More details:

http://www.clubimate.com/index.asp?P...=DETAILS_PDA2K
    that phone got so many names.

tmobile - MDA III
    unbranded - imate 2k
    sprint - ppc6600 and ppc6601
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    If Cingular's gonna get it soon, I may look at it beside the 650. That's the first alternative I've seen that looks interesting enough to consider...
    Vince
  4.    #4  
    http://www.mobile-review.com/pda/rev...angel-en.shtml

A pretty good review of the phone. The thing that scares me is the mention of a $1,000 price on thus puppy! Damn, that seems high!!
    WOW....when does that come to Sprint?
    Great device, but it is huge.
    doesn't form factor mean anything to you guys? it does to me. it looks like you're holding a flip flop to the side of your head. Why not just paint a legal pad silver and save the $1000
    What are Cingular's data plan rates like?
  9. mtb
    Quote Originally Posted by yitzchakis1
    WOW....when does that come to Sprint?
    From what I've seen the camera-less version will be coimg out this month. The camera version should come out in November or December.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    cameraless is on track for later this month (end of month), camera is for early december. both have a price range of $599-$699 before sprint rebates. (this is for the sprint phone).

Cingular and t-mobile will come after sprint's announcement. Verizon also has it planned but no word on when they'll release it (hopefully soon). The CDMA version will have EVDO, gsm will only have GSM (no edge). It is available now through online shippers but has a high price tag due to the fact they aren't selling you a phone contract. Only gsm version is available as of now but if you have a cingular or t-mobile data plan you can switch your sim card and start using it.

it's actually not quite as LARGE as it shows in those pics, although the screen is indeed large than the treos. if i find a pic of a treo 600 and this model side by side i'll post... slightly longer and wider than treo but with keyboard in it is quite cute
    What's the battery life in hours talking, computing, and standby? The battery is only 1490ma/hr.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    people on howardforums who use the GSM version note it's about 3 hours of heavy wifi use/ and about an hour or so of talk time, which leads me to believe it's about the same battery length as our current Treo 600 (i have sprint tho). Removeable battery tho is nice and they offer a much larger 2200 battery but it adds weight and makes it look like a sandwich.
  13. cec
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sledgie
    it's actually not quite as LARGE as it shows in those pics, although the screen is indeed large than the treos. if i find a pic of a treo 600 and this model side by side i'll post... slightly longer and wider than treo but with keyboard in it is quite cute
    Is it as big as the HP 6315?
    Thanks for the info....first Microsoft Mobile product I have real interest in
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    with keyboard extended it's quite a bit longer, however, what interests me is if it's going to look like a brick being held up to the side of my face (treo 300 anyone) or suitable enough for a phone. the 600 walks the line... lots of people say it looks too big in pictures but then once then see it they say, how do you type on that thing? it's so small? and then of course those that type know that it is indeed possible and not too difficult (95% of the time) - not sure of the dimensions of the hp 6315 but the 6315 is quite thicker with keyboard attached and my *opinion* is it isnt as much eye candy as the ppc 6600/siemens/etc. plus, i really want to get a evdo phone when rollout becomes available. screen size is similar to 6315. the reason i think it holds such a threat to 650 is because it's *already out* in gsm market (if you know where to get it and willing to pay higher price) and true North American market is right around the corner...whereas BenQ is rumored to be delayed and MPx who knows (especially since 1st version is suppose to have 32 mb ram but later version 1-3 months later is 64 or higher).. also i don't like specs/speed of 6315...
    Yuck, extremely ugly, Microsucks, no thanks..
    They're going to compete price-wise with the first-to-market h6315, and the Treo; so I'd expect the fairly standard now $600 or so, minus discounts.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    Ms Os....forget It!!!!
    As a Mac user I've not been particularly impressed with the Palm OS. It's ok, but nothing special. I've seen nothing in the screen shots of the Pocket PC OS to put me off that. Although I keep changing my mind, I'm probably going to buy the PDA2K in the next few weeks, because it has wifi. I'm planning to only use it with a bluetooth headset, so the issue of holding a flip flop to the side of my head hopefully won't apply. I've read posts on the howard forum by people that have already received it and there has been excellent feedback so far.

The Treo 650 isn't going to be perfect so I've decided, sod it, I'll try a Pocket PC for a year and if I don't like it as much as Palm then I'll get the first Treo that comes out with wifi and the ability to use wifi while talking via a bluetooth headset... (assuming the rivals haven't come up with the next big thing while Palm are catching up with the wifi thing).

Just to show how close I am to deciding - I've just bought an Airport card for my mac (wifi) ready for when I get it.

One thing that tipped the balance was the ridiculous problems trying to transfer files from my Mac to my Treo 600 - can't see mp3 files at all, can't get mp3's onto it at all without first installing pocket tunes, etc etc. The Mac OS is easy to use but you can still do what you want with it. From my experience of the Palm OS if you wan't to do anything out of the ordinary it's a pain in the ***.
    Size of the PDA2K, it's slightly thinner than the Treo 600, it's about the same length as the treo 600's aerial, and it's about a 1cm wider. I was worried the Treo 600 was too big when I was thinking of buying it, but functionality outweights the size. I hope I will be able to say the same of the PDA2K. I don't carry a laptop around with me because of the bulk, but if I can get some of that functionality from a big phone then it's worth it.