Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Oh god.
    Just spotted this newest Microsoft release. It's out now and it could spell the end for the Treo 600.....

How could they ?
    Just look at the graphics and the window shading. Must have some processing power!

Ravi
    Attached Images Attached Images
    *yawn*

Bring on the Treo 600 already!

Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    i don't think so! anyone that is looking to buy a new Treo, is not looking for one of these phones. They are two very different machines. Who wants a phone that they are having to constantly download updates for so they don't get viruses. If you think about it, the Palm OS based phone is more like the Mac in the computer world. There are way fewer people using them, but those that use them do so for particular reasons. So it's like you're saying that there's a new WinPC on the market that's going to put Apple out of business. i just don't think this new phone is going to hurt Treo at all.
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
    Hey now, comparing us Treo owners to those loser Mac people is an insult.
    Let's not start a Holy war, Chewie. *winks*
    You people do realise that the pic is a fake, right?
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    come on now, it's on the internet, they don't put fake pics on the internet do they?

actually, i hadn't even noticed the attached pic and thought they were talking about the phone that was introduced today by Motorolla.

silly me, i'll go back to sleep now.
    If you think about it, the Palm OS based phone is more like the Mac in the computer world.
    I can not leave this alone! Sorry...
    The Palm OS is NOTHING like the Mac... The MS smartphone is way more of a nitch, just like the Mac. Overpriced, and not anywhere near as useful as they would have you believe.
    Lets also not forget that the Palm OS software outnumbers the smartphone software 10 to 1 or more.

Back to the topic at hand!
    You people need to stop posting jokes as real information. Yes it was funny, but just as annoying because we were lead to believe the pose had some information of value!
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    sounds like somebody needs a reality break!

First off, those of us with Palm OS based phones are in the minority, thus my comparison to the Mac. Both of which are superior operating systems for what they do!

Second, if you'll read the front page of the site, you'll see there was indeed an announcement today!

"Microsoft and Motorola announced today the new MPx200 smartphone, running Windows Mobile software."

It seems the majority of us here on these boards don't mind the humor while we wait for the 600.
    Originally posted by randyg
    sounds like somebody needs a reality break!

First off, those of us with Palm OS based phones are in the minority, thus my comparison to the Mac. Both of which are superior operating systems for what they do!

Second, if you'll read the front page of the site, you'll see there was indeed an announcement today!

"Microsoft and Motorola announced today the new MPx200 smartphone, running Windows Mobile software."

It seems the majority of us here on these boards don't mind the humor while we wait for the 600.
    No, someone's had a bad day. Don't mean to take it out on anyone. The pic was very funny!

I do disagree with the Palm OS. Unless you are talking about Palm phones compared to every other phone out there, but that's not a fair comparison. That's like saying cars are more popular than 18wheelers. They are used for different purposes. Apples and oranges. I'm comparing microsofts smart phone to PALM OS phones. No, there are not more MS Smart phones out than Palm phones, and no there is not more software out for MS smart phones and yes, MS smart phones are more expensive. All the qualities of a Mac.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Wow!
    Lighten up guys. The pic was only a joke. Did it between jobs in 5 mins.

Cant we just be friends..
    la la la, la lala la, la la la, lalala la

(theme from banana splits show)

-----------------------------------------------------
    Ravi
    Mac G4 DP OS/X Cinema 22" and proud of it
    oh yeah, and soon to be father of baby Treo 600.
    All together now .... Aaaaah!
    -----------------------------------------------------