Like Tree13Likes
  • 2 Post By Grabber5.0
  • 7 Post By HelloNNNewman
  • 4 Post By HogansHero
  1.    #1  
    HP is making some interesting announcements at MWC, including a new (windows) phone and a laptop that only works when connected with the phone.

You have to hold out a little hope for them, but all things considered, devices that require a phone connection don't have a great track record (here's looking at you Foleo, Playbook, and Lapdock).

Here's the source: HP's Elite x3 is designed to be your Windows phone, laptop, and desktop | The Verge
    IIIxe | z22 | Pre 3 | Bold 9900 | Q10 | Nexus 4
    Boo, hiss! No more phones from HP!
    Shuswap and xandros9 like this.
    I read the announcement that HP decided to go "all-in" with a Windows Phone and accessories even though no other manufacturers were building them and my first thought was..."welp, HP just killed another OS".
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Boo, hiss! No more phones from HP!
    lol ... I might have expected that response. But c'mon... let it go... even Derek Kessler's got an HP laptop these days AC on the Road: What's in Derek's gear bag in 2016? | Android Central

Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I read the announcement that HP decided to go "all-in" with a Windows Phone and accessories even though no other manufacturers were building them and my first thought was..."welp, HP just killed another OS".
    They clone a Windows mobile phone or two every time they run out of ideas, and then go back to selling ink cartridges. Remember the iPAQ messengers and the iPAQ Glisten?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuswap View Post
    lol ... I might have expected that response. But c'mon... let it go... even Derek Kessler's got an HP laptop these days AC on the Road: What's in Derek's gear bag in 2016? | Android Central
    It's mostly tongue in cheek. I think. My only PC I ever bought complete rather than building was an HP. I own another I got from a friend after they replaced it (Athlon XP anyone?). My last two laptops have both been HPs, and I bought the cheap HP Stream 7 to see what it was like, and because it had a full desktop mode. But I will try REALLY hard to never buy another HP phone. They betrayed webOS fans after buying Palm, and I will not forget it.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 02/22/2016 at 02:41 PM.
    To be honest, workstation class (business) from hp ( but also lenovo, fujitsu, etc ) tend to be well made.
    Laptops... until the series 430/530 ... thinkpads, after maybe hp (business series)... and if not caring about the price... panasonic.

Personal opinion anyway :P
    Lets see how fast someone tries to slap Lune on it once it comes out.
    LOL like I'm ready to buy another HP phone....NOT!
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    To be honest, workstation class (business) from hp ( but also lenovo, fujitsu, etc ) tend to be well made.
    Laptops... until the series 430/530 ... thinkpads, after maybe hp (business series)... and if not caring about the price... panasonic.

Personal opinion anyway :P
    <offtopic>I never buy anything but Thinkpads, but you're right that the more recent models sure do leave a lot to be desired. I have a T430 for work. It's bearable (still has touchpad buttons), and I can live with the chiclet keyboard, but I really don't like the keyboard layout changes, or the low quality screens that Lenovo seems to insist on using.</offtopic>
    I'll wait for the firesale
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    It's mostly tongue in cheek. I think. My only PC I ever bought complete rather than building was an HP. I own another I got from a friend after they replaced it (Athlon XP anyone?). My last two laptops have both been HPs, and I bought the cheap HP Stream 7 to see what it was like, and because it had a full desktop mode. But I will try REALLY hard to never buy another HP phone. They betrayed webOS fans after buying Palm, and I will not forget it.
    Yeah everyone is pissed about how they killed WebOS, but this phone does peak my interest a tad. I mean its super powerful and I personally consider it to be the most powerful windows phone that has been announced to date...
    HP R&D noob: "You know what we need? Devices that pair to a phone! A proprietary phone! Hey, why don't we make phones?"
    HP janitor: "Uhyeaaahhh, just keep your mouth shut and do what they tell you"

I don't care if the phone gives free reach-around, I'm not letting HP bend me over.
    And i buy Dell, used Latitudes for decades. HP can rot in hell.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    Yeah, webOS had reach-around gestures since 2009! You only get that feeling with mother Palm and her five lovely daughters.

Yet still no sign of it on iOS or Android!
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Yeah, webOS had reach-around gestures since 2009! You only get that feeling with mother Palm and her five lovely daughters.

Yet still no sign of it on iOS or Android!
    ~ 'Yet'

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.