Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    Samsung Shows off sgh-i505

Now I know Samsung has a long history of premature announcements but this actually begins to make sense to me.

The pulled the i500 becuase it took too long to launch and the i505 is now almost ready and is a generation beyond the i500. Check out the known specs.

Palm OS 5.2.1
    clamshell design
    D-pad
    virtual Graffiti
    If it is the same resolution as the SGH-i500, it will be a 320 by 353 pixels
    On the back of this device is a camera capable of taking 640 by 480 pixel (VGA) color images. It also has an SD slot and a swappable battery.

Samsung's latest is about 4 inches long when closed and about 2 inches wide.

The SGH-i500 runs on GSM/GPRS wireless networks and is expected to be released in Europe in the first part of 2004. It is not known if it will be available in the U.S.

I know I will be slammed by keyboard lovers and Seldom/Purple X for believing that we may actually see this product but it IS cool.

BigTex
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
    The SGH-i500 wasn't pulled b/c of the i505. On the contrary they were were both being developed simutaneously. The i500 was delayed b/c of lack of adquate high rez 320x320 supplies for that phone. And oh btw...the i505 only has a 160x160 rez screenie...No way will that replace the SGH-i500...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Are you saying its a low res screen based on the pictures of the i505? If so, what if its the same case of the i500. The first pics of the i500 also had a screen res with 160x160 because the high res screens were not ready yet. Maybe the same can be said for the i505.

But then again it would make sense. The i505 might be the cheaper phone of the two and maybe both these phones will be released at the same time and one will have a choice for which phone is more for them. The i500 with the high res screen, (better camera?) and outside 2nd color screen for caller id for a higher price-or the i505 with the low res screen, bit worse camera and no second screen for a cheaper price.

I guess all we have to do is wait and see.

Yoyo
    The Internet is a great way to get on the Net.
    --Bob Dole
    SGH-i505 is based on the MX1 chip, 160x160 LCD, no 2nd screen for caller ID, a 640x480 camera, and a rotatable display. Personally, I plan to stay with the Sprint CDMA phones, So I won't touch either SGH phones. My eyes are actually on the successor to the SPH-i500. It is called SPH-i550. It is an OS 5.2 phone with a hi-res screen (320x320), a hi-res camera (1+ meg pixel) and a SDIO. It is larger than i500 (price to be paid for features), but still a flip phone. It is scheduled for mid 2004. The downside is that it won't have an internal BT or Wi-fi.

The flip form factor is important to me. After using the i330 almost a year, I still can't get over the awkard feeling to hold it and use it a phone.