1.    #1  
    Someone owes me an apology or two! My specs and PPT slides were dead-on correct for the T5 (aka Angus).

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...The+Muffin+Man

How about that Athena connector scheme that basically is replacing the Universal Connector and, in the process, pissing-off hundreds of thousands of people with UC-based accessories?

For those that doubted saying that the palmOne marketing people would NEVER approve crappy slides like those, you have to ask yourself -- do you want to hear the truth or do you want to hear what you want to hear? Those marketing guys weren't building presenations for selling purposes. They were mock-ups and such strictly for listing features for internal use.
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    I agree. There was at least one poster who seriously needs to get on some sort of medication!! It's amazing how many juvenile, unsocialized people get on forums like this. I guess this one is one of the best, though. Thanks for all the info you provided those of us who weren't hopped up on something ;-) Just for the record, I thought the slides were crappy, too - but knowing they were never meant to be seen by the public, I didn't question their validity. They just need ME on their power point presentations!
    Word man. Props to you for sure.

Any word on how EDGE integration is going? Engadet reported that it is porblematic at ths time...
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une ťmission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by The Muffin Man
    Someone owes me an apology or two! My specs and PPT slides were dead-on correct for the T5 (aka Angus).

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...The+Muffin+Man

How about that Athena connector scheme that basically is replacing the Universal Connector and, in the process, pissing-off hundreds of thousands of people with UC-based accessories?

For those that doubted saying that the palmOne marketing people would NEVER approve crappy slides like those, you have to ask yourself -- do you want to hear the truth or do you want to hear what you want to hear? Those marketing guys weren't building presenations for selling purposes. They were mock-ups and such strictly for listing features for internal use.
    Here is something you rarely see on TC...someone being wrong and fessing up accordingly.

I had my doubts about the slides, but obviously yours were correct genuine.
    I just had a crow burrito.

It does confirm however, what I have long posted - the poor quaility of Palm's marketing dept.

All hail the Muffin.

P.S. Spacehog said some of your specs were wrong...but they look the same to me....is there a discrepancy, or was he wrong?
    hey Muffin Man,

Since this new T|T5 looks soo much like the T|E is this just an update to that device? It would seem logical that another T|x is in the works that will have a VGA screen with built in WiFi, BT 1.2, recording, and several other missing features from this model. And probly would have Palm OS 6.1. Since you seam to be the man with the correct info have you heard anything?

Thanks, Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Yeah Muffin Man...tell us about all the Cobalt stuff in the works...please, please, please!
    Treo 650 GSM Unlocked-TMobile
  7.    #7  
    I told you guys -- nothing till after the first of the year (2005 that is). That came directly from my gastrointerologist's palmOne source. Unless palmOne goes off-schedule with their releases, you won't see a new Cobalt unit until Spring I don't think. Sony isn't going to do it, Samsung and Kyocera aren't doing non-phone handhelds, Handera is bust and AlphaSmart is still in monochrome OS 4 units. Tapwave isn't well enough funded to go out on the limb as the leader in new OS units. palmOne has no competition so they can afford to wait -- at least that's what they think. Pocket PC's will take more and more market as the VGA units take off.
    yeah...I know "nothing till 2005'...but what's in the works for 2005...got any powerpoint slides for the cobalt stuff?
    Treo 650 GSM Unlocked-TMobile
    "Samsung and Kyocera aren't doing non-phone handhelds"

OK, since you mentioned it, any rumors on new Palm based phones from either of these two...
    I told you guys -- nothing till after the first of the year (2005 that is).
    And that is a good thing. Now palmOne can impress us with what they did with Cobalt 6.1!
    Current setup: myTouch 4G Slide (main), hp Pre2 and Veer 4G (backups)
    lol i love seeing people get their asses handed to em although i prefer to celebrate silently some people just need to hear it sometimes.
    Hey Muffin Man

Well, I was certainly wrong about you and I'll say thanks now for posting your information.

However...

You should not construe this as an apology. It is not meant to be one. There is a difference between being wrong and making a mistake. Popular culture is not very good at making this distinction, I think.

I was certainly wrong, but I would make the same call again in the future with similar evidence. This was enormously unprofessional material from Palm. In my company, the types of errors that were evident there would not be allowed to persist, even if the slides were not intended for external publication, even if the marketing department had nothing to do with them, and for the exact reason we saw in these forums: they may get out anyhow, despite the best of intentions.

Anyhow, thanks again for your contribution, even if they didn't do me any good.
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    Hey, Muffin Man, thanks for those early slides. I found them very interesting. I hope you are enjoying all the hemming and hawing from the sorry-assed clowns about "why I'm not really sorry".
    I told you guys -- nothing till after the first of the year (2005 that is). That came directly from my gastrointerologist's palmOne source. Unless palmOne goes off-schedule with their releases, you won't see a new Cobalt unit until Spring I don't think. Sony isn't going to do it, Samsung and Kyocera aren't doing non-phone handhelds, Handera is bust and AlphaSmart is still in monochrome OS 4 units. Tapwave isn't well enough funded to go out on the limb as the leader in new OS units. palmOne has no competition so they can afford to wait -- at least that's what they think. Pocket PC's will take more and more market as the VGA units take off.
    alrighty, thanks for the info you have given us so far man
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about