Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    For all of you that are frustrated with Palmone and the lack of info or lack of capablities the upcoming T650 will have, you may want to consider this...

Not a palm software product but a Treo lookalike...take a look if you havent yet

High res screen, bluetooth, wifi, 1.3mp camera....you be the judge
    rob

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/inde...n=expand,33057
    This device has been talked about a billion times on this board. I don't believe it's purchasable anywhere.
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Wasnt sure...I hadnt seen it mentioned...I just didnt go looking...my bad

rob
    Yeah....Old news
    As i've said before...
    1. BenQ????
    2. MS OS....
    Need I say more?
    Quote Originally Posted by RobM
    Wasnt sure...I hadnt seen it mentioned...I just didnt go looking...my bad

rob
    You've identified one of the more formidable PDAs on the horizon, RobM. But for Treo- and Palm-centrics, this dog won't hunt -regardless. The 650 isn't "purchasable" either and by the time it is, it probably will be behind this and other PDAs. There are more shots of this unit at the "other handhelds" forum here.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    at least we know the 650 is on the horizon, i dont think this one is even a rumor yet in the us.
    benq is neat but it runs on windows ce...we all know that sucks (ie crashes multiple times, open for TONS of viruses...not just the few that Palm OS has
    BigKenny, granted: this benq is barely a rumor, and it's from a promising company but one without much of a record -even in Taiwan.

mistertreo, welcome to the board. I have a 2215 and an h6315 sitting next to my 270: no crashes, no viruses; just an advanced multi-tasking OS that already does what Cobalt is expected to do in the future -and thensome.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistertreo
    benq is neat but it runs on windows ce...we all know that sucks (ie crashes multiple times, open for TONS of viruses...not just the few that Palm OS has
    besides a recent trojan, i dont think ppc has had any widespread viruses.
    Last edited by BigKenny; 10/11/2004 at 09:36 PM. Reason: add
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodolfo
    You've identified one of the more formidable PDAs on the horizon, RobM. But for Treo- and Palm-centrics, this dog won't hunt -regardless. The 650 isn't "purchasable" either and by the time it is, it probably will be behind this and other PDAs. There are more shots of this unit at the "other handhelds" forum here.
    The threads title implied that if you want to wait for the Treo 650 to be available you might as well pick up one of these. My point was that these are not availale as well, so how does that help in any way?
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacfarland
    The threads title implied that if you want to wait for the Treo 650 to be available you might as well pick up one of these. My point was that these are not availale as well, so how does that help in any way?
    I guess our perspectives influenced how we read it. I just read "try this" and "consider this" as fairly cautious suggestions for *some* of us that are frustrated by "the lack... capablities the upcoming T650 will have."