Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    850 MHz
    I have detailed files.
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treominator
    850 MHz
    Nor does the Treo - what the hell are you talking about?
    No, my avatar is NOT a picture of me! If you don't recognize her then you are not nerdy enough to be in here.

"I didn't think it was possible, but this actually sucks and blows."
    - Bart Simpson
    Sell me this phone for $500 (maybe even $600) and I will buy it in a heartbeat!
    The features of the PDA2K is what you will see after the Treo650, I hope.
    Last time I checked, the PDA2K is $1000!

I will be getting a Treo 650 for sure but face it guys, the PDA2K is the way to go if you can afford it or if you can justify that price for an expensive phone/pda
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
    Quote Originally Posted by acajigas
    "The initial price will be about $1000, after that the price will decrease to $800."

WHAT.....!!!???

Al
    The first article reads: "The main rival of HTC Blue Angel is iPaq h6300, later Motorola MPx will appear. The phones are similar by functions and prices." I'm not sure where you read the $1000 figure.

I paid T-Mobile $500 for the h6315, so that's what I'd consider paying for any of these rivals.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by stephman
    Info about Verizon's version of the HTC Blue Angel, Verizon branded:
    http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/foru...ic.php?t=31029
    As you mentioned, the CDMA version will lack WiFi, but there are SDIO WiFi cards that actually work on the PPC platform.

Info about Cingular/AT&T version of the HTC Blue Angel, Siemen's branded:
    http://www.engadget.com/entry/6548012790166434/

thread at hofo about Cingular's version:
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...5&pagenumber=3

Review of the HTC Blue Angel, Qtek 9090 branded:
    http://www.mobile-review.com/pda/rev...angel-en.shtml

Guide showing the different brandings per carrier of HTC devices.
    Note, on that chart for T-Mobile it shows MDAIII. I believe that is only available for T-Mobile Germany.
    http://www.msmobiles.com/news.php/3201.html

Hope that's enough info for you
    Great post, Steph. Thanks for taking the time.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean18
    Are you blind? Can't you see the side by side photos, or the one on top of the other photos? Get real, it is literally MILLIMETERS bigger - you will not notice!
    It's compared to the 600 not the 650 which is more compact and, frankly, still too large, and I'm sure not going bigger. I have yet to see an acceptable sized ppc device.
    From past experience, from the small percentage of Palm->PPC converts, more than 60% come back to the palm side. It's not specs that make a device of this kind (you're not buying a hard disk), it's usability, erganomics, etc.

Microsoft with all its might has been chasing the "simple" Palm concept for 14 years now and the closest they have come is 50% market share and they got stuck there.

My point? Don't make a decision based on specs alone. You need to test drive the device throug your regular usage routine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo Rat

I will be getting a Treo 650 for sure but face it guys, the PDA2K is the way to go if you can afford it or if you can justify that price for an expensive phone/pda
    Treo Rat, one of the articles posted by Ocean says: "The main rival of HTC Blue Angel is iPaq h6300, later Motorola MPx will appear. The phones are similar by functions and prices."

I paid $500 at T-Mobile for the h6315, so I'd expect rivals to this first-to-market, loaded, favoarably-reviewed device to come in at about the the same price. We'll see. I returned the h6315 only because the phone reception was bad. The only other limitation was the attachable keyboard. Otherwise, these PPCs are clearly superior on both hardware and software. To me, broadband wireless (wi-fi) is the only meaningful upgrade in wireless devices since the release of the first Treos, and free or open hot spots are all over the place.
    1. Microsoft OS...

~The End~
    Same topic, thread merged ...
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo Rat

It will sell for $600 when the carriers have it...
    No, my avatar is NOT a picture of me! If you don't recognize her then you are not nerdy enough to be in here.

"I didn't think it was possible, but this actually sucks and blows."
    - Bart Simpson
    Quote Originally Posted by Treominator
    850 MHz
    The PDA2K GSM version is Quad band. Just like the Treo 600
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodolfo
    Great post, Steph. Thanks for taking the time.
    No prob, you're welcome. It was a slow day at work...actually it wasn't, I just didn't feel like doing any work
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    From past experience, from the small percentage of Palm->PPC converts, more than 60% come back to the palm side. It's not specs that make a device of this kind (you're not buying a hard disk), it's usability, erganomics, etc.

Microsoft with all its might has been chasing the "simple" Palm concept for 14 years now and the closest they have come is 50% market share and they got stuck there.

My point? Don't make a decision based on specs alone. You need to test drive the device throug your regular usage routine.
    Excellent point!
    I liked my T600, so I'm pretty sure I'll like the T650, form factor and features.
    I'm just finding it difficult to spend the cash on the PDA2K without playing with one first. I suppose I could buy it and if I don't like it, easily sell it on ebay.
    What's the battery life?
    Are you blind? Can't you see the side by side photos, or the one on top of the other photos? Get real, it is literally MILLIMETERS bigger - you will not notice!
    Calm down. All the differences in PDA sizes are only mm, but it's still pretty easy to tell the difference. For instance, the PDA2K is about 6% larger by volume than the bulkiest palmOne device, the Tungsten C, and apparently heavier. It's a personal preference, but having carried around both, the TC is just too big to be carrying around in a pocket all the time, and I don't mind leaving WiFi and a bigger screen behind. Maybe you need the extra features enough that you're willing to carry around the extra weight, but don't pretend that you won't notice the difference. Come back once you've used something this big.

As to the price differential, the situation is slightly different in the UK, where providers very heavily subsidize phones, but with a basic Orange contract, my educated guess based on the previous generation model prices is that the Treo650 will sell for 350$, the PDA2K $650.
    hrm, I'll definately keep my eyes out on this guy, especially since the 650 won't have ev-do and this guy will. The physically larger screen would be a great boon to my movie watching.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

Face it Ocean18, you're gonna get never ending crap about this because half the people here are blinded-by-loyalty-palm/treoheads and the other half are just pissed/jealous that they can't afford this device.

Just notice that there are a bunch of off topic threads under Treo 650 Hardware yet they moved YOUR thread! That should tell you something!

Again, this is what the Treo SHOULD BE. And as much as I love my Treo 600 I'm going out to check out this device ASAP!

Thanks for the tip on this one!

Specl
    Scraps of paper>>Back of my hand>>Kyo 6035>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>PPC6700(Sold on Fleabay)>>Treo 650>>Treo 700p>>Treo 755p and still thinking about an iPhone
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    you can thank me as well but yes, it's unfortunate. the funny thing is, i'm still *going* to probably get a 650 so it's not like i've sold my smaller brother to the first bidder. i think my greatest disappointment (and the reason i sought after this device) is the lack of EVDO on the 650. i don't like the mentality of what this insinuates - that in 5 or 6 months when evdo is widespread enough on sprint to use, that we will have to "upgrade" again to another line of treo phones WITH evdo - it should be available now. otherwise, sell the treo 650 for $350 and have it compete with the blackberry 7100t. the blackberry sells for $199 but has no palm apps to back up the sort of things the treo can do. I just dont think its right to shell out money again and again for a product which is (unfortunately in the case of 600) manufactured poorly and has a high return rate and lacks features that are available in other phones right now! Sooner or later everyone will admit 160x160 on the 600 was pathetic. Palmone should have just made it black and white for that matter. or Greyscale. While i still use my 600 all the time, i have looked at other options because i just dont think it has what i want, but that's my opinion. form factor IS a big deal, and i'll see how it works with the new phone. only time will tell. i just hope palmone one of these days gets it right. the t5 STILL fails miserably compared to other pdas in its class. If Dell was offering p4 notebook computers, and Gateway was offering overpriced celerons, sooner or later Gateway would be out of business.....oh wait... :P
    btw this thread does belong here...didnt mean to intrude in the 650 thread... no need for ppl to get angry when they see competition of their beloved device
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    From a seemingly reliable posting on HoFo, Cingular will be introducing the US version of the PDA2k (under the Siemens name) for $499 in mid-November. This is the same price point for the Siemens version that I have been hearing elsewhere for the last two weeks. So I think the big price differential that we are talking about here between the Blue Angel and the T650 won't end up being that big of a deal.

As for the "early adopters" like myself who are picking up the Imate version from overseas, the price at places like Expansys is $899. BUT thanks to the great work of a really nice guy over at HoFo who arranged a bulk purchase, many of us are getting an unlocked PDA2kfor $750 -- only $125 more than the T650 is supposedly going to sell for at BB.

David
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast