1.    #1  
    The Group's web site has posted a spec. list and a piccy of the device, which is GSPDA's first Palm OS 5-derived unit. The device is said to run Palm OS 5.4, possibly PalmSource's smart phone oriented OS, 'Garnet'.
    No mention of bluetooth, though.

Article:
    http://www.theregister.com/2004/09/1...lm5-4_handset/

Pictures (blurrrrry) & specs:
    http://www.hkpug.org/modules.php?nam...rticle&sid=625

Regards,
    Chriz
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Nice finds! That will be interesting if that model comes to USA...
    Looks like a great phone! But you know what, I've gotten so spoiled by the keyboard on the Treo600, I don't know if I could ever go back to grafiti.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    Looks like a great phone! But you know what, I've gotten so spoiled by the keyboard on the Treo600, I don't know if I could ever go back to grafiti.
    Yup, looks nice indeed. It would certainly be great for us PalmOS users if more companies start licensing the OS, especially in the smartphone market. I only wonder if this model will make it past concept stage, if it is real at all.

As for the keyboard, although it is not specifically mentioned, the specs do show the following:
    Dimension:
    - 106mm x 50.8mm x 23.5mm
    - 130.5mm x 50.8mm x 23.5mm (Slide up)
    So this seems in fact to have a sliding keyboard (meaning probably not comparable to Treo's nice clicking keys, but a keyboard anyway... and about the same size as Treo's KB, I'd say!).

Regards,
    Chriz
    Hmmm. A 24.5 mm keyboard is awfully tiny!

Quote Originally Posted by chriz
    Yup, looks nice indeed. It would certainly be great for us PalmOS users if more companies start licensing the OS, especially in the smartphone market. I only wonder if this model will make it past concept stage, if it is real at all.

As for the keyboard, although it is not specifically mentioned, the specs do show the following:
    So this seems in fact to have a sliding keyboard (meaning probably not comparable to Treo's nice clicking keys, but a keyboard anyway... and about the same size as Treo's KB, I'd say!).

Regards,
    Chriz
    Quote Originally Posted by sledgie
    Nice finds! That will be interesting if that model comes to USA...

doesn't seem like it, GSM 900/1800
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by illustreous
    Hmmm. A 24.5 mm keyboard is awfully tiny!
    Well... I don't know about the Treo 600, but my Treo180's keyboard is 25mm in height... so I see no big difference there. I was mostly wondering about what type of keys a sliding keyboard can use...

Chriz.
    seems like they would be flush and not raised huh? to allow for the motion?
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey