1.    #1  
    According to Brighthand, the Samsung SGH-i500 has been significantly delayed.

So much for the SGH-i500 being the first smart phone that uses OS 5
  2. purpleX
    This thing is going to be canceled.
    no keyboard, i'll pass.
    Usual Suspects Entertainment
    We make the crowd move.
    www.djnyce.com
    First of all, it won't make any sense for them to cancel a smartphone like this, especially since it has already been made and comes with more features than any smartphone that has been introduced today (some can argue it does not have a keyboard, but I could care less since Graffiti has suited me well). The same thing also happened with the Samsung SPH-i500 with it being delayed. The SGH-i500 will eventually come out albeit it might take until next year. I can wait.

Second of all, don't go blabering how it won't be the first smartphone with Palm OS 5, who really gives if the Treo 600 is the first smartphone with Palm OS 5. Being a better palm since its the first palm device with Palm OS 5 is an old thing--lets move on now and look at the more important things that a palm should have today, such as a better output to the user-----in other words, a high res screen.

The SGH-i500 is the first smartphone with plans for having a high res screen with 16 bit color. What I don't get with the Treo 600 is the fact that it is loaded with such a great amount of speed and a good OS, perfect for Kinoma movies or a good game-yet its low res screen with 4 bit colors does not allow one to do this as well if not at all.

And the camera, the SGH will have a better camera with a flash. The T600 camera takes pics that just don't work. The pics that the T600 takes reminds me of pics that the first Eyemodule springboard took. Just not good enough.

So yah, the Treo 600 was released before this SGH i500 smartphone, but that in no way makes it better than it. I think HS, in order to keep up with the rivalry of the SGH should definitly make an updated Treo 700 with more useable features before the SGH i500 comes out, whenever it does.

Yoyo
    The Internet is a great way to get on the Net.
    --Bob Dole
    Originally posted by YoYoman412
    First of all, it won't make any sense for them to cancel a smartphone like this, especially since it has already been made and comes with more features than any smartphone that has been introduced today (some can argue it does not have a keyboard, but I could care less since Graffiti has suited me well).

Yoyo
    Haven't you learn by now that PurpleX AKA Ska just bull****s? Answering him is not worth the electricity that had to power your computer for that 5 minutes of typing.