Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I was just browsing and saw P1 released the T5 on their site - hopefully the Treo 650 is soon to follow - LET's HOPE!!!!!

http://www.palmone.com/us/products/h...s/tungsten-t5/
    Last edited by firefinder24; 10/03/2004 at 11:32 PM.
    Hell is true!!

Hope the Treo 650 would go out the dor tomorrow !!

And I hope some of the added functionalities on the T5 would be on treo like the USB drive thing and the HUGE ram!!
    Holy sh!t there it is
    no explicit mention of wi-fi capability, even though it seems to be affirmed that the card will work ... gives me hope for the t650 wifi-capability ... only with this capability it would be a no-brainer.
    The Blazer 4.0 would be the browser on the new Treo and it's looking f***ing great!!
  6.    #6  
    I'm liking the flashdrive idea - hopefully that will make it over to the Treo - but for that I imagine it will need more than the "user available 20mb" we've been hearing about!
    Hmmm...looks VERY likely Blazer will be in the new Treo. It seems P1 has standardized on that. I like the idea of making so it can also be a portable hard drive (160 MB internal flash). Can we dare to dream that the 650 will have that???
    Is Palm OS 5.4 Garnet? Is this T5 using the OS that the 650 will have?
    D00d,

what's up with T5? it's a loser PDA.
    no recorder, no cobalt, no wiFi and HVGA screen for $400?
    Dell is so crushing Palm. No mercy.

I am cutting Palmone marketshare by half to upper 20% by end of next year.
    D00d,

what's up with T5? it's a loser PDA.
    no recorder, no cobalt, no wiFi and HVGA screen for $400?
    Dell is so crushing Palm. No mercy.

I am cutting Palmone marketshare by half to upper 20% by end of next year.
    It pains me to say it, but absolutely agree with Ska here. I'm so utterly disgusted and discouraged right now by P1, and I can't believe they actually think consumers will go out and buy this crappy pda. Let's see... no Cobalt, no wifi, no voice recorder, no PUC, cheapo TE plastic casing and all for $400 friggin bucks?!?! WTF is palm1 thinking?!? Perhaps they weren't... In any case, for the first time ever, I am soo angry and dissappointed with PalmOne that I think I actually want to see this model crash and burn in the marketplace... I only hope the idiots at P1 don't screw up the Treo line like they now seem to be doing with the Tungstens..

Anyway, I guess my next pda will be PPC afterall. Ska, which do you recommend: the X50 vga or the forthcoming hx2200?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    WTF is palm1 thinking?!?
    The PRPRPR-$fluffs$ $they$ $put$ $out$ $for$ $the$ $device$ $are$ $aimed$ $at$ $PDA$-$naive$ &$quot$;$professional$ $users$&$quot$;, $in$ $particular$ $physicians$ ($at$ $least$ $overtly$).

Salemen trying to sell Popsie Poopsies only have to shout louder to make the sales. The classic example is the cold medicine that doesn't change, but the government lowers the maximum strength that one can sell without a prescription and the sales guys place the words "Now Maximum Strength!" on the packaging.

Maybe it'll fly...
    BTW - the PalmOne Handheld store "shipping dates' are self-inconsistent AND contrast with the PRPRPR-$fluffs$ $just$ $put$ $out$ $by$ $PalmOne$ $about$ $the$ &$quot$;$release$&$quot$;. $One$ $store$-$page$ $says$ $1$.$5$ $to$ $3$ $weeks$ ($7$ $to$ $10$ $full$ $business$ $days$), $another$ $says$ $2$ $to$ $3$ $days$, $and$ $the$ $PR$-$fluffs$ $put$ $out$ $this$ $morning$ $say$ $1$ $month$:

1st link:

-- http://store.palmone.com/product/ind...ductId=1865331

[For the 2nd link that says 2-3 days click "buy now" on the above page]

3rd link:

-- http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/041004/nym112_1.html
    For those that don't want to waste their time by wading through the marketing fluff, I've done a quick list of what Tungsten T5 features might appear on the 650.
    T5 does support the PalmOne WiFi card1
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    Wow, pretty disappointing. Its a T3 without the slider and that was the coolest part! Seems like P1 is really slipping. I'm sure the Wifi card will work. Palm must have something against Wifi and BT in a unit or they are having a real hard time integrating them together. Oh well.

Joe
    Quote Originally Posted by imageone
    WHO CARES!

Why do we have to worry about a wifi card in the first place - HP's had a smaller, lighter, brighter PPC with WiFi and Bluetooth for a year - no freakin' stub sticking 3/4" out of an SD slot - no nubby antennae - all internal - just check out the HP 4100 series. I love Palm, and have been loyal user since the original Palm Pilot, but this has gotten to be ridiculous. Granted, T5 has a higher resoultion screen, but so what. The HP 4100 is the size of the trusty Palm Vx and does it all INTERNALLY!

When will PDA manufacturers realize we don't want stuff SICKING OUT OF OUR PDA!
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    It pains me to say it, but absolutely agree with Ska here. I'm so utterly disgusted and discouraged right now by P1, and I can't believe they actually think consumers will go out and buy this crappy pda. Let's see... no Cobalt, no wifi, no voice recorder, no PUC, cheapo TE plastic casing and all for $400 friggin bucks?!?! WTF is palm1 thinking?!? Perhaps they weren't... In any case, for the first time ever, I am soo angry and dissappointed with PalmOne that I think I actually want to see this model crash and burn in the marketplace... I only hope the idiots at P1 don't screw up the Treo line like they now seem to be doing with the Tungstens..

Anyway, I guess my next pda will be PPC afterall. Ska, which do you recommend: the X50 vga or the forthcoming hx2200?
    Wait until review and benchmark are out of course. X50 has new graphic accelerator with one company already promising cool game. It's screen eye candy galore.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    WHO CARES!
    When will PDA manufacturers realize we don't want stuff SICKING OUT OF OUR PDA!
    I DON'T care. I agree with you 100% I'm just stating a fact that some seemed confused about.

In fact if the Treo 650 supports the WiFi card (which I don't think it will, because if cell carriers in fear of losing $ on data plans) I want buy it. I have a Tungsten C for my WiFi needs.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    Quote Originally Posted by imageone
    add $128 and lose the slot.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    WHO CARES!

When will PDA manufacturers realize we don't want stuff S[T]ICKING OUT OF OUR PDA!
    I may have missed something, but I didn't see anything sticking out of the Tungsten T5. If you were talking Treo 600, then that's stuff sticking out of our phones, which is perfectly reasonable and common.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast