1.    #1  
    Anyone knows about this spanish Palm based smartphone from AIRIS???

http://www.airis-computer.com/Config...MA=Telefon%EDa
    (sorry, i think there is not english page for the specs)

It's doesn't seem better than Treo but it,s a litle bit less expensive (for Europeans) and it doesn't look so bad.

What impressed me is the weight: just 105 gr (Treo is more than 150 grs I think)
    Joan López i Graupera
    Barcelon@ - Catalonia
    # Sistema Operativo Palm OS 4.1
    # CPU Dragon Ball MC68VZ328 a 33MHz

These two alone would be deal breakers for me.
    the launcher looks cool.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Looks like a rebranded Xplore G18. There's an updated model, the G88, but even that is a bit on the primitive side (OS 4, no expansion, 33 MHz processor). The G88 might be a good bet if you want a small, no frills, Palm OS smartphone.
    jlgraupera, Expansys Spain sell the G88:

http://www.expansys.es/product.asp?code=111655

€516!
  6.    #6  
    Thanks a lot for the info, I didn't know about the Xplore and all the rebrandings like the AIRIS I found.
    The request was just to fullfil my curiosity, I'm very happy with my third Treo (180g>270>600) and I expect to get the Treo ACE very soon !!!
    Joan López i Graupera
    Barcelon@ - Catalonia
    Quote Originally Posted by jlgraupera
    Thanks a lot for the info, I didn't know about the Xplore and all the rebrandings like the AIRIS I found.
    The request was just to fullfil my curiosity, I'm very happy with my third Treo (180g>270>600) and I expect to get the Treo ACE very soon !!!
    Just out of interest, when was the 600 first available in Spain?
  8.    #8  
    Treo600 is not available yet in any of the 3 mobile operators in Spain: Amena (Auna), Movistar (Telefonica) and Vodafone. You cannot even buy it in any shop.
    The only way is throught on line stores. First was at www.treostore.com (at 900 Euros initially!), then throught www.expansys.es at a better price, and recently directly from www.palmone.com/es .
    I bought it in an ebay auction at half the prize...
    Joan López i Graupera
    Barcelon@ - Catalonia
    That's some serious money. I hope you can get the 650 for a reasonable price and reasonably quickly.

PalmOne seem to be missing a trick here. No relationship with a carrier in Spain? Seems crazy.