Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Hallo. Still waiting patiently for my Visor in Germany. But I noticed a few threads for people who broke and bought Palm IIIx's at Buy.com at a $142 special price.

I noticed an offer from Oldsmobile through a banner at the buy.com site for a $50 gift certificate at buy.com. That brings the $207 price down a bit, plus you get 4MB with the IIIx.

No Springboard though of course.

Also, all that driving around and mailing certificates should take time...less than 4-6, 8-9 weeks? Good luck. I'll stick it out for the visor.

Conditions are as follows: (cut from http://www.intriguecar.com/default.asp?page=buycom)

BUY.COM offers the latest computer hardware and software, the newest releases of videos and DVDs, the hottest console and PC games, chart-topping music CDís from only $9.95, and the top selling books all at the lowest prices on earth.

Step 1: Complete the Entry Form on this Web site to receive your Test Drive Certificate. The entry form must be completed by end of day Wednesday January 5th, 2000. After this date, the entry form will no longer be accessible.

Step 2: Take your Test Drive Certificate to your nearest participating dealer by Wednesday January 19th, 2000. Be sure to have the dealer validate your certificate after your test drive.

Step 3: Mail or fax your validated certificate postmarked no later than Wednesday February 2nd, 2000 to:

Oldsmobile Intrigue Program Headquarters
    PO Box 1951
    Southgate, MI 48195
    or
    Fax number: (800) 998-1717

Your $50 Buy.com gift certificate will be sent to you directly via e-mail after your completed test drive certificate has been received at the above address. Please allow approximately 3 weeks for processing.

If you have any questions or comments, please e-mail us.

That's all well and good, but before my $50 gift certificate even arrived, Buy.com conveniently raised the price to $249. Quite the business they have going on over there.
  3. sih
    Go to outpost.com...
    palm 3x 199.00
    Just checked Outpost.com and the Palm IIIx is $239.95.
    I guess around the holiday season things tend to slip upward in price.

at thompson's computer warehouse I bought two 3Dfx velocity 100 video cards for 44 each plus 10 shipping between the two. Less than a week later they're now for 69 and the cheapest price on the net is about 58. If you can wait another month, do so to maybe see if they drop prices again.
  6. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    I just wanted to dig this up to refresh some of your all's memories. Enjoy.
    Hey! That link is not working any more. What gives?
    wow... ummm i got my Palm m100 for 5 bucks 2 weeks ago. that included some rechargable batteries.... lol
  9. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by takmsdsm
    wow... ummm i got my Palm m100 for 5 bucks 2 weeks ago. that included some rechargable batteries.... lol
    Wow. That is what I call depreciation.
    jesus christ... i was reading this and was like Wtf? then i saw the post date of 1999....

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about