1.    #1  
    Hey guys,
    I am getting rid of my TREO 600. Before you get upset, I totally love the phone, but have no use of the features and all that good stuff it contains.
    I am an attws customer and am just curious as to what "regular" phone you would choose as a subsititute for the treo?? Also, are phones marked NEW on eBay really new or refurb units?
    Well, Postman, if you don't require the advanced features of the Treo or Palm OS, then it really doesn't matter what phone you pick, does it?

Just pick one of the plain-jane Sony Ericsson, Nokia, Samsung, Motorola, NEC, LG, or Siemans phones. They're all phones and should handle basic phone tasks without issue.

Just don't expect them to compare to a Treo. In my opinion, none of those other "regular" phones could actually "substitute" for a Treo.

Can't comment on E-bay's policies concerning "refurb" vs. "new".

Good luck.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    Probably a Nokia 6340i, I dropped mine more times than I can count. Kicked across the parking lost, etc. That thing was a tank.
    If I was to get a normal phone and chuck the Treo, I'd get the Motorola V600 without hesitation.
    I'd get a T3 and a bluetooth phone.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    I had a Nokia 6340i as well and it is definitely a tank, I dropped mine a few times and just like a Timex watch it kept on ticking. One thing I liked about it was it had FANTASTIC coverage all over the US. This phone is a GAIT phone (Cingular's term), it has GSM, TDMA, and ANALOG. Since I had a nationwide plan, any place I had a signal I could talk and with 3 bands it was great coverage.

But alas, I longed for more functionality and got tired of carrying a cellphone and PDA and got a Treo 600. Great phone but only has GSM so nationwide coverage is not as comprehensive at the 6340i but has mucho more capability.
    I'd get the Treo Ace. :