1.    #1  
    Check it out!! The Sony PDA with a Color display (how many of you think this has been photoshopped?) Also, notice, the MS is still sticking out of the top. I guess that'll be standard. Kind of makes you glad to have a FLUSH Springboard slot, doesn't it?
    http://service.cafe.silesia.pl/user/...ny_pda_big.jpg
    [Ed: way too big to display]

------------------
    -Petro

Go to The Hunger Site and help eliminate hunger!
    All you have to do is click one button! No catch, no personal information requested!!
    Please go once a day! Every day!

[This message has been edited by JHromadka (edited 07-10-2000).]
    I think it's definitely Photoshopped. As far as the Memory Stick not being flush, it is. It sticks out in the picture for display purposes only, just like the earliest pictures of the Visor had a springboard sticking out to illustrate the concept. The sticks (at least the ones that are memory-only) go all the way into the unit.
  3.    #3  
    Thought so. It did seem a little too.. Palm IIIc looking if you asked me.
    I didn't even think they had a working model yet.

------------------
    -Petro

All you have to do is click one button! No catch, no personal information requested!!
    am i the only one who thinks these things look like they were built out of legos or connetix?

i think more than any pda out there, it looks like a toy.

i like toys, mind you, but i hate the form factor of this thing.

------------------
    matty
    beware the dryptosaur.
  5.    #5  
    I found a smaller version of the image. It really looks photoshoped in this format!

------------------
    -Petro

Originally posted by Petro:
    I found a smaller version of the image. It really looks photoshoped in this format!

Especially the screen looks photoshopped, the edge between the screen and the dataentry part is kinda unnatural..

7.    #7  
    Yes, I noticed that too.
    Is the Sony PDA even going to be color?

------------------
    -Petro

Originally posted by Petro:
    Yes, I noticed that too.
    Is the Sony PDA even going to be color?

at this site: http://www.palmlounge.com/displaynews.cfm?newsid=6862

they say this:

The unit is scheduled to ship in color and monochrome versions, both of which are promised to be competitively priced. You can expect to see three or more versions in the same form-factor, with a high end color version offering more than the 8-bit, 256 color display of the Palm IIIc. Sony will push Palm, raising the bar for features and design.
    so i imagine it will.

9.    #9  
    Yup! It's confirmed! It was a photoshop!
    Here's a real picture of the color version [and b/w version](set to release in Japan in Sept.)

------------------
    -Petro

[This message has been edited by Petro (edited 07-13-2000).]
    Nope. Don't like it.

------------------
    Hmmmmmmmm......
    Here's a news article that talks more about it's features.
    http://www.edtn.com/shared/redirect?...source_code=26

If ppl/Sony shorten the the name of Sony's Personal Entertainment Organizer to Sony's PEO, PEO in spanish means fart. Would you buy a Sony Fart?

:-)