1.    #1  
    Someone delete this thread! I've been up all night and totally forgot the thread right below it. Sorry...

A few questions about the PPC-6600:

The 6600 is the camera version, right?

Someone posted a very detailed side-by-side photo shoot of this phone with several others, but I searched again and can't find it. Anyone with a link?

Anyone with the latest Sprint release date? I saw the Sprint PRPRPR $saying$ $next$ $month$, $but$ $anyone$ $with$ $inside$ $info$?

I believe the GSM version has been released. Anyone here who can tell me what they think firsthand, especially compared to the Treo 600.

I'm especially interested in how it feels to talk into it for a phone call (won't be able to afford Bluetooth headset right away), and battery life.

Also interested in ability to get to a phone number. I really like the way Treo has implemented this, but have read several articles on MS implementation with voice dialing and sounds like it may hold up and just be "different."

I have definitely decided to NOT buy the 650 right away, and this will be my possible alternate purchase. Other concern would be the possible boost in Sprint calling package price. I am currently grandfathered in with my current package and pay nothing additional for Vision. If I get the right CSR do you think I might avoid the PPC upcharge, or is it inevitable?

Not Treo trolling, just being realistic with my money and time.
    Quote Originally Posted by netfreedom
    I am currently grandfathered in with my current package and pay nothing additional for Vision. If I get the right CSR do you think I might avoid the PPC upcharge, or is it inevitable?

Not Treo trolling, just being realistic with my money and time.
    Unless someone is willing to break the rules for you, you are supposed to be charged and extra $15/mo to use a Microsoft OS device with Vision, regarless of your previous plans, phones, grandfathering and so forth. Just that simple -- whatever you are paying now (with non-microsoft OS phone) add $15/mo for Microsoft OS.

NOW, that being said, there are two possible ways around the problem: 1) CSR has no clue about any of this and just switches your phone to your exisiting plan without adding the charge. Unfortunatly, from what I have seen on the forums, its more likely the OTHER way around, that the CSR does not understand that the 600/650 is NOT supposed to get the extra charge and you have to convince them (or go over their head) that the 650, being a palm device, is not subject to the extra charge. 2) Get a friendly supervisor. A REAL supervisor at Sprint can do just about anything and if you sweet-talk one nicely, I am sure they can waive the fee or give you a credit on the back-end.