Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Does anyone know how the Samsung SPH-i500 will work when Sprint enables true SMS on Jan. 4? Please reply with any info you have.
    Not all treasure is silver and gold.
    No, the i5 will not be compatible with Sprint's MO-SMS. Read this thread for more info. If you want sms on the i5, just get I500SMS. Also checkout the forums at PDAphone.com for more info...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    No, the i5 will not be compatible with Sprint's MO-SMS. Read this thread for more info. If you want sms on the i5, just get I500SMS. Also checkout the forums at PDAphone.com for more info...
    Ok then I guess my question is will i500SMS still function properly when Sprint releases SMS? Will users of true SMS sprint phones receive the text messages correctly that are sent from the i500 and vice versa? I didn't see anything about SMS and the i500 in that howardforums.com link you provided...
    Not all treasure is silver and gold.
    Originally posted by DSDxp

Ok then I guess my question is will i500SMS still function properly when Sprint releases SMS? Will users of true SMS sprint phones receive the text messages correctly that are sent from the i500 and vice versa? I didn't see anything about SMS and the i500 in that howardforums.com link you provided...
    It wasn't mentioned b/c it won't be capable of MO-SMS. Note the compatible phones listed on the 1st post. Non MO-SMS capable phones will still have acess to shortmail servers which is how i500SMS interfaces. However, it's running question whether PDAapps solution will still function once Sprint rolls out sms. They've said in the past it will. Checkout the threads at PDAphone.com for more discussion on this topic...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions