Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. purpleX
    MS has really mucked up the PC market by stifling competition -- the last thing we need is for them to do the same to the converged device market. Personally, I'm cheering for Linus Torvalds to clean MS's clock.

Do you think Palm can survive Linux entering handheld market? hah, I want to see that happens. Palm will go down first when Linux finally enters handheld. Palm doesn't have the desktop/server tie in to leverage position. That's the advantage of being an evil monopolist. Palm tries the same trick with that failed Xtended merger a year ago, but not enough money to pull it through.
    Originally posted by purpleX

Do you think Palm can survive Linux entering handheld market? hah, I want to see that happens. Palm will go down first when Linux finally enters handheld. Palm doesn't have the desktop/server tie in to leverage position. That's the advantage of being an evil monopolist. Palm tries the same trick with that failed Xtended merger a year ago, but not enough money to pull it through.
    You're way off topic.
  3. purpleX
    p900 is cuter than teo600. There, back on topic.
    Sorry, but the T600 gets no where near the "wow" factor that my P800 did, much less a new P900. Both kick *** though.
    It's a beautifull phone however, if it's not palm or pocketPC, it wont run the applications I need.
    Cuter? Subjective and will vary person to person. I think the Treo is the best looking smartphone on the market right. Everyone that sees my phone is almost in shock by the form factor and how nice the unit looks. Besides cute is not what I look for in a phone. Looking cool is better than cute and the Treo looks cool IMHO.

Lighter? Yes but within 10 to 20 grams depending on the model which is about 10 to 20 small paper clips difference. Probably would have a hard time holding the two side-by-side IMO.

Battery on P900 is much smaller. One review basically states that the battery will last about two days under normal use, one day if you use the BT and other features more. That sucks. I can at least get a full two days with my CDMA Treo 600 under hard usage, and 3+ and normal usage. GSM version will be even better than CDMA and since the P900 is only GSM this is a fair comparison.

The P900 has the better screen and BT. I don't know how bright the screen is but I know the Treo's is great. As for BT, I don't have it, don't need it, so it is a non issue. I would like to "play" with it sometime.

Theses are just my opinions though.
  7. purpleX
    yeah but p900 has custom made chip on everything. It's highly integrated, so it has far lower power consumption than treo600. That's why the much longer talk time/battery time listed on the spec sheet.

treo 600 battery is a crude solution to treo600 design. What other phone has 1800mAh battery and come with such small screen anyway?
    The only part of this phone that caught my attention was the tag line "COMING SOON"...ie..it's not available!!

Last I checked my T600 was sitiing next to me ready to go!

There will always be something newer and better (just check out the lifespan of a computer part...it's ugly)

Still loving my T600!
    Originally posted by tjd414
    Dude ... you really need to work on your english, especially grammar.

When will you accept the fact that different people have different needs and require different devices? It shouldn't be just PPC or just Palm or just Symbian. It's called finding a market and developing products for it.

MS has really mucked up the PC market by stifling competition -- the last thing we need is for them to do the same to the converged device market. Personally, I'm cheering for Linus Torvalds to clean MS's clock.

BTW ... what device do you use?
    Who is this directed to?
    As I've maintained all along, even when all the furor was going back and forth about the 600 and lack of hi-res, and lack of this and that - TRY the freaking thing and then make a decision. USE both the P900 and whatever else, and then report back with comparisons.
    Using spec sheets to make a decision about a device is like hiring someone based solely on a resume - you wouldn't do that. You would interview them. Same thing with a converged device - USE it and then let us know what you think.

Of course, that won't apply to PurpleEx since he/(she?) doesn't actually USE any of the myriad of devices he trots out as the uber-device of the week. TI this; WANDA that; Sendo there - whatever.

Use one. Use the other. Make your decision based on what you need from a device, and then report back in an unbiased, objective format, and then we'll listen.
  11. purpleZ
    yeah but p900 has custom made chip on everything. It's highly integrated, so it has far lower power consumption than treo600. That's why the much longer talk time/battery time listed on the spec sheet.

treo 600 battery is a crude solution to treo600 design. What other phone has 1800mAh battery and come with such small screen anyway?
    Have you actually used either phone? If you did, you would know that even with its "far lower battery consumption" the p900 gets poorer usage time than the Treo 600. Since you only seem to get your info from the Internet, I assume you don't actually have any real devices.

I understand you've upset a lot of people with your baiting posts at Palminfocenter. I'm not sure why, since most of your arguments don't hold water. ska/hoplites/purpleX: if you're going to try to cut down a device, at least have something to back it up, Little Man.
  12. purpleX
    >>> Who is this directed to?

moi.
    PurpleX,

Could you do me, and possibly countless other, a favor and stop posting here so I can avoid the wasted space to "This person is on your Ignore list"?

You have made your point that you think the 600 is a horrible device by a unfit company, move along...stop dwelling and be happy with your XDA2.

You might possibly spend a bit of the 5-10 minutes an hour you spend on this board improving the XDA world or your own, but hey...that's just a suggestion.

How much time he saves who does not look to see what his neighbor says or does or thinks. -- Marcus Aurelius
    A man is getting along on the road to wisdom when he begins to realize that his opinion is just an opinion. -- Source Unknown

-Rob
  14. purpleX
    Originally posted by purpleZ

Have you actually used either phone? If you did, you would know that even with its "far lower battery consumption" the p900 gets poorer usage time than the Treo 600. Since you only seem to get your info from the Internet, I assume you don't actually have any real devices.

I understand you've upset a lot of people with your baiting posts at Palminfocenter. I'm not sure why, since most of your arguments don't hold water. ska/hoplites/purpleX: if you're going to try to cut down a device, at least have something to back it up, Little Man.
    Let's compare battery consumption benchmark number once all devices are out.

post treo 600 battery benchmark now, so you won't whine later how your treo 600 battery isn't as new hence not holding charge as much.

get reay, it will be ugly 2-3 weeks from now.
    Originally posted by mjolnir2k
    The only part of this phone that caught my attention was the tag line "COMING SOON"...ie..it's not available!!

Last I checked my T600 was sitiing next to me ready to go!

There will always be something newer and better (just check out the lifespan of a computer part...it's ugly)

Still loving my T600!
    FYI - this phone is available in the USA..

https://www.expansys.us/product.asp?code=107853

I am interested in it, as I definately want bluetooth, and I like the phone's features. I am waiting for carrier adoption, though, so the cost is more reasonable. If BT SDIO becomes available for T600, I might consider that.
    Bob

Handspring and advance screen? has that EVER happened? Handspring always put the cheapest crappiest color screen on the market, because they don't have the connection to get the best screen in the market.
    The Visor Prism screen was seen as the best screen on the market at the time.
  17. purpleZ
    Originally posted by Rob600
    PurpleX,

Could you do me, and possibly countless other, a favor and stop posting here
    Every web community ends up eventually attracting someone that will post insults designed to aggravate the members. It's the Law of The Web. Sometimes I wonder if websites contract out to these people just to stir up a bit of controversy to keep things interesting...
  18. purpleZ

Let's compare battery consumption benchmark number once all devices are out.

post treo 600 battery benchmark now, so you won't whine later how your treo 600 battery isn't as new hence not holding charge as much.

get reay, it will be ugly 2-3 weeks from now.
    Benchmark doing what, purpleX/ska/hoplites? Playing MP3? using cellphone? In fringe reception area? Using Palm apps? Mix of the above?

The only tests that matter are real world usage and in those tests, the Treo 600 GSM version is more than comparable to the P900. But you wouldn't know that because you only have specs to go on. Have you ever used either device? It's obvious that you don't have any real world experience with the things you post about. It is impressive to see the amount of time you devote to posting negative comments about various Palm devices on the Palm forums. One would almost wonder if this is your full time job.
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
    Originally posted by tlcbob

FYI - this phone is available in the USA..

https://www.expansys.us/product.asp?code=107853

I am interested in it, as I definately want bluetooth, and I like the phone's features. I am waiting for carrier adoption, though, so the cost is more reasonable. If BT SDIO becomes available for T600, I might consider that.
    $881!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I don't see how purpleX can say that this phone will stomp on the Treo 600 since one of her major arguments against the Treo 600 was the $600 price tag preventing the average Joe from buying it therefore it would not be successful. Now for some reason a P900 that costs $300 more than Treo is sooo much better and will be sooo successful. Consistency?!?!?!

Also the actual battery life as posted in review of the P900 is pathetic and the numbers I stated were from a hands on review. My Treo does just as good, if not better than my Sanyo 5300 did using the extended battery, and I am using the Treo more.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast