1. cml
    Mmmm hmmm. I've been keeping an eye on this because, supposedly, they're offering the base model at $200 with these specs:

* High-resolution 480 x 320 pixel screen, with portrait or landscape-mode display
    * It will be called the Zodiac, not the Helix
    * i.MX1™ Motorola® ARM9 Processor running at 200 mhz
    * Dual SD I/O slots
    * Analog controller, integrated triggers and a full complement of action buttons
    * Will use a virtual Graffiti area for input
    * Unique ergo-centric design, weighing less than 6 ounces
    * All-inclusive gaming environment with the Fathammer X-Forge™ 3D Game Engine
    * ATI® Imageon™ graphics accelerator
    * Yamaha audio component, stereo speakers and earbud-style headphones
    * Dual lithium batteries (1540mAh)
    * Rumble effects
    * Full-featured digital music player
    * Built-in Bluetooth™ networking for multiplayer wireless gaming and wireless network creation
    * High-score conduit for community competition
    * A metalic stylus held on the top by two clasps (a la Visor Edge)
    * About .6 inches thick

Darn good for a $200 PalmOS device! Just hoping I can pass it as a PDA in school, or else I'm getting a Tungsten E.

Tapwave info from pocketloft.com
  2.    #3  
    If I remember correctly, the base version (with 32 megs of ram) is $300.
  3. cml
    oh? Whoops... I thought it was $200 - and was a little surprised that it was, for its full feature set.
    The lower model was originally rumored to be $200, but that belief changed as more info came out in late August. It's a great gaming PDA running POS, but not the smallest PDA in the world.
    Hey,

Tapwave has no mac support. I'm not getting it without mac support.
    Cheers
    If anyone wants to see a preview of what the next few months are going to be like for Zodiac buyers, take a look at the news and board archives here (VisorCentral) from the beginning. The similarities between the Tapwave launch and the original Visor launch are creeping me out.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    I was just thinking the same thing -
    Handspring was formed by ex-Pilot founders, Tapwave was formed by ex-Palm execs
    Handspring was bringing to the market something unique - so is Tapwave
    Both products are/were initially only available through web purchase

Let's hope that there are no hidden agendas in this one (*cough* cellphone pda and the heck with all that take me there *cough*)