Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    The NEW T3:

Palms Phone Link wizard makes it easy to quickly setup a connection with a Bluetooth enabled mobile phone for sharing a GPRS connection, Dialing numbers from your address book or sending an SMS. With a few taps you can select the model and carrier information and PhoneLink sets up the rest. The TT3 makes a excellent companion to a Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. I routinely compose my SMS messages on the T3 and send them to the phone over Bluetooth all without ever touching the phone in my pocket.

Documents to Go
    Palm bundles the latest version of Documents to Go (v6.03). Docs to Go 6 supports native Microsoft Word and Excel files, no conversion is necessary. You can use files recieved from Email, Bluetooth or and SD card. The application is built into the device ROM and supports the large screen area. Being able to view and edit documents and spreadsheets with the widescreen is a much better experience. The new version also includes new spell check and word count features.

Screen
    The crown jewel of the Tungsten T3 is no doubt its large screen. It is a 320x480 pixel transflective TFT display that supports over 65,000 colors. The full extended display area measures 3.25" x 2.2" inches (82.5 x 61mm). The extra screen space provides 50% more viewing area over than the standard 320x320 square screens. It can easily be rotated either portrait (320x480) or landscape mode (480x320) with the touch of an icon. Applications will automatically expand and contract when you open and close the slider. The screen is double the resolution found on any Pocket PC handheld, and Pocket PC devices require a third party app and a manual reboot in order to switch screen orientations.

Oh yeah baby this is it! Now get me a cute small BT phone! Any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    Key Features

320x480 Stretch Display rotates from portrait to landscape
    400MHz Intel® Xscale™ processor
    64MB1 memory
    MP32 and video3 playback, photo software
    Create and edit Word, Excel, PowerPoint4 compatible files
    New, improved organization features
    Built-in Bluetooth
    Built-in voice recorder
    Palm™ Universal Connector
    5-Way Navigator
    Slider Design
    Palm™ Expansion Slot
    Headphone Jack
    Voice Memo Button
    Graffiti® 2 Writing Area
    Rechargeable Battery
    Infrared Port
    Speaker
    Note Pad
    Date Book
    Address Book
    1 52MB actual storage capacity
    2 Requires expansion card, sold separately
    3 Quicktime required. Free Internet download available
    4 PowerPoint compatibility Windows only

High visibility.
    Slide open the T3™ handheld to reveal a 320x480 display. Instantly rotate the display from portrait to landscape for optimum viewing of spreadsheets, web pages and more. A new status bar provides one-tap access to battery and memory levels, volume and brightness controls, Bluetooth status and more from a single location.

Packed with power.
    Handle spreadsheets, wireless applications and multimedia tasks with blazing speed and boundless performance with the Tungsten™ T3 handheld's ultra-fast 400MHz Intel® XScale processor, Palm OS® 5.2.1 and 64MB1 of memory.

Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook compatible.
    Create and edit Word, Excel and PowerPoint* compatible files using built-in software for better support and performance than you get on a Pocket PC. Open Word and Excel email** attachments on the go with improved file support. Synchronize with Outlook's* calendar, contacts, tasks, notes and email right out of the box.
    *PowerPoint and Outlook compatibility Windows only.
    ** Requires an ISP and compatible mobile phone, both sold separately.

Built-in Bluetooth.
    Share files, photos and more with other compatible Bluetooth devices. Wirelessly access email, dial phone numbers, send text messages and connect to the Internet with Palm's enhanced web browser using a compatible mobile phone*.
    *Requires an ISP and compatible mobile phone, both sold separately.

New and improved organization.
    Use the new Agenda view and color-coded calendar to organize and customize your day, week, and month schedules. Set reminders for birthdays, plus add multiple mailing addresses, phone numbers and e-mail addresses. Improved synchronization with Outlook.

Tunes to go, and videos too.
    Take your favorite MP3s*, video clips** and photos wherever you go and experience the Tungsten™ T3 handheld's high-quality sound and outstanding video clarity.
    *Requires expansion card, sold separately.
    **QuickTime required. Free Internet download available.

Record thoughts on the go.
    Capture and organize your thoughts, ideas and reminders quickly using the Tungsten T3 handheld's built-in voice recorder.

Dual expansion
    With built-in dual expansion, use stamp-sized expansion cards to add memory and applications; slightly larger expansion cards to add peripherals such as a digital camera; and use the Universal Connector to add other peripherals like the Palm™ Ultra-Thin Keyboard for easy data entry (all sold separately).

5-Way Navigator
    Get faster access to applications and easy, one-handed access to the web and important information with the improved 5-way navigator design and software support.

Key Specs:• Model: Tungsten™ T3 - 1387781
    • Depth: 0.66 in
    • Height: 4.8 in
    • Width: 3 in
    • Weight: 5.5 oz. (Handheld + Stylus)
    • Memory: 64MB (52MB actual storage capacity)
    • Screen Display: 320 x 480 Transflective TFT color display supports more than 65,000 colors, can be rotated in either portrait or landscape mode
    • Internet Access: Built-in Bluetooth technology
    • Cradle: USB Cradle and Battery Charger Included
    • E-mail: Internet Service Provider Account and Data-Enabled Phone or Modem Required (not included)
    • Battery Support: Rechargeable Lithium Polymer
    • Included with Purchase: Stylus, Flip Cover, USB HotSync® Cradle, Power Supply (120 VAC), Desktop Installation and Software Essentials CD w/PDF file users manual, Multimedia Getting Started Guide, Graffiti® 2 sticker w/tips&tricks sheet
    • Bonus Software: Adobe® Reader®, Palm Reader, powerOne™ Calculator, BlueBoard, BlueChat, Java, Palm Web Pro, RealOne Desktop, Kinoma™ Producer desktop components, Solitaire
    • Expansion Capabilities: MultiMediaCard Expansion Slot and Universal Connector
    • Operating System: Palm OS® Version 5.2.1
    • Sync to Desktop E-mail: Yes
    • Wireless Features: Yes
    • Web Browsing and Clipping: Yes
    • Alarms: Yes
    • MP3 Playback Software: Yes
    • Video Playback Software: Yes
    If the SE T608 is ever released, I might consider this...anyway, I think the Zodiac II from Tapwave is a more apealing device for $399 USD. It has dual SD slots, BT, 128 MB Ram, yamaha audio, 320x480 rez, graphics accel, and rumble control! Yeah, its a gaming device, but the specs are just soo much more appealing. The only thing the T3 has over it is the faster proc and smaller size...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    The Zodiac II did not have the business look I wanted. I want to live in the T3. And it looks just beautiful.

I do not play games. I wanted to see my lists of To DOs, pictures, and some web browsing and email with the real estate to make sense of things.

The minute I saw the T3 I bought it. It reminds me of the Palm Vx when I got it.

Never looked back.
    no keyboard,no killer!
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    I never found myself really typing in my treo. The only thing I am concerned about is dialing in the car...should be interesting if the BT phone does it or the Palm T3
    This is why I think the next Treo after the T600 will be have all the best features of the Treo 600 and the Tungsten T3 and more. After all, they are both the flagship products of the new Palm organization.

Having said that, yes, after a lot of thought, I am gonna pass on the Treo600 for now. I decided to keep my T270 (for a PDA) and bought me a Sony T610 phone while I wait for the next generation smartphones. After I bought me a laptop, my Treo was more used for a phone than a PDA and as you know, the T270 is definitely not a good phone for heavy phone-users like me (a Realtor). Already, I only use the PDA part of it on weekends, when I am not carrying my laptop. I also think that Sony will soon come out with a killer smartphone device maybe year that would combine the best features of their Clie PDA line and their new flagship BT phone, the T610!!! For me its Bluetooth feature is a perfect match for my new Apple 17" Powerbook. If there are no WiFi hot spots around, I simply "pair" (and no wires or cables) my Powerbook to my GPRS equipped T610 to connect to the net!!!! Their new and tiny BT Headset also blew me away. If you use the phone a lot, a Bluetooth phone and wireless featherlight headset are incredibly and perfectly convenient. That was my biggest disappointment with the Treo600.

I will be lurking on the sides for now (maybe for less than a year?). No flames please, I am still a loyal Treo guy!
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
    Originally posted by Treo Rat
    I also think that Sony will soon come out with a killer smartphone device maybe year that would combine the best features of their Clie PDA line and their new flagship BT phone, the T610!!!
    Nope, I don't think so unless you think the new SE P810/P900 are killer devices...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Though much ado is made of the QWERTY keyboard, the fact is that there is evidence a LOT of potential customers look at it and say "Ewwww".

Even Mossberg said a woman who tried out the TREO 600 said it couldn't be used with long fingernails.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the keyboard disappear in the next TREO - either hidden somewhere (ala Nokia or Zaurus) or simply gone.

Milllions and millions of cellphones are sold for text messaging, email, and surfing that do NOT have QWERTY keyboards - there's a market for them, to say the least.
  10. purpleX
    T3 battery is pretty dysmal.

It's funny how Palm devices are getting chunkier with less battery as it tries to cramm all the PPC fetures. I'll be the first one to laugh if Toshiba e800 has better battery performance than T3.
    Originally posted by SeldomVisitor
    Though much ado is made of the QWERTY keyboard, the fact is that there is evidence a LOT of potential customers look at it and say "Ewwww".
    Where is that evidence?
    Even Mossberg said a woman who tried out the TREO 600 said it couldn't be used with long fingernails.
    That's right, ONE woman. Are we using that as evidence?
    I wouldn't be surprised to see the keyboard disappear in the next TREO - either hidden somewhere (ala Nokia or Zaurus) or simply gone.
    I disagree, I would be very suprised if it disappeared. Being hiddden from view is totally different and would be interesting.
    Milllions and millions of cellphones are sold for text messaging, email, and surfing that do NOT have QWERTY keyboards - there's a market for them, to say the least.
    That's correct. However, Treo is not trying to replace all those millions of normal phones. It's one of the new breed of converged phones. One of its appeals is to people who want to enter more data than the average texter. I think it is safe to say that most people who like the existing Treo's cite the keyboard one of the major reasons. The new Treo improves on many of the shortcomings of the old ones, including (it seems) the lack of marketing and carrier penetration. I predict that as the keyboard gets to more people, it will find many more of them that start to prefer to have one.
    [/QUOTE]
    Last edited by silverado; 10/01/2003 at 07:28 AM.
    Looking at the lineup of products at palm.com, I don't see any Treo "killers". The fact that it's the same company bodes very well for future Treo's. For example, the Treo will be the only color screen the new company offers that has 160x160 resolution. This is sure to change in the next iteration. I think that with the synergies and combined expertise of the new company, we have very exciting products to look forward to.
  13. purpleX
    Relax people, no need to fight,
    there will be plenty of treo600 killer to share in Q1.

p810
    WANDA (no show in computex, so it's Q1)
    h6000 (run for the hill, HP is going in, GSM/GPRS/WiFi)
    motorola V720

Treo will be plenty dead by March/April next year. This time around treo won't have the entire playing field to itself for the entire 10-12 months. The big boys start to play convergence too.
    wo,it's funny,where is purplex,where is fight!
    Originally posted by purpleX
    Treo will be plenty dead by March/April next year.
    Strong, clear prediction. I like that. Mark your calendar and meet us here on 4/30/04. We'll allow you to gloat if you are right and it's "plenty dead". However, you should also be prepared to admit you were wrong if it isn't.
    Last edited by silverado; 10/01/2003 at 07:29 AM.
  16. purpleX
    sure, by march/april, it will be severely under feature, and it better be priced under $300. It's dead, it can't compete spec wise.

By early summer sale will dwindle to a third the peak rate, and pretty much forgotten device by early fall. Pa1mieone won't be able to give them away.
    sure, by march/april, it will be severely under feature, and it better be priced under $300. It's dead, it can't compete spec wise.

By early summer sale will dwindle to a third the peak rate, and pretty much forgotten device by early fall. Pa1mieone won't be able to give them away.
    So is that a yes or a no to the meeting at the end of April? Are you trying to push it to early fall?!

By early fall next year we would be talking about buying the next Treo anyway. So your whole premis falls apart.
  18. purpleX
    Sure. If treo is still being sold at peak rate and full introductory price by March/April. (ie. it still can compete and has pricing power) You win, I lose.

If treo 600 still around in the market by late fall, and I don't mean on Palmone web page only. I'll be plenty impressed.
    Sure. If treo is still being sold at peak rate and full introductory price by March/April. (ie. it still can compete and has pricing power) You win, I lose.

If treo 600 still around in the market by late fall, and I don't mean on Palmone web page only. I'll be plenty impressed.
    Full introductory price?! That's a strange definition for not being dead!! Are you back peddling?

Who can sell products at introductory price for 6 months in this business?
  20. purpleX
    okay anything above ~$350. I think current introductory price is ~$500 right? at $500 it will fissle out pretty fast.
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast