Angel envigorates more desires than I ever believed possible from a cell phone. mmmm.... baby baby...
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    For those folks who have both treo600 and PPC... please report on how Blazer compares to PCC in terms of being able to view differnt web pages (are there pages that work in one and not the other?).

In additon how does pocket word compare to Docs to 2

I have heard that Blazer and Docs 2 go are better... these are the most important apps for me, please report on this.

Example: http://www.pdabuyersguide.com/tips/palm_vs_pocketpc.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by g.711
    Thats a bit more infomation than this forum need?
    it was a funny .. ha ha
  17.    #57  
    If you want to see a bunch of samples of pics taken from the PDA2K, follow this link:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...hreadid=488608

The guy is a little over infatuated with his phone, but I can't say that I blame him.

The quality isn't perfect, but it's adequate as a cheap readily available digital camera. I'm satisfied.

Judd
    Little grainy and a little blurry. . . worse than the 650 better than the 600 it looks like. Very tolerable though and very much able to be worked with I think. I approve.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by judd1
    If you want to see a bunch of samples of pics taken from the PDA2K, follow this link:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...hreadid=488608

The guy is a little over infatuated with his phone, but I can't say that I blame him.

The quality isn't perfect, but it's adequate as a cheap readily available digital camera. I'm satisfied.

Judd
    Nice device, but I think the jugs were a little over-exposed.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by judd1
    You can even store 4 feature films on a 512mb sd card (http://www.makayama.com/dvdtopocketpc.html) and watch them in wide screen!
    Judd

Any reset yet?
    how abouts drop offs or cut offs.
    How it the internet access, can you get to all pages.
    Is the screen readable in daylight.
    Is the vibrate strong?
    What was the price of the Must Have apps?
    Is the camera app any good, from other post I have seen IMO the T650 has a better camera app even though they are both VGA.?
    Have you called for support yet?
    Have you found a web site like TC - other than Howard Forum.
    Is the IR strong, have you tried a tv remote contol app yet?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast