1.    #1  
    I know it's not a phone, but I'm thinking of dumping the Treo and carrying 2 devices - a real phone and a pda.
    I'm looking at the clie with the swivel screen. Everything I've read about the Tungsten doesn't seem encouraging. The clie has BT & WiFi and high res screen. And I won't have to abandon the Palm OS. is it a good buy?
    Brian
    Banoo... what's that smell?
    I've only ever had a play with an older Clie model, but my friend has one with a swivel screen and simply adores it. He uses the Clie as his PDA and a Sony Ericsson T68i for his phone.

Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance.
    I've loved every Clie I've owned. I stopped carrying one to combine everything into a Treo. I think Sony uses the Palm OS better than anyone.

JC
    I loved mine. Great screens on their models. The keyboards are slower than the Treo to use and I the ones I had were so big I'd always have to take them out of my pocken when I sat down.
  5.    #5  
    thanks for the input!
    i wanna get rid of my treo too for some reason. it's a good device but i would rather have a dedicated phone and a dedicated PDA.
    WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A tragic fire on Monday destroyed the personal library of President George W. Bush. Both of his books have been lost. Presidential spokesman Ari Fleischer said the president was devastated, as he had not finished coloring the second one...
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    Until the smartphone market matures a bit more I decided to do the same (sold my treo600). However I crossed to the dark side and got a Dell x30 (bluetooth, wi-fi, 624 mhz).
  8.    #8  
    I went to a Sony store in kuala lumpur and the sales guy told me Sony is no longer gonna make the Clie. Is this true? Or was this just a dumba** salesman?
    That guy was telling the truth. Sony has stepped out of the US market. They still make Palm handhelds but they are only sold in the Far East. You can still buy Clie's on eBay that are new or in stores that have over stock.

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Quote Originally Posted by Banoo
    I went to a Sony store in kuala lumpur and the sales guy told me Sony is no longer gonna make the Clie. Is this true? Or was this just a dumba** salesman?
    yep. absolutely true. sony is leaving the PDA market altogether. sad because they made kick *** PDA's that won't cry like a baby when dropped a few times - like the treo does They were rugged and elegant at the same time. put a clie next to the treo 600 and even the build material on the treo looks cheap. i really liked the ux-50 clie. was about to buy it when i got a good deal on the treo and snapped that up instead . shoulda bought the ux50.
    WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A tragic fire on Monday destroyed the personal library of President George W. Bush. Both of his books have been lost. Presidential spokesman Ari Fleischer said the president was devastated, as he had not finished coloring the second one...
    And they stopped just before releasing the Clie VZ 90.

life is soooo unfair.
    the sony pdas are nice, but they are leaving, but you can buy a P910a
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by zehubert
    And they stopped just before releasing the Clie VZ 90.

life is soooo unfair.
    123Mhz
    the ux50 was hot! i loved it, but was really set on going converged ... so i let it go for the treo.
    Truth is good, knowledge is power and it's the second mouse who gets the cheese
    Quote Originally Posted by ivyrose
    the ux50 was hot! i loved it, but was really set on going converged ... so i let it go for the treo.
    I thought the UX 50 was going to be as hot as the t mobile sidekick, but that never happened. But look what some people have found

http://www.engadget.com/entry/6548012790166434/

looks like a very good choice!!!!!!!
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.