1.    #1  
    Hey everyone,

Has anyone considered migrating to a congervged Pocket PC device like the h6315 from the T600?

I do love almost everything about my T600, since I bought it the day it came out back in Oct 2003. But, I do "hate" the screen size and resolution.

I was looking at a iPaq h6315 in CompUSA yesterday. About the same cost as a T600, it has a bigger screen at 320x240. I heard the Pocket Windows 2003 isn't too bad either, but cannot view things in "landscape" mode as it is not supported.

What does everyone think about his new HP device?

Thanks,
    Dave Lindberg
    This is truly the Treo Killer. I bought on Monday, of course I have to have it before everyone else! Questions, I have some answers...
    add the kb and you can build a sheltor.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  4.    #4  
    One Above All,

Are you a Treo 600 convert, or just a Converged Device fan? I am a Sprint PCS user currently, and would have to switch to T-Mobile for the phone unless I wait - as I hear that it may be brought out to other carriers later.

I just wondered what you think about the overall phone? Do you like the size of the screen and clarity of it? What things would you change about it, if you could? Generally your top 5 likes and dislikes of the phone.

Thanks for your help,
    Dave

---
    Felipe,

:-) Yes, it is bigger... and the detachable keyboard "may" be a comprimise, but think I can deal with the virtual keyboard on the phone itself.

Your bi-line says that you're "waiting" for your ACE. Is the ACE real or just a pipe dream until 2005? I haven't learned enough about it yet to make a decision for myself. That is why I am looking at the h6315, as it is here today and seems to be an overall good phone.

P.S. Being a fellow Treo 600 user, do you like the "small" 2"x2" screen? The ACE may fix my 320x320 WANT and NEED, but I'll have too see how it looks in person. My only concern with PalmOne is that I hope that they give existing Treo 600 users a phone upgrade structure like that days of Handspring. Where existing users could use their old Palm Serial# for an incentive-priced device - that would keep me in the PalmOne camp.
    NM,

Don't know when the ACE is coming out, but we know it exist. Hopefully we will be able to buy it in the fall.

I have an hp5555, great screen. It has bluetooth and wi-fi built in. I would wather use my 600.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I like the h6315 very much (great PPC software bundle, great screen, built-in wi-fi and bluetooth, T-M service, etc.), but the keyboard solution just doesn't convince me. I bought the micro thumboard with my 2215, but I returned the thumbboard because it was too bulky to leave on all the time and too much of a hassle to be taking it on and off. I haven't been able to hold and play with a thumbboarded 6315 yet, but there are probably too many interesting and potentially-superior keyboard solutions on the horizon to jump on this one now.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    yes ppcs are more powerfull. i have a casiopeia. I'd still choose my treo (270) any dau. I find the palm os much easier to use than that of windows mobile. full rant coming later (on my treo currentlry)
    <a href="http://www.intarweb-master.blogspot.com"target="blank">My Blog</a>
    The h6315 detail and demo are now up at http://t-mobile.com
    Tempting
    Not ideal but it is loaded it is peerless and it is here
    I wonder what the price is for non-new-contract types
    I wonder what the price is for loyal out-of-contract types
    I wonder if I can trade in my 270
    Is it time
    Does anybody know what time it is
    Does anybody really care
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Can MLB-TV or MLB-Audio be streamed through Windows Media Player while using the T-Mobile regular phone connection on this new smart phone?

H6315
    Yes. It can have multiple wireless open and the OS is multitasking.

of course listening to music while talking on the phone is not exactly the most natural thing to do. But you can for eg browse the net and streaming music etc.