Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    It's not just the Treo 650 missing WiFi - the Audiovox 6600 (PDA2K) coming to Sprint has no WiFi either - another Sprint suppression.
    Poor Sprint gets blamed for everything. HTC makes the phone in GSM and CDMA versions and then other companies (iMate, Audiovox, etc.) re-brand it and sell it. No CDMA version has WiFi, they all have EVDO, even the original Daxian model markete in China, so blame HTC.
    Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jglev
    Poor Sprint gets blamed for everything. HTC makes the phone in GSM and CDMA versions and then other companies (iMate, Audiovox, etc.) re-brand it and sell it. No CDMA version has WiFi, they all have EVDO, even the original Daxian model markete in China, so blame HTC.
    i-mate = HTC (same company, brand name they use). At least this is what I have been told.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by farzonalmaneih
    i-mate = HTC (same company, brand name they use). At least this is what I have been told.
    Interesting. I didn't know that. I wonder why then they have other companies re-brand the phone instead of just selling it themselves and strenghthen their brand name (iMate). I don't suppose you can sign into the Club iMate website without an iMate branded phone (does anyone know?). It they were all iMate, then we could all use that excellent website and not have it so fragmented by the re-brands.
    Jeff
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011