Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    I couldn't figure out which model they are putting this in as there is no news on the Samsung web site yet but it sure sounds interesting.

SEOUL (Reuters) - Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., the world's third-largest handset maker, said on Tuesday it was launching the first mobile phone with a stamp-sized hard disc drive this month that would expand the memory capacity by 15 times.

The phone is equipped with a one-inch diagonal 1.5 gigabyte hard disc drive that expands the memory capacity of mobile phones from the conventional 100 megabyte.

It also comes with a mega-pixel camera and boasts a high-resolution 2.2-inch liquid crystal display. The phone includes features such as MP3 player, electronic book and a dictionary.

The South Korean firm said a powerful microphone enhanced the phone's camcorder function, while dual speakers provide a three dimensional sound effect. It did not give a price for the phone, which will be available in Korea this month.
    I so with I could get a hd on my treo... fit it on an sd or something
    Here's another article that I got from phonescoops website about this phone. I didn't see it on yahoo.

http://www.idg.com.sg/idgwww.nsf/0/B...7?OpenDocument
    man thats quite cool imagine the new new treo's when they get this kind of thing
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    it'll be at least a year before we have anything similar in the states
    Yeah, you look at it and you're like that's really really cool, but then you think about getting a phone without a good os and good applications and move on.

I hope they bring it to the Treo soon
    i drop my phone to often to have one w\ a spinning disk in it. i'd rather have a 1GB flash drive over a 1.5GB hard drive anyday.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by webslappy
    i drop my phone to often to have one w\ a spinning disk in it. i'd rather have a 1GB flash drive over a 1.5GB hard drive anyday.
    I agree and it can't be to much longer before they have 2 and 3 GB capacity flash drives. Heck they may already have them.