Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 128
  1. #61  
    Originally posted by SeldomVisitor
    Well, now here on treocentral we have, I believe, at least three fans saying Ewwww w.r.t. the keyboard, we have Mossberg's "woman" saying it is unusable with fingernails (geeks have nubs, right? Lol!). I think pint has been made.

    Ewww...

    =====

    Your links went to soe sort of PALM device pages like for Zire and something else - not really TREO relevant.
    Good thing we now know what your standards of evidence are.

    I see. So you'r claiming that PDA's are not relevant to the Treo, which is a PDA. Is that your way of avoiding facing your weak argument? Or does it reflect your total lack of knowledge of what the Treo is?

    I pointed you to two devices that cost subtantial amounts of money which have a feature list very similar to the Treo part that's not a phone. Are you done counting their features yet? You can go ahead and add a cost in that ballpark to a phone's price. That was your argument, wasn't it?
  2. #62  
    > ...That was your argument, wasn't it?

    Uh, no, I don't think that was as a matter of fact!

    Perhaps you should stop reading MY posts and instead simply read posts.

    SOMETHING is clouding your reading comprehension lately w.r.t. my posts and I don't think it's the content of my posts.

    I'll let them stand on their own merit.

    They will be proven absolutely unambiguously correct in a few months as were my posts (elsewhere) about the entire prior TREO line over the last year or two.

    Nuff said.
  3. purpleX
    purpleX's Avatar
    #63  
    Originally posted by lnichols
    What kills me is how it was commented recently by individuals that HS was stupid for hyping this thing since the summer and here is an article hyping a phone that won't be available for over a year. Am I missing the even-handedness being applied by certain individuals in their assessments of the Treo/Palm platforms and the MS platforms? [/B]
    treo was officially leaked to public during merger announcement, this is an actual leak picture. What's more neither motorola nor microsoft will osborned themselves to death. HS on the otherhand, still have treo 300 to sell.
  4. #64  
    Originally posted by SeldomVisitor
    > ...That was your argument, wasn't it?

    Uh, no, I don't think that was as a matter of fact!

    Perhaps you should stop reading MY posts and instead simply read posts.

    SOMETHING is clouding your reading comprehension lately w.r.t. my posts and I don't think it's the content of my posts.

    I'll let them stand on their own merit.

    They will be proven absolutely unambiguously correct in a few months as were my posts (elsewhere) about the entire prior TREO line over the last year or two.

    Nuff said.
    You two (SeldomVisitor and silverado) are going on about the same thing over and over and over and over, ad nauseum. While I enjoy reading them I have one request to make.

    This thread has good posts on it and I really don't want to see that little padlock icon on it with KRamsauer as the last poster. He is ruthless about this kind of thing ... please start a new thread and argue your points over there. I promise I will visit and read them all!
  5. #65  
    Originally posted by purpleX


    treo was officially leaked to public during merger announcement, this is an actual leak picture. What's more neither motorola nor microsoft will osborned themselves to death. HS on the otherhand, still have treo 300 to sell.
    Still Vaporware, still may never happen, still over a year off. Handspring was really stupid to build up this much hype for a product so that it would sell well. I am sure that the marketing people are banging their head on the desks trying to figure out how to stop all of the free, great publicity.
  6. #66  
    Originally posted by SeldomVisitor
    > ...That was your argument, wasn't it?

    Uh, no, I don't think that was as a matter of fact!

    Perhaps you should stop reading MY posts and instead simply read posts.

    SOMETHING is clouding your reading comprehension lately w.r.t. my posts and I don't think it's the content of my posts.

    I'll let them stand on their own merit.

    They will be proven absolutely unambiguously correct in a few months as were my posts (elsewhere) about the entire prior TREO line over the last year or two.

    Nuff said.
    Nice try! If anyone has the stamina to follow this discussion, they will see the big dodge that you are attempting.

    It's good to know that that's what one finds out when he or she takes you up on your claims and follows through. I think I laid my questions out there for you in response to your claims and they're clearly waiting for your response. I'll take you dodge as recognition that you can't. I hope the result of this will be that you be more careful in the statements you make (e.g., that the Treo 600 is a cell phone with a few added features).
  7. #67  
    Originally posted by purpleX


    treo was officially leaked to public during merger announcement, this is an actual leak picture. What's more neither motorola nor microsoft will osborned themselves to death. HS on the otherhand, still have treo 300 to sell.
    I may have to make tomorrow's oxymoron "officially leaked ... during merger announcement." Sorry, gotta keep it to two words.

    Uhhhh ... what picture?

    What is "osborned themselves to death?"

    Thanks ... inquiring minds want to know.
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

    Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
  8. #68  
    Originally posted by tjd414


    You two (SeldomVisitor and silverado) are going on about the same thing over and over and over and over, ad nauseum. While I enjoy reading them I have one request to make.

    This thread has good posts on it and I really don't want to see that little padlock icon on it with KRamsauer as the last poster. He is ruthless about this kind of thing ... please start a new thread and argue your points over there. I promise I will visit and read them all!
    tjd414:

    Sorry, I know this is so boring (it's boring me more than anyone since I have to write the damn stuff). But I thought I'd pursue some of these preposterous claims till the end and see if they have merits. Apparently they don't.
  9. #69  
    Originally posted by silverado

    tjd414:

    Sorry, I know this is so boring (it's boring me more than anyone since I have to write the damn stuff). But I thought I'd pursue some of these preposterous claims till the end and see if they have merits. Apparently they don't.
    Actually, I find it interesting and I really would go read a new thread. You both make some good points.

    My concern is that you-know-who hates when things get off topic and he closes the thread. I don't want to see this happen.

    BTW, what the heck does w.r.t. mean? I can usually figure these things out, but this one has me stumped.
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

    Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
  10. #70  
    Originally posted by tomhank
    no keyboard,no killer!
    TOTALLY AGREE!

    And if you do NOT type in your treo then buy something cheaper because that is the whole dealio.
  11. #71  
    Originally posted by tjd414
    BTW, what the heck does w.r.t. mean? I can usually figure these things out, but this one has me stumped.
    with respect to
  12. #72  
    Originally posted by dspires


    with respect to
    Thanks!!!!
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

    Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
  13. #73  
    > ...BTW, what the heck does w.r.t. mean? I can usually figure
    > these things out, but this one has me stumped.

    Never be stumped again!

    -- http://www.acronymfinder.com/af-quer...ct&Acronym=wrt
  14. #74  
    Originally posted by SeldomVisitor
    > ...BTW, what the heck does w.r.t. mean? I can usually figure
    > these things out, but this one has me stumped.

    Never be stumped again!

    -- http://www.acronymfinder.com/af-quer...ct&Acronym=wrt
    So I won't be stumped again ...

    And for my 100th post!
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

    Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
  15. #75  
    Originally posted by SeldomVisitor
    -- http://www.acronymfinder.com/af-quer...ct&Acronym=wrt
    Thanks! I'll have to bookmark that one.

    Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
  16. #76  
    Alright...Back to the original topic: What would I consider a "Treo- killer?" First of all I have to agree with Scott that the thummboard is what makes the treo unique. Its the main feature that distinguishes it. However, I also want a large rectangular-aspect screen found on many camera phones like the NTT Docomo 505i series. Thus IMO, a treo killer would somehow incorporate BOTH a thumbboard and 320x480 rez screen. I discussed some design possibilites in this previous thread and I also wouldn't mind the specs I mentioned here. Unfortunately nothing like this exists (for now) and so the Treo600 it will be...
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  17. #77  
    i've been a very happy sony ericsson p800 owner for about 6-8 months now (im an extremely early adopter) and i would consider that or its successor a treo 600 killer.

    symbian UIQ pim functionality is great, plenty of apps, and most of all bluetooth, 320 res screen, and a vastly superior web browsing experience with Opera 6.1, which the treo browser aspires to be, but falls a little short.

    however, despite all of that, i do want a thumboard, having owned the hiptop and the rim 7230, which is why i'll get one.

    having played with the treo 600 at mission sf today, the screen really is just ridiculous low res, and that combined with the lack of bluetooth (with great headsets falling below the 100 dollar mark) is really inexcusable.

    let me tell you, if you've used a good third gen bluetooth headset, like the hbh-35, with voice dialing, it's so convienient its ridiculous, just press a button on your ear, say the name, and dial from 10 feet away, with a nice clear connection...its gonna pain me to give that up, especially with no voice dialing on the damn 600!

    i mean logitech just announced their bt headset the other day, and when logitech and others start jumping on, its time to get on the bandwagon. bluetooth works, and headset battery life is something around 5 hours these days, meaning you're phone will usually give out before your bt headset...i believe the new logitech headset claims 8 hours...

    not too mention apple users love bt, with ical synch and what not...

    anyways, they provided some pretty lame excuses for the screen and lack of bt, when we all know the real reason is just cutting cost, but hey, they'll just release the 700 and we'll be buying that in 6 months time...or not, if they cant speed up their product cycles.

    one last point- the new samsung sgh-500, thats a killer too for sure, and rumour has it that sucker will be out in a few weeks...i've looked at the sprint version, and man, if you think the treo has good build quality, that sucker is nice, built like a tank, and brushed metal exterior, and i'm sure the sgh gsm version will be even nicer, i believe it has an OLED external display...
    Last edited by theevaluator; 10/02/2003 at 01:59 AM.
  18. #78  
    From what insider's rumors about the SGH-i500 its likely not going to be out before spring of 2004. It's gone through a fairly thorough redesign.

    I'm not sure what I consider a Treo killer but it would have to have a removable battery, a thumb board-T9 is not a text input method but a toy, a higher resolution screen, bluetooth, and wi fi. All in something about the same size as the treo or slightly larger when open clamshell.

    I was going to pick up an SGH-i500 if it came out prior to the Treo but it looks like most of Samsung's other products-perpetually late.
  19. purpleX
    purpleX's Avatar
    #79  
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    Alright...Back to the original topic: What would I consider a "Treo- killer?" First of all I have to agree with Scott that the thummboard is what makes the treo unique. Its the main feature that distinguishes it. However, I also want a large rectangular-aspect screen found on many camera phones like the NTT Docomo 505i series. Thus IMO, a treo killer would somehow incorporate BOTH a thumbboard and 320x480 rez screen. I discussed some design possibilites in this previous thread and I also wouldn't mind the specs I mentioned here. Unfortunately nothing like this exists (for now) and so the Treo600 it will be...

    Sharp GX 20, first phone with QVGA screen outside japan. This is almost a smartphone, but the hardware spec is incredible.
    http://www.mobileburn.com/review.jsp?Id=464

    SPV2 is also a good candidate. It's market tested.
    RIMM is a strong dedicated device. It actually sells.

    The usual suspect PDA/Phone: P810 (brand name), XDAII (full service PDA)
  20. #80  
    I will predict that HP and others will produce a nearly identical (to Treo 600) form factor device with a full qwerty thumb board by spring of next year. It will be an attractive and competitive MS device alternative to the Palm OS Treo for those who must use Windows on their handheld. If Treo sales take off, just sit back and watch all of the copy-cats come out of the woodwork. It is just a matter of time, similiar to what occurs in the automotive world.

    -THP
    Think First, ask questions later!
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions