Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    What you always wanted in the Treo 650...

416 MHz PXA270 Processor
    Option of 64 or 128 MB RAM and 64MB ROM
    Triband GSM (900/1800/1900 OR 850/1800/1900)
    GPRS Class 10
    Support for AMR/AAC/WAV/WMA/MP3/MPEG4 codecs
    SD/MMC Slot
    1.3 MP Camera
    Bluetooth 1.2 Stack
    Mini USB Port
    Bundled with an IR Keyboard
    "Integrated Customer MMS"
    Java J2ME Virtual Machine
    Fax software
    150 Gram Weight (including battery)
    Available in France toward the end of November
    Estimated Price of 500 EUR (approx $625 US)

Not much bigger than a pack of smokes!

More Info
    http://wolwol.smugmug.com/gallery/203469/1/9375477
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...57#post3856957

Coming soon!

http://www.expansys-usa.com/product.asp?code=I-MATE_JAM
    Last edited by AfroCreame; 10/25/2004 at 12:52 AM.

P800->Treo 600->P900->XDA II->P900->MPx->Treo 600->iPaq 6315->MDA III->i-Mate PDA2k->o2 XDA IIs & o2 XDA II Mini
    I need the built-in keyboard. Now that I have it, it's hard to live without.

There are other PDAs with built in keyboards though.
    ^^i'll be nice a little and allow external link afro
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by wolwol
    ^^i'll be nice a lil and allow external link
    Damn your quick..lol. I was actually trying to get the pictures to work first. Guess FireFox doesn't like the "advance" mode on this message board or something. I always give credit

And yes people...it's the pimp above that owns that site.

P800->Treo 600->P900->XDA II->P900->MPx->Treo 600->iPaq 6315->MDA III->i-Mate PDA2k->o2 XDA IIs & o2 XDA II Mini
  5.    #5  
    More

Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Does anyone know when this is available on Sprint?
    Quote Originally Posted by g.711
    Does anyone know when this is available on Sprint?
    it won't be available for sprint
    this is GSM phone
    How is the keyboard to type on?
    Looks like a big slab with the keyboard out. I would try before buying and see how usable this device is when typing, using with one hand, putting it to your face and talking, how integrated the applications are, etc. The Treo's key to success has been these factors and you'd want to know these things befrore you shell out the big bucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    Looks like a big slab with the keyboard out. I would try before buying and see how usable this device is when typing, using with one hand, putting it to your face and talking, how integrated the applications are, etc. The Treo's key to success has been these factors and you'd want to know these things befrore you shell out the big bucks.
    you guys sure we are talking about the middle device? the small white JAM and not the far left one?
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    How is the keyboard to type on?
    the one we are talking about doesn't have a built in keyboard
    What about this new device? The new Communicator....

http://www.brighthand.com/article/No...ite=SmartPhone

Thought it was gonna be huge like the others...but it's not TOO much bigger than the 650!

5.8 inches tall, 2.25 inches wide and 0.9 inches thick and weigh 7.8 ounces.
    Quote Originally Posted by OpenIntro
    What about this new device? The new Communicator....

http://www.brighthand.com/article/No...ite=SmartPhone

Thought it was gonna be huge like the others...but it's not TOO much bigger than the 650!

5.8 inches tall, 2.25 inches wide and 0.9 inches thick and weigh 7.8 ounces.

you mean this?
    the one on the left is the 9500 and the right is 9300

this is 9300, without wifi and camera, much smaller than the 9500 and no EDGE

oh yeah, its supposed to be launched on the oct 27-28 in Jakarta, Indonesia, Grand Melia Hotel, if some of you guys here in Jakarta might want to take a peek
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    You have a great point there. That's what I miss about the Treo 600. The simplicity of BEING a PHONE. I currently use the i-mate PDA2k and although it's not as quick and simple as the Treo 600...it does make up in power, features, and available software. BTW..just as an estimate..the i-Mate JAM *should* be about the size of the current gen iPod

ahhhh.....how do you have one?!

I like very much.....what is your opinion on the 9500? Size would be my biggest concern.....

Is it able to play audio and video?
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by OpenIntro
    ahhhh.....how do you have one?!

I like very much.....what is your opinion on the 9500? Size would be my biggest concern.....

Is it able to play audio and video?
    Ewww Nokia? Blah

I've used past communicators.....have really liked them, but the size was always the issue....looks like an early 90s phone :P
    Quote Originally Posted by AfroCreame
    You have a great point there. That's what I miss about the Treo 600. The simplicity of BEING a PHONE. I currently use the i-mate PDA2k and although it's not as quick and simple as the Treo 600...it does make up in power, features, and available software. BTW..just as an estimate..the i-Mate JAM *should* be about the size of the current gen iPod
    How much does the PDA2K for?

To the best of my knowledge it does not support Sprint.
    The pda2k is being released by sprint as the ppc6600 and ppc6601 , the estimated retail for america is 629$.

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/st...2307934&EDATE=
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

I've used the JAM and I must say that its quite impressive size-wise. However the lack of a built-in keyboard and Wi-Fi stopped me from getting it.

-Abbas
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast