1.    #1  
    I usually dont wear a watch because they seem kind of redundant, my treo already has a clock and an alarm. Now i was thinking if there was a watch that was bluetooth enabled for the new treo, heck i'd even take a ir enbaled one for the 600. Imagine what you could do with a bluetooth watch, a treo 650 & a bluetooth headset

- Watch could notify you of calls, which you can answer via headset without pulling out your treo, you could even be notified of and read sms, ims, emails & news & weather alerts
    - With this watch you can look up contacts, recieve alarm and meeting notifications
    - if your pda had a gps - presto! gps directions on your wrist

The possibilities are limitless. Ideally, the watch should have an elegant design, one that blends in easily with a professional image, the last thing i want is to look like **** tracy in those old comics. It is nice to dream

**edit**
    haha, seems like sieko did some work on a prototype 3 yrrs ago...i HOPE they never look like this:
    http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/ces2001-seiko.jpg
    Last edited by makrotonik; 09/08/2004 at 10:23 AM.
    I had this same idea a year or so ago. The way I envisioned it was a device that was more or less a dumb display. Maybe a "yes" and a "no" button. Via bluetooth it would display alerts and other information from your PDA/Smartphone. If someone is calling, you can look at your watch to see who it is. If you get an SMS, you can see it on your wrist. Alerts, appointments, same deal. There wouldn't be any input on the device (to keep cost and size down). With Blutetooth providing the connectivity, this could be an add-on (along with the requisite software) that isn't extremely expensive. Anyhoo, just my view on it.
    Jeepers, it was more than a year ago (coming up on 2!).

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...00&postcount=4
  4.    #4  
    thats exactly what i was talking about! wow i need to make some phone calls!
    I wish Fossil would restart their pda Palm Watch...
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...bosnation0e-20

It was a slick design, but the company that made the display tanked...
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Quote Originally Posted by makrotonik
    I usually dont wear a watch because they seem kind of redundant, my treo already has a clock and an alarm. Now i was thinking if there was a watch that was bluetooth enabled for the new treo, heck i'd even take a ir enbaled one for the 600. Imagine what you could do with a bluetooth watch, a treo 650 & a bluetooth headset

You mean something like this?

Samsung announced this GPRS BT watch last year, but I haven't heard anything else about it since. Very cool imo...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Interesting idea, especially the alarm part. I used to have a vibrating watch (since I'm deaf) and it was great. Often, I can't feel the Treo vibrating when it's in it's case. If it could signal a watch that vibrates, I'd know it immediately.
    I've always thought that an extension of this would be really cool - lots of small/useful bluetooth enabled gadgets that all talk to one another that together make up ur PDA, or even a laptop. You could buy different bits to make up ur perfect device. U'd need a 'brain' that could be about PDA sized, with the antena, processor, etc, but without a screen, or inputs. U could carry it in ur bag or whatever. Then u just add bits on, like a watch screen, bluetooth headset, large ultra-thin screen, VR glove for data input. The 'Brain' would connect to whatever you picked up or were near. You could just grab the bits u needed... night on the town? Watch display. Day at the office? keyboard, mouse and large display. Long train journey? VR glove and glasses mounted display!

I often think "damn, I only need 1/2 the features of my treo today, why can't I leave part of it behind!" It's getting there, with bluetooth headsets and car kits, (not that us Treo users can use them), but there's a long way to go.
    Maybe it's just me, but I don't really have an issue with pulling out my phone when it rings or looking at it when an alarm goes off. Also, I'm not willing to give up my watch
    The fossil watch is back...
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Now would the watch work with the BT keyboard and BT travel mouse?

Now if you really want to get the whole get up....

Have a BT VR sunglasses...with caller ID of course

Have VERY small BT ear plug with a BT lapel pin (that would be fasionable on a lapel, ski jacket collar, or maybe on the bill of a baseball cap) that is actually your microphone for a two part very small unnoticable BT headset.

You would need to make sure it supports BT GPS so you can have one like the iTrek beeper size BT gps units wth a 20 hour battery life.

Now...don't forget having a BT satellite radio that can feed music to BT headset, watch, or PDA.
    Well, my dream has been realized (by someone else). It is larger than I would expect, and therefore I won't be buying one, but it's interestesting to see it come to fruition!

http://www.engadget.com/2006/09/28/f...tooth-watches/
    That is a cool watch too bad I just got a Swatch Irony for my birthday.

Al