1.    #1  
    interesting design.. actually, it looks awesome.

cnet displays it in one of their links, sorry I couldn't include it here.

runs windows xp or home on this handheld! looks formidable! but no other specs mentioned, but the screen looks beautiful.
  2.    #2  
    looks like the screen slides up to reveal the keyboard. quite an intriguing little device here!!
    according to cnet's email news report on the show, this thing is cool but will sell for around $2,000! seems kind of expensive to me.
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    I think you mean OQO from OQO.com.
    It's too bad they couldn't put USB 2.0 in it.
    i like the design, but no usb? so no syncing is possible?

$2000 is way too pricey, but a good start.
    It has USB 1.x

My concern would be the battery: does it have one? What's hte autonomy? With a hard drive, must be pretty shirt, right? (I used to have a IBM microdrive on my iPAQ, and it was such a drain for the battery...)
    Dominique
    Now that's a great concept. I can carry my pc everywhere! Movies, music, software, 802.11b (g would be better though) with a 1 ghz processor, and personal data. I would always worry about crashing the hard drive though.
    Originally posted by BigTreo
    I would always worry about crashing the hard drive though.
    It has a mechanism that detects freefall and is supposed to park the drive head (hopefully) before contact.

Unfortunately, it won't be released until the Fall. Otherwise, I'd buy one in a second.
    while definitely find the oqo intriguing (this is their second design), I believe it still doesn't have instant-on which, to me, eliminates it immediately. since it runs xp, it will hibernate but the wake-up is still too long to be effective. they're definitely getting close though.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    http://www.oqo.com/hardware/video/

1GHz Transmeta Crusoe™ TM5800 series processor
    20GB hard drive (shock-mounted)
    256MB DDR RAM
    800 x 480 W-VGA 5" transflective display (indoor / outdoor readable)
    Thumb keyboard with mouse buttons and TrackStik™
    802.11b wireless
    Bluetooth™
    4-pin FireWire™ (IEEE1394)
    USB 1.1
    3.5mm stereo headphone jack (supports stereo headphone or mono headset plus optional multimedia controller)
    Microphone
    Integrated pen-based digitizer with OQO digital pen
    Removable lithium polymer battery
    OQO docking cable includes
    3D accelerated 1280 x 1024 video output (VGA and LVDS)
    Serialized PCI
    Additional USB
    Additional FireWire (IEEE1394)
    Ethernet
    DC power
    Audio out

Additional features:

External antenna connector for 802.11b
    Active HDD protection instantly parks hard drive upon detecting freefall
    Thumbwheel allows for traditional scrolling as well as enhanced features for easy closed-mode navigation
    Screen slides on rack and pinion mechanism to reveal thumb-style keyboard
    Keyboard has smart-lock with LED indicators on shift, control, function and alt keys
    Ambient light sensor automatically adjusts backlight to appropriate level

Included accessories:

AC adaptor
    Docking cable
    Desktop tray
    OQO digital pen
  12.    #12  
    starting to give the treo a run for its money.

except of course, its not a phone.

but the ddram... processing multiple jobs at a time... now we are getting somewhere.

borrows the concepts from the sidekick, the pocket pc, and a sony clie in a way.

if it included a phone feature, id be in line to buy one immediatly, too
    just an observation, no intention of starting any debates by the last post....
    Originally posted by Lucky_One
    Unfortunately, it won't be released until the Fall. Otherwise, I'd buy one in a second.
    OQO hasn't even produced their PRIOR design, which was announced in April of 2002 for release later in 2002. I wouldn't put a deposit down on one of these.

See http://www.brighthand.com/article/OQ...e_Hall_of_Fame
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  15.    #15  
    makes you shake your head. oh well, maybe by 2005 they will think about launching their products..