Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1.    #1  
    I just looked at the spec of TRGpro and it looks good to me. http://www.trgpro.com/product/trgpro.html

    Features
    Palm Computing™ platform
    Palm OS 3.3
    CompactFlash Expansion Slot
    8MB RAM
    2MB Flash
    Enhanced Audio
    Built-in applications include: FlashPro, CFpro, and CFBackup
    Compatible with most Palm III series third party hardware
    Capable of operating industry standard CompactFlash cards including the 340MB IBM MicroDrive

    But it's like $80 more expensive than the $249 Visor Deluxe... : (

    [This message has been edited by usbworkshop (edited 07-04-2000).]
  2. #2  
    Also, the TRG Pro doesn't have the Springboard connector. Of course it does have compact flash and I understand that programs can now be run off the CF card, but future CF cards will need drivers and they may only exist for WinCE. (speculation, admittedly)

    The whole thing probably comes down to a CF vs Springboard, and that's up to your preferences.
  3.    #3  
    I will get the Visor Deluxe because I know you guys are going to help me if I run into any problems with my Visor.
  4. #4  
    Don't forget a TRGPro is bulkier, and the software has more bugs (they're still fixing them!)
  5. #5  
    You can "dial" a phone with the TRG Pro's better speaker.
  6. #6  
    Originally posted by Joe V:
    You can "dial" a phone with the TRG Pro's better speaker.
    That is true but once springboards with enhanced speakers start coming out (Voice Recorders, etc.) you could theoretically access the speaker on the springboard and then create DTMF tones through the springboard module.
  7. #7  
    Originally posted by CompuPika:
    That is true but once springboards with enhanced speakers start coming out (Voice Recorders, etc.) you could theoretically access the speaker on the springboard and then create DTMF tones through the springboard module.
    When are they coming out? Has any company even mentioned a springboard that will deliver DTMF tones? The TRG Pro is capable now, and there is at least one shareware program already available for download.
    http://www.mikew.org/palmsoft/

    If I needed this feature, I would go for what's available now, not what might someday be reality.

    In the meantime, I love my BVD.



    ------------------

    Joe V. - Simi Valley, CA
  8. #8  
    What I am saying is that it should be possible to somehow access the speaker in one of the upcoming voice recorder springboards and then create DTMF tones that way. Nobody has said anything a springboard that will have a built in program to create DTMF, all I am saying is that it may be possible to write a program that would "talk" to springboard to accomplish the same thing as the TRGpro.
  9. TomR's Avatar
    Posts
    2 Posts
    #10  
    Originally posted by Joe V:
    You can "dial" a phone with the TRG Pro's better speaker.
    Ummmm, so? Not sure I understand why people need to dial a phone with a Visor? My phone's keys still work just fine...
  10. #11  
    I agree with Tom, think you would prefer to lug out the TRGPro or spend some money on a sb, instead of pressing a few buttons?!
  11. #12  
    Originally posted by Zerboxx:
    I agree with Tom, think you would prefer to lug out the TRGPro or spend some money on a sb, instead of pressing a few buttons?!
    Think of it as a portable speed dialler you can use on public phones. No hitting the wrong buttons...

    I agree it's not hugely useful, but it might be a nice additional capability to, say, a voice recorder module or just a honking-big-alarm-speaker module.

  12. #13  
    Some professionals deal with dozens, if not hundreds of contacts. Thus, while their handheld is already out to get the number, they can just tap one button and dial the number. I agree, it won't save much time for each number dialed, but some people need to make endless phone calls each day, and for them it can be a real relief.



    ------------------

    Joe V. - Simi Valley, CA
  13. #14  
    I cant say that I'd particularly need it, but I've heard that some people want it to dial calling card PINs and other sensitive data over public phones so that other people couldn't look over their shoulder...

    Mike
  14. #15  
    Originally posted by Joe V:
    Some professionals deal with dozens, if not hundreds of contacts. Thus, while their handheld is already out to get the number, they can just tap one button and dial the number. I agree, it won't save much time for each number dialed, but some people need to make endless phone calls each day, and for them it can be a real relief.


    Dozens? Hundreds? One of my client's address books has nearly 4000 contacts on it... scary stuff. *imagines meeting 4000 people to the point of getting their number* that's quite a few.

Posting Permissions