View Poll Results: Which SPCS device is the right one to buy??

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blackberry 7750 (coming in November)

2 3.17%
  • Treo 650 (coming ???)

51 80.95%
  • Other device not listed

4 6.35%
  • Who cares - just get something!!

6 9.52%
  1.    #1  
    Take this quick poll, then let me know your thoughts of the 7750 versus the Treo 650. I have neither, but I suspect I will have one of them. My company uses Exchange 2003, but we also have a blackberry server attached, so either option (now that Palm has announce Exchange support) will work. Now I just have to figure out why I would want either...
    KitMoni
    what are your needs...? they're both very different devices...so it all depends on what you want. if you want something primarily for email, get the BB. if you want one that has all the functions as a PDA, plus email and a phone, then get the treo. depends on you.
    Agreed. If you want e-mail with PIM functions, use the Blackberry. If you want the rest of the stuff (web, games, misc. apps, etc) get the Treo. I suspect it will be months to a year before exchange or blackberry connect really makes an impact on palms.
    Why are you asking a bunch of people who haven't used either one of them?
    Because we have a great idea of what to expect. The specs of the Treo 650 are known, and I've used a similar product for a year. The specs of Blackberry products are known and I've used one for over a year.
    to be honest, the comparison between the two models is not valid due to the existance of the BB 7100. However, there is no CDMA version yet
    That is true, but the differences should be negligible.
    ^that is true
    except, different interface, form, feel, and bluetooth (albeit just for headset)
    ??? It looks the same as every other Blackberry 77xx
    then i think last week, the 7290 BB came out a few weeks ago...came form factor as the others, quad band GSM, BT, (so far no CDMA)
    The question was about the 7750.
    no i know, but i was commenting on the fact the 650 should not be compared to the 7750, however it should be compared to the 7100. I realize there is no CDMA version, but it is in the works (obviously)

But as a general rule...if the device has bb tech...im sold..BB's push email becomes very addictive...and well i miss it big time on my Treo 600 (i think i read on mytreo.net that it will be available shorlty)
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Because we have a great idea of what to expect. The specs of the Treo 650 are known, and I've used a similar product for a year. The specs of Blackberry products are known and I've used one for over a year.
    Specs != Real Life Usage. Let's see -- has anyone used the Exchange/Mail connector?

No?

Or used the BB's newfangled keyboard?

No again?

Sorry -- this poll to me seems pretty bogus.
  14.    #15  
    Since I started the poll, I can say it was not bogus. I genuinely wanted to know everyone's thoughts. I realize this is a Treo forum, so I expect for Treo to have a greater audience here. But I was interested in the discussion.

The reason I selected those two devices is because this poll was limited to SPCS. I'm not leaving them. As such, the 7100t is out (for now?), although it would be quite interesting.

I haven't had any experience with BB's push email yet, but those in my company that use it are definitely hooked. However, I hear that we're looking at alternative solutions, so I don't know what the future holds there.

For me the bottom line was PIM, Phone, Web and Bluetooth (yes, maybe email too as a bonus). Woa. Before you hit the reply button and scorch me about the 7750 NOT having Bluetooth - I know that. My next device doesn't have to have all the above criteria. It would be nice, but I don't think it exists.

Of course I'm leaning towards Treo, which is why I've joined a forum for a product I don't yet own. SPCS sorely lacks in the smart device category. These are supposed to be the two best coming. I appreciate the input you all have given me so far.
    KitMoni
    I bet you won't end up seeing the 7100 on Sprint any8
    well I was gonna say that I bet you won't see the 7100 on Sprint anytime soon - like probably not for 8 or 12 months. They will probably have a 7750-type device, then maybe a Samsung Palm product with perhaps the BB connect client - maybe- and then someday a 7100-type thing.
    But who knows, really....
  17.    #18  
    Sprint has confirmed the 7750 with an availability date of November, which is why I asked the poll question. Otherwise, the rest is just a guess.

The 7100 might only be interesting due to the cost ($199?), but I'm still feeling Treo-ish for full functionality. It would be nice for someone to officially acknowledge that it exists...
    KitMoni
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboy
    Specs != Real Life Usage. Let's see -- has anyone used the Exchange/Mail connector?

No?

Or used the BB's newfangled keyboard?

No again?

Sorry -- this poll to me seems pretty bogus.
    Newfangled keyboard?? I've been using it for years.