Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    For people who don't want to leave the blackberry but hate the huge device and want a phone built in.

Looks kinda neat too, but I will stick with my Treo.

http://www.mobiletracker.net/archive...ns_sk65_an.php
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    This is what I hope the next generation Treo form factor becomes.
    It's a perfect blend of Phone/PDA form factors, but until it runs the PALM OS, it's only halfway there!
    keyboard looks a bit werid to me i cant see it being very easy to time fasth
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Nice try to Siemens! But, from the specs, I'll have to stick with the Treo line. The ONLY feature that the SK65 has over the rumored Treo Ace is 64M of memory, but it doesn't appear to have a slot for an SD card. That might be a camera on the back although the specs don't mention anything about a camera.
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    I could care less about the specs, check out the form factor.
    I think it's a perfect execution of a phone/pda combo.
    Easy to dial a number, without ever looking at the phone, using the front keypad, and the use of a full QWERTY keypad when you need the keyboard.

Talk about taking it to the next level, I love the idea and I hope Pa1mone takes a close look at it's potential.
    Quote Originally Posted by CAMike
    That might be a camera on the back although the specs don't mention anything about a camera.
    That looks like an external antenna connector.
    Quote Originally Posted by jberger
    I could care less about the specs, check out the form factor.
    I think it's a perfect execution of a phone/pda combo.
    Easy to dial a number, without ever looking at the phone, using the front keypad, and the use of a full QWERTY keypad when you need the keyboard.

Talk about taking it to the next level, I love the idea and I hope Pa1mone takes a close look at it's potential.
    I, personally, did not care for the form factor. Siemens' design makes it necessary to use both hands when using the keyboard. I much prefer Treo's single-handed operation.

I also have no need to dial the phone without looking at it. Call me uncoordinated, but, even when I'm dialing a regular phone I look at it!
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    for the number of times I access the keyboard each day, this design will either fail prematurely or be far to costly (you can't have both). Even a good flip / twist / whatever loosens up and eventually fails......

maybe it doesn't matter cuz I've never kept the same one for more than 12 months anyway......

I heard some stats from Hawkins at the first Palm Dev Conference on the ridiculuous number of times / day someone accesses the device, and for how long. These designs look cool but can they survive ?
    How totally goofy!
    It looks really cool. But it would be pretty hard to use when you only have one hand free for holding it and trying to do something like send an e-mail.

I've got a 6000 Series Blackberry and it's fairly easy to use when you only have one hand free, like the Treo 600 .

And I can't wait till RIM finally makes some software to use the Treo like a Blackberry. Since I prefer the Treo .