Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The darn thing needs to actually be sold before we can annoint it anything. This has been floating around almost as long as the recent Treo line (6xx), and we're on the second generation before the BenQ even appears.
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    The darn thing needs to actually be sold before we can annoint it anything. This has been floating around almost as long as the recent Treo line (6xx), and we're on the second generation before the BenQ even appears.
    yup, as somebody said in the one of the 'death of the mpx' threads, this kind of goes to show that it is apparantly harder to come out with a device that does all of this stuff -and that works- than we often give credit for around here.
    Quote Originally Posted by murrayalex
    looks quite nice but...and it's a big big but for me...windows o/s yuk. Lots of lurrvely viruses, resets, worms...give me good ol' steady, safe, virus free palm anyday. What's with this obsession with wifi ??
    you got one thing right... old.
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo

Wow, and no backlighting for the keyboard. Thats a no-go for someone like me looking at jumping into the smartphone market.
    heh - I just started a new thread on the most recent delay of the P50.....
    Quote Originally Posted by juice
    you got one thing right... old.
    There's nothing wrong with old if the new doesn't outdo it. We can certainly have another feature for feature battle here but the point is, the new wasn't designed with input from research on what was old but worked really well.

So what happens is that the new comes out thinking it can convince everyone (including the people using the old) to buy into the new stuff. What happens instead is that you find the people with the old still think the old is better. And this applies even to people who have tried to be open minded and switched to the new stuff to give it a real on-the-road test.

Unfortunately, as it often happens, Microsoft has taken some great technology and didn't bother with the research on what makes the old great. That's why we're still having these mine is better than yours arguments in these forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12