1. Zen
    The whole Visor order has been a lesson in patience for me, but after calling Customer Service yet again and being told to give it till Nov 15, (Ordered in Sept), I have made this a personal deadline before I just order a Palm Vx.

My question is this. I currently do not have a Cellular Phone and was excited that the Visor might meet this need. Is there any possibility that there is an addon to the Vx that allows this?

Zen
    Zen,

Sorry to disappoint you, but the Palm VX doesn't have any expansion capabilities. (Other than a serial connection at the bottom of the unit.)

------------------
    -Eric
    VisorCentral Staff
    What you want to do is to take a look at what Palm Computing offers:
    http://palmorder.modusmedia.com/P5/P5-peripherals.htm

That's probably what you're looking for. Click on GSM Upgrade Kits. There you will see what you need. You will need the modem and the kit.

Hope that helped.
  4. dj
    Better yet, why not just purchase an Ericsson SH888 or Siemens S25 mobile - these guys have both a built in modem (!) and IR capability. So all you need to do is correctly set a few preferences on your Palm (III, V, Vx...) and then point it at the mobile and you're on-line.

(I guess other phones with built-in modems and IR-transceivers would also work - NB: the Nokia 6110 does *not* have a built in modem, only IR-capability).

Have a look at: http://www.sjolund.pp.se/html/sh888.html

(There is more info out there, some describing how to get it working on the Palm V... just do an Altavista search.)

[This message has been edited by dj (edited 11-13-1999).]
    Well the nokia 6190 does have a modem however no IR ....hmmmm? With the 6190 you can get a serial cable adapter the adapts the phones connector to a serial port. So with an external serial cable for the palm or Vx and a genderchanger you are all kinds of good.

[This message has been edited by Bane (edited 11-16-1999).]