1.    #1  
    Anybody got an idea of when VA is going to start carrying the Vx? If I wait much longer, my Visor might show up (after 7 weeks)

------------------
    BC

I also was interested in ordering a Palm Vx from Value America, so i called them last night and after searching everything they informed me that it HAD been on their sight a couple of weeks ago for about 3 hours, but had been taken off and they had no idea when or if they might be able to offer it.

Curses! Foiled again!
  3. dj
    Hmmm... the net certainly doesn't breed patience. I too am eagerly awaiting VA to stock the Vx - using the $100 value dollars it works out a heck of a lot less than anywhere else on the web.

Being in Australia, I have also finally worked out solutions to my shipping and power supply problems (240V vs 110V) - but can't actually buy the thing yet! - oh well...
    fwiw, VA will start carrying the Vx when 3Com allows on-line merchants to sell the Vx. But then, all of VA's on-line competitors will also have the Vx. More, fwiw, if you haven't checked VA's site in a few days, both the $20 and $100 credits are no longer available. If you haven't already signed up, you're out of luck.
    But there is a new $50 promotion...
    http://www.valueamerica.com/links/cs....1&r=0.0.0.0.0
    where do you find out about the VA promos?
  7.    #7  
    I don't know how you guys find out about the promos, but keep 'em coming. This is great!

------------------
    BC

8. dj
    That promo has already gone, gone, gone... (One wonders whether VA is watching us... not that I'm getting paranoid... ).

Quite a few on-line retailers already stock the Vx (checkout http://www.20-20consumer.com for price comparisons), so I'm sure it can't just be a restriction by 3com on on-line sales.

Oh well, back to waiting.
    I'm getting tired of waiting for VA to get them...especially when I've seen at least 10-11 other vendors claiming to have them in stock...what is the hold-up at VA???

If they don't stock them soon, I guess I'll just order a Vx from somewhere else and use my VA dollars for Christmas shopping.
  10. dj
    When we *do* finally get the Vx, here's a special offer which looks kinda good:

A free monogrammed leather cover from 3com for either a Palm V or Vx bought between Oct 29 and Jan 7. It was offered through 'Computers4sure' - so I don't know whether it is exclusive to Palms bought through them or from any retailer.

http://www.computers4sure.com/Rebate...p?RebateId=327

Enjoy.

[This message has been edited by dj (edited 11-03-1999).]
  11. dj
    Update:

When Value America's site comes back up it will also feature this monogrammed-Palm-V-case-rebate-thingy (provided by 3com to all recent Palm V/Vx purchases) - I happened to stumble across it on the weekend before the site went down for its updates (and hopefully its addition of the Palm Vx... we can only hope, eh?)
    DJ:

Thanks for the updates. It is definitely appreciated!
    Well, my will power gave out on me and I bought the last Vx they had in stock at the local Franklin Covey store over the weekend. I am one of the lucky ones who signed up for the $120 worth of Value Dollars in the hopes of applying them to a Palm Vx, but I will just use them for Christmas shopping. The $449 I paid isn't as hard to swallow when you consider that you get the Franklin PC and Franklin Palm software for free. Since I've already been to the seminars because we use the paper Franklins at work, I know I can utilize the software and I've heard that it is pretty good.

The Palm Vx is fantastic. After using it for a few days, I have no regrets whatsoever. I'm a fairly conservative spender, but it is well worth the extra $ to have such a convenient and thin PDA. This is especially true when you spread the extra cost over a couple of years, which is the minimum I expect to use it.

My only regret is that I didn't get a Palm V when it first came out last spring. I opted instead for the Palm IIIx because of the extra memory and now it's just sitting in it's case. At least I have it for back-up I guess. I was not fond of the form factor of the IIIx, even though I made do with it. Now I have the PDA form factor I wanted, with a faster processor and 8 megs...and I didn't have to void my warranty to get that memory!
  14. dj
    Lock - thanks for the info! I think I'll still hang in there, as no matter where I get it, it will still take a bit of time to get it to me here in Australia (where the Vx hasn't even been mentioned yet!).

One question I have - what is the output voltage & current of the plug-pack transformer for the Vx? In Aust. we have 240V mains so I will need to find a replacement transformer that can deliver the same current & voltage at a local Radio Shack equivalent - but I haven't yet been able to find out what that output is.

Thanks in advance - and don't forget to get the monogrammed case rebate!