Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacfarland
    I may have missed something, but I didn't see anything sticking out of the Tungsten T5. If you were talking Treo 600, then that's stuff sticking out of our phones, which is perfectly reasonable and common.
    TBH I don't want stuff sticking out of my phone either, I think the Treo would be good looking if it wasn't for the aerial.
    Animo et Fide
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacfarland
    I may have missed something, but I didn't see anything sticking out of the Tungsten T5. If you were talking Treo 600, then that's stuff sticking out of our phones, which is perfectly reasonable and common.
    i think they're talking about...if you buy a wifi card, the wifi part will be sticking out of it.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    are the current model tungsten's capabilities limited by past contracts made with manufacturing companies and palmone?
    if so, would it explain the lack of voice recorder, wifi, etc?
    i totally agree with gfunk. i remember how upset he was upon first learning that the treo 600 had a mere 160 x160 screen resolution. i echo his sentiments.
    dell is producing pda's with increasing appeal. although they lack p1's key advantage - form factor.
    its beginning to feel like we are bosox fans here as we pull for palmone. they have the world at their fingertips but painfully & frustratingly choose to fall short of their potential.
    please wake up soon, palmone. for the love of god, wake up.
    I gotta have more cowbell
    What I was talking about is HAVING to use a WiFi card that sticks out the top of the PDA (or phone). An external phone antennae is bad enough (still have never gotten a good answer to that one either, other than it increases reception - so what about all those GSM phones, and Virgn phones on SprintPCS without antennae).

If others can do internal WiFi, Palm can too!
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Does the T5 support the universal connector? I didin't see anywhere where it says it does. Also, will the stylus be different?

I hope my Tungsten T3 accessories will fit!!
    Browse over to my new forum. http://www.palmfanatic.com

"The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat. " - Albert Einstein

Palm IIIxe - Kyocera 7135 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 -> Palm Vx - Tungsten T3 - Treo 700p
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    What I was talking about is HAVING to use a WiFi card that sticks out the top of the PDA (or phone). An external phone antennae is bad enough (still have never gotten a good answer to that one either, other than it increases reception - so what about all those GSM phones, and Virgn phones on SprintPCS without antennae).

If others can do internal WiFi, Palm can too!
    Ahh, I get it now. But doesn't Palm do internal wifi on their Tungsten C line?

If I were to make a gripe, I'd say that it's quite odd that you have to pick and choose feature sets you want giving up some things for others. I agree that this new high end device should have wifi built-in like a lot of the PPCs.
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUES
    Does the T5 support the universal connector? I didin't see anywhere where it says it does. Also, will the stylus be different?

I hope my Tungsten T3 accessories will fit!!
    No. T5 is using the new Multi-Connector. See the pics here.
    Now is the first time I have ever thought of going with PPC. Palm devices have a nicer OS and a nicer form factor, but when will palm learn that WE WONT TAKE THIS! When I look in the paper and see ads for PPCs that have wi-fi and cost a hundred dollars less then the T3, I get discouraged. But this is pathetic. They've had a year to improve their device, and instead all they do is remove the slider (IMHO a very inventive part of the T3) and give us a little more memory. Then they only take $50 off the price of the T3, which shows that they do not feel that the T5 is a huge improvement. But when your top model is less featured then the low end models of PPC manufacturers, and you're charging a ton for it, there's something wrong. And if you want Wi-fi, well then you can, but then the price of the device is $500 and you have something sticking out of the top of your device just waiting to break off.

Sorry for the rant, but I think we're all feeling very dissapointed and let down.
    "Matters of great concern should be taken lightly, matters of small concern should be taken seriously."
    -ancient chinese adage
    Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    Those of you looking at alternatives have another choice besides PPC. I just sold my Treo on ebay and picked up a Zaurus c860. It was $581 brand new shipped overnight from PriceJapan.com.

Great form factor, 600 x 480 resolution, 400 mhx xScale, awesome design, compact flash and SD slots, jog dial, etc... The software is no where near Palm's selection but it is decent enough. I can find enough FREE replacements for most of my Palm apps. PIM apps have gotten better since I had my Zaurus 5000. Syncs with Outlook 2K3 or Palm Desktop. I can also pair it with by bluetooth cellphone when I use my bluetooth CF card.

The only downsize is the lack of some software and no built in wireless. If you have any questions about the device or software, let me know.

PDA Buyers Guide Review

Software Index

Zaurus User Group
    I agree, mwylde. you know, I used to read anti-palm folks here and think they were just pushing ms,
    but now that I see the snail's pace of product development palmone has chosen, im beginning to foster an interest in ppc's now.
    the way I look at it, p1 is placing themselves the economy seats, LETTING the competition take first class in front of them.
    why? sheesh. god only knows. its almost like reading headlines about your favorite slugger striking out in the clutch, forcing you to utter, " say it aint so, babe."
    little melodramatic there, I apologize, but palmone really should know better than this.
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Ska, which do you recommend: the X50 vga or the forthcoming hx2200?
    Isn't the antenna on this hx2200 a little too big? http://www.strongsignals.net/access/...rr_hx2200.html
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12