1.    #1  
    Well....it looks like I might have to switch to the Blackberry 7290 in the very near future. I had been using the Treo 600 all this time out of pocket as a company phone with the company GSM card including unlimited data.

http://www2.ccnmatthews.com/scripts/....html?cp=globe

It just doesn't make any sense to keep the Treo 600 with me if I do get one of them from the company. I must admit though that the Crackberry is LOADED with features at a VERY decent price.
    It will fulfill all my corporate needs plenty plus has bluetooth headset for free included.
    I have gone form Visor Deluxe /Visor Prism (Visor Phone) ->Treo 180 ->Treo 270-> Treo 600 so it is not going to be an easy transition....

I might also be putting up my Treo 600 for sale with Tons of accessories/chargers/cables/cases etc on the chopping block here before going the ebay route......

Funny thing is that one of the main things pulling me back towards the Treo is a couple of the softwares I bought especially CallFilter due to its note taking/scheduling capability after every phone call.

Sigh.... I guess I just need a hug......
    Last edited by Treominator; 10/07/2004 at 08:26 PM.
    I have detailed files.
    Well good for you. A couple of problems with that, though.
    1. What does that have to do with the 650/ACE that this forum was disigned to discuss?
    2. Well, until I read that your corporation was GIVING you a Blackberry (I assume that means absolutely NO COST TO YOU) I didn't think you needed a hug. I thought you needed a good slap in the kisser to bring you back to reality. The higher ups in my corp. all use Blackberry's and my immediate supervisor and I all mock them mercilessly. Theirs are on Verizon's network, but we get everything done off our Treo's that they do, and we look better doing it. The icing on the cake was last week at a HUGE sales conference at headquarters ALL the Great High Muckety Mucks had to turn their Almighty Blackberries off because everytime they received a "Pushed" email the damn things caused feedback on the audio system, but my Treo and I kept right on quietly working while they talked. At the end of the day we were all supposed to go out for dinner & drinks, but they all had to turn in early because they had 900 emails they needed to respond to. I stayed at the bar, scored some digits from a FINE Texas Honey that worked at city hall down the street, and got laid the next night! AND I have a standing invite everytime we're back in Ft.Worth, which is three or four times a year! Moral of the story? Treo's are cooler, and they help you get @$$!!!!!! Sweeeeeeeeeet. ;-)
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    Well good for you. A couple of problems with that, though.
    1. What does that have to do with the 650/ACE that this forum was disigned to discuss?
    And I WAAAANTTTT ITTTTTT TTTTOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

WAAAAAHHHH WAAAAAAHHHHHH....
    I have detailed files.
    I feel so stupid now. What a phenomenal re"****"al! Anyway, there really wasn't any need for that hostility. I understand that when others point out your shortcomings it can be difficult to accept, but still. I would at least try to do it with a little grace and humilty. Either way, enjoy your Blackberry, bro. Oh, and let me know how it works out for you. Over on a BLACKBERRY forum, okay? Thanks.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    i am selling mine too - i just want a normal phone now where i don't have to worry about dropping it and then 10 features dying on me
    WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A tragic fire on Monday destroyed the personal library of President George W. Bush. Both of his books have been lost. Presidential spokesman Ari Fleischer said the president was devastated, as he had not finished coloring the second one...
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    i'm pretty sure this forum was meant to discuss other phones, and this thread rightly justifies it -

as for you getting laid the next evening - that has nothing to do with smartphones. unless your treo was in the front of your pants and the "texas honey" you were referring to was....manipulated into thinking the treo was actually...coinage

as for the blackberry - tell us how the new one works. is it still using mobitex/cingular pager towers to pull email? that would explain the buzz over the audio system. my old 957 acted as a pager when retrieving emails - wonder if the new one uses the ISP/provider's data connection or another way to pull down the data. while the new blackberry wouldnt offer me enough to switch, i would like to know how it works out with the keyboard. nowadays those ppl with regular phones can sure write sms' messages fast enough even with the number pad! wonder how the new berry holds up. post your thoughts when you get it
    sledgie
  7.    #7  
    The Blackberry 7290 is already available via Cingular, I am just waiting for the final word from the higher ups for the Green Signal to get one.
    Honestly, try as I might, for a contract price of $149, this unit is just wayyy too loaded to ignore and doesn't have that peculiar keyboard of the other new Blackberry (7185 or something by TMobile).

Also, I have used the Treo 600 since it came out in November and even after the EXTENSIVE use that I have been getting out of it, there is NO WAY I could in my right mind justify this as corporate tool for all my managers. The only way to get the most out of the Treo is to get all the software that enhances it tremendously, but, at the same time makes it prone to resets and that cannot be tolerated in a business environment.

And if someone says not to use those features and stuck to the basic, or even the cameraless one for that matter, then I might as well go for the highly disounted Blackberry.

BlueTooth (+ headset for free), high resolution screen, stable(r) OS system, the best keyboard, ability to see attachments for MS Office are QUITE enticing, to say the least.

I dunno, until I try it out for sure though and I will post my thoughts on it.
    Last edited by Treominator; 10/07/2004 at 04:39 PM.
    I have detailed files.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by rossoneri
    i am selling mine too - i just want a normal phone now where i don't have to worry about dropping it and then 10 features dying on me
    Are you being serious or just sarcastic ?? I mean I see the logic behind the statement but then again that is the basic grounds for a "smart phone" to be able to some of everything.....

Of course, if I wasn't getting the Blackberry from my co. for free, (along with the data plans on the SIM card) I wouldn't even have considered looking the other way...
    I have detailed files.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treominator
    The Blackberry 7290 is already available via Cingular, I am just waiting for the final word from the higher ups for the Green Signal to get one.
    Honestly, try as I might, for a contract price of $149, this unit is just wayyy too loaded to ignore and doesn't have that peculiar keyboard of the other new Blackberry (7185 or something by TMobile).

Also, I have used the Treo 600 since it came out in November and even after the EXTENSIVE use that I have been getting out of it, there is NO WAY I could in my right mind justify this as corporate tool for all my managers. The only way to get the most out of the Treo is to get all the software that enhances it tremendously, but, at the same time makes it prone to resets and that cannot be tolerated in a business environment.

And if someone says not to use those features and stuck to the basic, or even the cameraless one for that matter, then I might as well go for the highly disounted Blackberry.

BlueTooth (+ headset for free), high resolution screen, stable(r) OS system, the best keyboard, ability to see attachments for MS Office are QUITE enticing, to say the least.

I dunno, until I try it out for sure though and I will post my thoughts on it.
    Actually the 7290 is NOT yet available. Cingular had been quoting a 10/5 release but it has now been delayed until 10/15. They've pulled it off the website.