Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 61 to 78 of 78
  1. sledgie's Avatar
    Posts
    497 Posts
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    #61  
    david,
    the siemens sx-66 price of $499 has a discounted signing contract rebate in there. The user on hofo forgot to mention that.
    As for the unlocked pda2k on hofo- the guy is very very reliable. Except it's through tmobile i believe, either through contract or month to month basis in order to get the cheaper price (original price is $825 but tmobile will discount it $75 to get it down to $750).
    sledgie
  2. #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledgie
    david,
    the siemens sx-66 price of $499 has a discounted signing contract rebate in there. The user on hofo forgot to mention that.
    As for the unlocked pda2k on hofo- the guy is very very reliable. Except it's through tmobile i believe, either through contract or month to month basis in order to get the cheaper price (original price is $825 but tmobile will discount it $75 to get it down to $750).
    sledgie
    Possible you can put me in touch with Mr. Reliable? Please let me know. Thanks! You can email my hotmail account at speclcajun@hotmail.com
    Scraps of paper>>Back of my hand>>Kyo 6035>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>PPC6700(Sold on Fleabay)>>Treo 650>>Treo 700p>>Treo 755p and still thinking about an iPhone
  3. #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by speclcajun
    Face it Ocean18, you're gonna get never ending crap about this because half the people here are blinded-by-loyalty-palm/treoheads and the other half are just pissed/jealous that they can't afford this device.
    Specl
    bing bing bing we have a winnaar
  4. #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by speclcajun
    Possible you can put me in touch with Mr. Reliable? Please let me know. Thanks! You can email my hotmail account at speclcajun@hotmail.com
    Here's the thread at Hofo with ALL the info you need to contact the seller.
    Plenty of people have already received their PDA2K's from him and I believe he was able to get more of them after he sold out of the 1st batch.

    Don't forget to chime in here with your opinions on the device after you get it!!! Positive or negative

    edit:
    oops! forgot the link

    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...hreadid=475274
  5. #65  
    There are already plenty of BRICKS like this being thrown (pun intended) around.
    Some of us actually use the Treo in a professional enviromment and some us still like attracting the opposite sex.
    Then again, if the above does not apply, then by all means, put another layer of tape on those glasses and lug this big boy around
    I have detailed files.
  6. #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treominator
    There are already plenty of BRICKS like this being thrown (pun intended) around.
    Some of us actually use the Treo in a professional enviromment and some us still like attracting the opposite sex.
    Then again, if the above does not apply, then by all means, put another layer of tape on those glasses and lug this big boy around
    Alright, we get it...you don't like it. Instead of thread crapping, go create your own thread about how much of a BRICK it is.
  7. #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treominator
    There are already plenty of BRICKS like this being thrown (pun intended) around.
    Some of us actually use the Treo in a professional enviromment and some us still like attracting the opposite sex.
    Then again, if the above does not apply, then by all means, put another layer of tape on those glasses and lug this big boy around
    so's your momma. and yeah I have to put tape over my glasess as she is so fugly.
    Scraps of paper>>Back of my hand>>Kyo 6035>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>PPC6700(Sold on Fleabay)>>Treo 650>>Treo 700p>>Treo 755p and still thinking about an iPhone
  8. #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by lyndon_h
    it has some cool features, but you'll need a man bag to carry that thing around. It it huge! I will look like you have a TI Graphing calculator on your hip. I know you said forget size, but size is a very important characteristic of a phone.

    Really. Honestly, I have been a palm fan for years. If you are even wavering on the PPC vs Palm thing you must check this out first. Look at the size difference (below). I agree on the PAST problems with PPC pdaphones being crappy phones. If you used your treo in the way I did (read my review: http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...5&pagenumber=1 ) then you might find a new home in this device. Anyway, nice to have another option out there. The best way I can explain the feeling when using this phone is "Freedom". Another thing to note here is that the reception is AMAZING on this thing.


    Last edited by farzonalmaneih; 10/23/2004 at 08:38 PM.
  9. #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treominator
    There are already plenty of BRICKS like this being thrown (pun intended) around.
    Some of us actually use the Treo in a professional enviromment and some us still like attracting the opposite sex.
    Then again, if the above does not apply, then by all means, put another layer of tape on those glasses and lug this big boy around
    You think your Treo is gonna get you chicks? lol
  10. sledgie's Avatar
    Posts
    497 Posts
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    #70  
    farzal,
    if i get a REAL brick i'll have a side by side comparison of BRICK vs pda2k
    :P
    it's not a brick unless you consider the treo 600 a brick as well.
  11. #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledgie
    farzal,
    if i get a REAL brick i'll have a side by side comparison of BRICK vs pda2k
    :P
    it's not a brick unless you consider the treo 600 a brick as well.
    Not sure if you are saying I think its a brick... I don't think so at all. I love this thing (pda2k). To me it feels like my Treo600 without the antennea.
  12. #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebar99
    You think your Treo is gonna get you chicks? lol
    Dude, this huge PPC phone is NOT sexy. Just geeky.

    I KNOW that my Treo attracts chicks BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT AFRAID TO OWN ONE!!
    I have detailed files.
  13. #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treominator
    Dude, this huge PPC phone is NOT sexy. Just geeky.

    I KNOW that my Treo attracts chicks BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT AFRAID TO OWN ONE!!
    So you are saying that SIZE does matter huh?
  14. #74  
    Form factor is my issue. The 600/650 is as big as I am willing to carry around.
  15. #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledgie
    for the cdma version, it has evdo but no wifi. .

    Wait a minute!

    Can this be true?

    If it has EVDO *and* it allows us to use broadband to make VOIP calls, can't we subscribe to EVDO (80 bucks a month, unlimited access) and use that to make VOIP calls all over town without paying per minutes fees? (Assuming you have EVDO in your city.)

    *And* we'd get to use the super-fast EVDO to surf the web.

    Am I understanding this right?
  16. #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTreo
    If it has EVDO *and* it allows us to use broadband to make VOIP calls, can't we subscribe to EVDO (80 bucks a month, unlimited access) and use that to make VOIP calls all over town without paying per minutes fees?
    Well, you could, but you would have to get used to the worst phone service imaginable. I've tried this - it's interesting when it works, but the typical latencies in EV-DO make this a non-starter for reliable communications.
  17. #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe
    Well, you could, but you would have to get used to the worst phone service imaginable. I've tried this - it's interesting when it works, but the typical latencies in EV-DO make this a non-starter for reliable communications.
    I have to agree. It would not be "stable" enough to use it as a full time solutionl. EvDo is fantastic, but it does have the speratic latency problems mentioned above. I have found that the more you use EvDo (in a session) the faster it gets.

    Anyway YES, EVDO in the pda2k (cdma version). Amazing huh?
  18. #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by farzonalmaneih
    So you are saying that SIZE does matter huh?
    Smells like technology envy to me
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions