1.    #1  
    Hey,

Just wanted to know if the zire is upgradable. Maybe this question has been answered already but I don't know. I want to be able to update the system software.
    Cheers
    I want to say no.. sadly I own one (Zire 71) and I don't really know the answer.. But it never really was a concern when I owned a Prism so I am not all that worried about it.. Palm OS isn't like Windows where its critical you update frequently to patch all the bugs.. Based on my years of previous experience with Handspring products upgradablity wasn't very high on my "must have" list when I was looking to replace the Prism..
    "One of the most important things you learn from the internet is that there is no ‘them’ out there. It’s just an awful lot of ‘us’." -- Douglas Adams
    Which Zire? If you mean the original "zire", then the answer is no. In fact if you meant either Zire (Zire or Z71), the answer would still be no! Neither has FLASH which is OS upgradeable...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions