Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just to give you guys an idea of the size...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (16.7 KB, 686 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (20.5 KB, 621 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (31.7 KB, 599 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (17.7 KB, 603 views)

P800->Treo 600->P900->XDA II->P900->MPx->Treo 600->iPaq 6315->MDA III->i-Mate PDA2k->o2 XDA IIs & o2 XDA II Mini
    hmm....interesting

begs the 1st grade question though....if the treo and the mpx had a baby what would it look like?
  3. DDD
    Great pictures. Really brings it into perspective! Now if I can just stop drooooollling.....From your sig., where did you get it?
    Wow, good size comparison. Any performance report? Anyone willing to jump?
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    Wow, good size comparison. Any performance report? Anyone willing to jump?
    Absolutely. I am SO ready for a Wi-Fi/phone device with a multi-tasking OS and bundled integrated applications. The more ample keyboard with the dedicated number keys are also compelling. Any word on the carrier yet? I'll leave both Palm and T-Mobile for this. From what I've read and seen, I think only high SAR ratings, or an expensive or otherwise bad bundled plan, would discourage me. By the way, these pictures are very nice, but it's the horizontal hinge views that entice me.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    This device is certainly closer to my vision, but the thumbboard is absolutely ridiculous looking. Come on people, the original Blackberry from years ago set the standard of good design. Someone just needs to blatantly copy it instead of offering up these "innovative" designs that are horrible to use.

Also, the PPC GUI needs more revamping. Between the always-visible top bar and the always-visible bottom bar, there ain't a whole lot of space left over when using it in landscape mode.

Still, this is very, very close to what I want. Hopefully within the next 12 months someone will get it right.

Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Just looking at that makes me appreciate even more the qwerty keyboard on the Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    Hopefully within the next 12 months someone will get it right.

Scott
    Getting it "right" is a personal need and taste matter. But every 12 months -at most- for most of us, someone gets it done better. I budget to upgrade about every 24 months. The Treo has been the king of the integrated hill for about 24 months and we'll now be watching others -hopefully, eventually, along with Palm- successionally do it better.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    mpx is a great looking phone. wow. id love to play with this phone for a day or so!

still, i favor the treo 600.
    yuck - you gotta be kiddin' me. This thing looks like a pure example of design bloat and no elegance at all. Look at it all the way open, when you'd use it as a phone - it's HUGE. Reminds me of one of those over-done fiberglass car kits - what are they - Amante, or something? Just ugly, with no style or design sense at all. I gotta say the Moto looks like a bunch of stuff all cobbled together.

Use one of these and then decide. Hard to tell from pictures and specs. The in-the-hand test will tell all, I betcha.
    this is really what gets the saliva flowing...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Quote Originally Posted by robber
    this is really what gets the saliva flowing...
    You've got it Robber: dribble, dribble, dribble...
    I think an interesting aspect is the size of the thing unfolded. The Treo 180-300 were not that big when closed, but man, when you opened them up they were huge! So you looked kind of clownish talking on them. I wonder if they same will happen with this thing. Other than that, it looks great!
    with the treo 600 i dont know if i would go back to a PDAclamshell because you look such a fool
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    I think an interesting aspect is the size of the thing unfolded. The Treo 180-300 were not that big when closed, but man, when you opened them up they were huge! So you looked kind of clownish talking on them. I wonder if they same will happen with this thing. Other than that, it looks great!
    Furthermore, you probably cannot use one hand to open the lid to answer or make calls. That's what irritated me most in my old Treo 270. I'm curious how you can also make an entry on the MPX thumdboard with one hand; looks like you need to hold it with both hands to use the horizontal thumdboard.
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
    One of the really useful things about the treo is that while on a phonecall, I can look up or enter data on the pda part. Wonder how or if that's done on the mpx.
    Quote Originally Posted by PRANKSTAR
    with the treo 600 i dont know if i would go back to a PDAclamshell because you look such a fool
    Bingo! I will never buy another clamshell PDA phone after the hell the 180/270 gave me. They were a ***** to open and make me looks like i was from star Trek... not kosher.

Treo 600 is still the best of what's around
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Too many people here seem to worry too much about what they look like when talking on the phone, methinks. I've got a tiny candybar-style Sony-Ericsson T608 which I find uncomfortable to talk on because when I have the speaker near my ear, the microphone isn't anywhere near my mouth. That's one of the nice things about clamshell phones. OTOH, I do agree that having to open the clamshell to answer a call adds a step and is more difficult to do with one hand (e.g., while driving).

Scott
    Ohmygod....suddenly every treo 600 user is a PPC expert.

-you can't operate clamshell without two hands.
    -You can't input PPC without the stick
    -You gonna need crow bar to open the clamshell and talk
    -The unit is so big, it gonna devour your head.
    -MPX keyboard is useless, treo 600 keyboard is that much more usefull.
    -WiFi is useless

*.....Yawn..*
    gimme a break eh?

how about this:
    1. MPX has second screen so caller ID, ALARM, alerts, basic controls such as auido recording, auto launch are possible using external buttons and second screen.
    2. MPX can so ALL of PPC input options, touch screen, various soft inputs, plus dual oreintation keyboards.
    3. MPX is able to use multiple wireless simultaneously (wiFi, BT, GPRS) that means: you can chat using BT headset while surfing the net in tablet mode. (can you chat on your treo while your boss is making you look up spreadsheet and check corporate website? )
    4. MPX WILL have blueberry client.
    5. MPX is smaller. and you can put it in your party slack without looking like somebody having a hard on.
    6. MPX has far more advance hardware and more advance softwares. Kiddies apps such as datebk and DTG need not apply. YOUR datebook cannot interface with GPS map, and your DTG CANNOT interface with embedded multimedia file or truetype fonts.
    7. It does Java.

can treo even interface with a GPS unit yet? hmm...
    I better not tell these folks about MPX can control a web presentation using WiFi then.

have you guys figure out how to listen to .mp3 and receiving phone call without crashing yet? how about playing .wmv?

finally:
    have massive amount of pictures and benchmark.
    http://www.mobinaute.com/mobinaute/testMotorolaMPx.php
    http://www.msmobiles.com/news.php/2887.html
    Last edited by suskind; 08/01/2004 at 03:59 PM.
    The MPX is a step in the right direction, but the thumbboard is horrid looking and while the PPC GUI can finally now do landscape, there's far too much wasted screen space (both a title bar at the top and a toolbar at the bottom always visible). Then there's the issue of price. Isn't this thing rumored to go for close to $1000? Give me a break.

As I said before, in 12 months someone will get it right. What bugs me is that a great device could have been designed 12 months ago at an affordable price, so it's not like we're waiting on technology to "arrive" or anything.

BTW Ska, why do you spend so much time in places where you're in disagreement with everyone? Are there any places you frequent where you can discuss things with people who actually like the things you like, or do even they find you annoying?

Scott
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast