Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by stephman
    The dead, fat, former president is correct!
    The going rate right now is around $850 and up.
    I too have been following this multinamed device... The price w/ contract is supposed to be around 600...

If this thing is pocketable (which the guy in the comparison link above said it is), I'm goin for it...

What's the Treo got going for it over this device? a tiny bit smaller and EDGE? Is edge even out? Is anyone using it? Are they gonna jack up data prices because of faster speeds? Better camera? (we'll see)

The PPC OS on this thing looks so much better as a multimedia device as well, on top of being a phone and PDA. Windows media player.. Built in software to read all kinds of MS Office stuff.. It comes with everything you need right out of the box. Sounds like it has great voice command capabilities, better speakerphone, faster, more memory..

The question is -- what bugs is it gonna have?
    Last edited by Joebar; 10/26/2004 at 09:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by stephman
    The dead, fat, former president is correct!
    The going rate right now is around $850 and up.

Once again, my girth is not for public fodder!

Alas, a workable Bluetooth phone along with a Dell Axim X50v shall be cheaper than this one.
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    The absence of Wifi on the CDMA version of this phone makes me wonder if Wifi will do us Sprint users any good as an add-on. The GSM PDA2k will seamlessly switch your data connection from GPRS to Wifi and back, as you move in and out of range of a Wifi access point. Can a CDMA phone do this? If so, can a Garnet phone do this?
    It looks like possibly a good device. But...

Many people have complained about the OS, some like it but many don't, just too difficult for a device like this. Too many steps to do things that take just a click in palm OS apparantly.

The keyboard does not look as easy to use or functional as the 650.

Some folks like the slider, but takes away from some of the one-handed functionality.

For Sprint users, the data plan would be much more expensive for this device than the 600.

Its not out yet either, would not suprise me if it keeps getting pushed back. Lots of things could be buggy with it.

I will believe the battery claims when I see it!
    [QUOTE=midmofan]
    Its not out yet either, would not suprise me if it keeps getting pushed back. Lots of things could be buggy with it.

QUOTE]

I believe you can purchase this thing right now on Expansys.com

6.    #26  
    [QUOTE=matchtrader]
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan

QUOTE]

I believe you can purchase this thing right now on Expansys.com

Yes, you can. It will be available from the providers soon, but you can get it now from overseas.

Here is an even better write up, with many details and photos - check it out.
    No, my avatar is NOT a picture of me! If you don't recognize her then you are not nerdy enough to be in here.

"I didn't think it was possible, but this actually sucks and blows."
    - Bart Simpson
    Sorry, I should have been clearer. I meant that not available from Sprint yet and would not surprise me if pushed back for them. Being a Sprint person, I get focused on that at times, LOL.
  8.    #28  
    This is where Palm should be - but since they continuously fall short - I am going elsewhere. Check this out and try to tell me that the Treo 650 is a better device. Forget the millimeters in size difference - the Treo line simply is getting its **** kicked by these new PPC devices - no matter how hard you try to deny it. I'm sold, and will be buying one at $600 from Cingular the second they are available. Give the above article a thorough read (and this one too, and you will see why...
    No, my avatar is NOT a picture of me! If you don't recognize her then you are not nerdy enough to be in here.

- Bart Simpson
    To each his own. That is why they are PDA's Personal Digital Assistant. Everyone has different needs for their device. I personal just want a good convergence device that is small and has a keyboard. Treo is perfect for me. Personally I would never carry that Qteck Brick around. If I wanted a PPC smartphone I would opt to wait for the benq p50.

http://www.brighthand.com/article/No...P50_Until_2005
    I think I am leaning towards this too. I have been trying to convince myself for months that the 650, with all it's shortcomings, still had upgrades worth paying for.
    However, I use my Treo heavily for my real estate business and it looks like this device will be all that the Treo SHOULD have been. I'll have to switch from Sprint to a GSM provider but the daily benefit will be more than worth the hassle.
    Funny thing is that when I used to have a Kyocera 6035, I was DYING to get the Kyo 7135 but Sprint wouldn't carry it. Looking back I am so glad I never got the 7135. I have a feeling that I will feel the same way about the 650 when I get the HTC phone.
    Scraps of paper>>Back of my hand>>Kyo 6035>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>PPC6700(Sold on Fleabay)>>Treo 650>>Treo 700p>>Treo 755p and still thinking about an iPhone
    I don't know... I was using an i-mate that was great but sucked as a phone (constant soft resets, dropped calls, no signal strength). It was an unlocked GSM that I purchased from someone in Australia and used in the US on T-Mobile. So I figured that had something to do with it. So, when the iPAQ 6315 came out, I rushed to get one and had the same exact problems. I think PPC's are GREAT! I love how they integrate with Outlook and constantly sync with my PC. That's one of the things I miss with my Treo. However, size, stability and functionality have won me over with the Treo. I think PPC's still have a while to go before they're as stable as this little Treo. Just my opinion though of course!
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean18
    This is where Palm should be - but since they continuously fall short - I am going elsewhere. Check this out and try to tell me that the Treo 650 is a better device. Forget the millimeters in size difference - the Treo line simply is getting its **** kicked by these new PPC devices - no matter how hard you try to deny it. I'm sold, and will be buying one at $600 from Cingular the second they are available. Give the above article a thorough read (and this one too, and you will see why...
    "The initial price will be about $1000, after that the price will decrease to $800."

WHAT.....!!!???

Al
    Hey ocean18!
    This is the same topic you posted 4 hours ago. We get it. You like this MS device. So go buy it and enjoy. Then you can go rave about it on a PPC board somewhere. If you keep hangin around here raving about it, you are going to start looking suspiciously like your in the employ of Mr. Gates.
    Are you?
    it has some cool features, but you'll need a man bag to carry that thing around. It it huge! I will look like you have a TI Graphing calculator on your hip. I know you said forget size, but size is a very important characteristic of a phone.
    OK - forgive me - I can't find the bloody thread. When is Verizon supposed to offer the CDMA version? Dec, right?
    Wow. I wrote PPC off as well due to the 650, but now I'll have to evaluate more.
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)
    I equate these devices with the good-looking girl across the restaurant. looks good on the outside, many issues that you won't find out about until you're well down the road with her. Same thing with this PPC device. Looks great on 4
    Yeah we read it already from you in http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=59993
    Okay, nice device...enjoy! But PLEASE stop posting multiple posts in the same day on the same subject. We get it.

Now if the 650 will just come out so I can get one!
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by lyndon_h
    it has some cool features, but you'll need a man bag to carry that thing around. It it huge! I will look like you have a TI Graphing calculator on your hip. I know you said forget size, but size is a very important characteristic of a phone.
    Are you blind? Can't you see the side by side photos, or the one on top of the other photos? Get real, it is literally MILLIMETERS bigger - you will not notice!

- Bart Simpson
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast