1.    #1  
    Check out this link: http://www.geek.com/news/geeknews/q2...0718001890.htm

It has info that was leaked about the next Palm PDA (Code named Calvin). But as the article itself says:
    At this time none of these details have been confirmed by Palm.
    Enjoy!
    -Petro

------------------
    -Petro
    Go to The Hunger Site and help eliminate hunger!
    All you have to do is click one button! No catch, no personal information requested!!
    Please go once a day! Every day!
    IMHO they should at least have 4mb of ram so that progs. like avantgo and Datebook4 are usable.
    I wonder if the digitizer is going to be more or less scratch prone than the current one... I wonder if it infringes on the warman patents?
    here's some interesting info on the new unit:
    http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/zd/2000...edesign_1.html

these lines caught my attention:

The M100 will represent a drastic design overhaul for Palm, featuring a curvy case and five removable front plates colored silver, gold, black, royal and light blue.

The model will also come with a flip cover with a small window that displays the date and time, as well as reminder notices.

The case will be a thicker plastic than previous generations and it will have dimensions similar to the Palm V, sources said.

The screen will be about 25 percent smaller, as will the overall unit, making it easier to fit in a user's hand.

And instead of a synchronization cradle, the M100 will come with a hot sync cable.

Palm is working with third-party manufacturers on MP3 players, cameras, modems and self-contained backup products for the M100.
    otherwise it's more of the same information.
    AH HA! (sorry for posting all 3 but i thought you'd like to see them all)

found it!

[This message has been edited by Hoser_in_USA (edited 07-20-2000).]
  5.    #5  
    Awesome!! Nice job with the pics!
    Is the hotsync port on the top instead of the bottom, or is in the back now? Talk about a redesign!

If you ask me though, it looks a little cheesey (but I guess when you make a cheaper unit...)

It'll be interesting to see how it sells.
    Go here to see the above images with descriptions (larger though!)
    ------------------
    -Petro
    All you have to do is click one button! No catch, no personal information requested!!

[This message has been edited by Petro (edited 07-20-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Petro (edited 07-20-2000).]
    I thought that was the IR port on the top middle?

You also have to remember that this is about the size of the Palm V .... at first i laughed alittle but after staring at it for awhile i'm curious to get a closer look (in person).

I hope the PalmVII redesign is well done. I figure by next year I may have to spring for a PalmVIIx? with the 8mb and Palm.net service and improved apps. I'm not sold on the wireless web modules for the visor just yet.
  7.    #7  
    Hoser, I was seeing the hindge of the cover behind the IR port. By the way, where's the on button and the backlight button?

------------------
    -Petro
    i'll guess and say the 'up' button must do something because it has a hole on the cover. Maybe you turn it on by pressing any button (i.e. up button sets up the screen so that the time and date with to do's shows up whereas pressing any of the other buttons sends you to that app.

As for backlight, i'm not sure!

I think you can make out the hotsync connection on the bottom (normal spot) based on the middle picture (cover closed). the case seems to have a gap or slot in the middle bottom where PDA's normally sync from today.
    Interesting, I like the curvey design, but that flip cover is kinda ulgy, IMO.

I am curious about how you would turn it on. The up key seems to make sense, but what about turning it off? Just wait for the auto-off?

What really turns me off is the 25% smaller screen.......the screen is small enough as it is now....I can't imagine smaller and how certain apps will be able to handle that.

Ryan
    but that flip cover is kinda ulgy
    Yea it is. I actually thought that was a picture of the BACK of the palm at first. I like the design, itself (a little trendy, though) but that cover is just tacky.

What really turns me off is the 25% smaller screen.......the screen is small enough as it is now....I can't imagine smaller and how certain apps will be able to handle that.
    I imagine the screen is the same pixel dimensions, just smaller...which, to be honsest, is a good idea. The current PDAs are all just a 'bit' too big.