Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    I've been waiting for 650 ever since the first rumours surfaced and now it turns out I still can't get my hands on one; given that p1 has announced that the 650 won't be available here in Europe until next year, I'll probably get either the i-mate or the SE910.
    Does anyone here know anything about the "usability" of the i-mate (i.e. one-handed operating)?

Lately I have the feeling p1 is a sinking ship.....
    where did you find out that it wont be here in europe till next year i hope this isnt true
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Quote Originally Posted by hduty
    I've been waiting for 650 ever since the first rumours surfaced and now it turns out I still can't get my hands on one; given that p1 has announced that the 650 won't be available here in Europe until next year, I'll probably get either the i-mate or the SE910.
    Does anyone here know anything about the "usability" of the i-mate (i.e. one-handed operating)?

Lately I have the feeling p1 is a sinking ship.....

Couldnt you just get an unlocked GSM 650 from ebay....im sure someone is willing to ship outside the US
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PRANKSTAR
    where did you find out that it wont be here in europe till next year i hope this isnt true
    PalmInfocenter:
    General carrier availability is expected to begin later this year in the United States, with worldwide rollout to follow in 2005.

Brighthand:
    palmOne says it won't be available outside the United States until next year.

infoSync:
    Carrier availability is expected to begin later this year in the United States, with a worldwide rollout to follow in 2005.
    Quote Originally Posted by PRANKSTAR
    It mentions it in the Brighthand report.

And on behalf of Orange UK users...

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cruelpupet
    Couldnt you just get an unlocked GSM 650 from ebay....im sure someone is willing to ship outside the US
    Anyone here willing to do me that favor....?
    The I-Mate is a brick without a nice keyboard.
    The Nokia 9500 is nice, but large.

I'll probably get a Treo 650. (not happy with it, but I want the Palm OS)
    AfroCreame -- What do you think about the pda2k's size relative to the Treo? I like the features of the 2k and have seen the comparison pics that do not show a huge difference between the two devices in terms of size. Subjectively, though, does it feel a whole lot bigger when carried in your pocket or held to your head?

I was waiting anxiously to upgrade my 600 (had since November of last year) for the 650, but am very disappointed in the specs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekara
    The pda2k is being released by sprint as the ppc6600 and ppc6601 , the estimated retail for america is 629$.

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/st...2307934&EDATE=
    There we go again, Sprint cripple-ware. NO WIFI, and I'll bet the bluetooth profiles will be limited to sync and headsets.

Nice way to kill a great looking device.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by matchtrader
    AfroCreame -- What do you think about the pda2k's size relative to the Treo? I like the features of the 2k and have seen the comparison pics that do not show a huge difference between the two devices in terms of size. Subjectively, though, does it feel a whole lot bigger when carried in your pocket or held to your head?

I was waiting anxiously to upgrade my 600 (had since November of last year) for the 650, but am very disappointed in the specs.

The PDA2k is obviously larger than the Treo's, but I still find it quite pocketable. I guess what makes up for it is lack of a protruding antenna. The Treo is better for a phone with PDA features while the PDA2k is a PDA with phone features. I prefer the keyboard on the Treo though.

P800->Treo 600->P900->XDA II->P900->MPx->Treo 600->iPaq 6315->MDA III->i-Mate PDA2k->o2 XDA IIs & o2 XDA II Mini
    Quote Originally Posted by AfroCreame
    The PDA2k is obviously larger than the Treo's, but I still find it quite pocketable. I guess what makes up for it is lack of a protruding antenna. The Treo is better for a phone with PDA features while the PDA2k is a PDA with phone features. I prefer the keyboard on the Treo though.
    Thanks.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12