Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    There are some tremendous looking pics of this nifty device below:

http://www.mobile01.com/newsdetail.php?id=1412

You can also view the translation here.

This basically seems to have all the functionality/feature-set of the Ace in addition to tri-wireless (bluetooth + wifi + quad-band GSM/GRPS) and MS WM platform. It's unclear whether this will wave WM2003 though. If there was any device that could beat the Treo at it's own game, the BenQ would be it imo. I would love to have one in my hands to find out!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Looks interesting, also looks a fair amount longer than the treo, not sure if I would want to hold that up to my ear, but ya never know
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  3.    #3  
    It may be longer, but that's b/c it has a 240x320 res screen with a rectangular aspect ratio! It also does not have an antenna which increases the overall size of the Ace. The hardware looks really nice imo...it's just the WM OS that makes me think twice...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Finally a Windows device that looks like it could rival the Treo. But it's not enough of an improvement and it came from a company with worse distribution than HP or even PalmOne, so I don't expect it to 'kill' anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    It may be longer, but that's b/c it has a 240x320 res screen with a rectangular aspect ratio! It also does not have an antenna which increases the overall size of the Ace. The hardware looks really nice imo...it's just the WM OS that makes me think twice...
    The author complains about now flash and reception is horrible. It appears they wire the frame of the unit to collect GSM reception....Reminds me of the HP TC1xxx tablets......yuck for the WiFi
    Why would anyone want a MS Windoz based phone? Windows is fine for desktop use, but who needs all the crap that comes with the system on a phone? I have tried windows based phones and the hardware might be OK (currently nothing of the form fasctor close to the Treo 600), but it sucks for use on a phone.

The strength of the Treo is the form factor WITH the Palm operating system.
    The rectangular screen is not the way to go on a smartphone. It just does not add all that much. Other than that, this looks like a great product, if it works as advertised and really exists (samsung, I'm looking at you).
    I've been watching this for a while... from my understanding, dimensions and weight are similar to a T600 - it may even be a little slimmer. Would love to have a play with one. Wonder if it will hit Europe...
    www.gsmworld.com
    If the phone is smaller than the Treo, I wish they would make it even smaller by putting a square screen on it. Then I'd most likely buy it if:
    a) it comes out soon
    b) the software integration / performance is as pollished as the Treo's

The problem with b) is that HS had 3 tries to get the 600 right and I don't know if BenQ can do it in 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by nzmoko
    I've been watching this for a while... from my understanding, dimensions and weight are similar to a T600 - it may even be a little slimmer. Would love to have a play with one. Wonder if it will hit Europe...
    Yes, the BenQ P50 has a size that is comparable to the Treo 600:
    120 x 60 x 20 mm

(Treo600: 112 x 60 x 22 mm).
    also, when is it going to come out, no one knows---
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    I read at pocketpcthoughts that we can expect it Q2 2005
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    I read at pocketpcthoughts that we can expect it Q2 2005
    That would be very sad, given that it was spotted in March of this year, I think...
    BenQ takes a LONG time to release phones, their UIQ P30 took like 18 months

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    Benq P50 delayed until second half of 2005.

http://www.brighthand.com/article/No...P50_Until_2005
    It'll be old news by then

Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    The rectangular screen is not the way to go on a smartphone. It just does not add all that much. Other than that, this looks like a great product, if it works as advertised and really exists (samsung, I'm looking at you).
    It's not a smartphone. The market is segmenting into smartphones, on the one hand, and wireless data/multimedia devices on the other. The former is phone-dominant, while the latter is data-dominant (email and other messaging, file attachments, business transactions, etc.) The former can do with a smaller screen; the latter thrives with a bigger screen. I think the Treo is still the top Smartphone, whereas others like the Blueberrys, the h6315, and this BenQ will lead the other segment. MS is developing both segments, each with its own PPC version. Palm1 may develop the Tungstens as primarily data devices and the Treos as Smartphones. That may be why some Tungstens are bundled with data-managing suites (Docs-to-go), whereas Treos never have been.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    It'll be old news by then
    wow, it will be outdated before it even comes out
    Naveen

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    no doubt, their UIQ P30 was so out of date when it came out that about two months later they released a P31 that addressed many issues. Now THAT blows, at least with the Treo, it has been a year

no doubt, their UIQ P30 was so out of date when it came out that about two months later they released a P31 that addressed many issues. Now THAT blows, at least with the Treo, it has been a year
    isnt kind of the same thing that happened with the sony p900 phone? i just hope the treo comes out soon, or i will be looking at the hp, siemens, or the mpx! Monkey, did you notice that howardforums.com is down. Do you know what happened?
    Naveen

Next Phone:
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast