Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Grabber5.0
  • 1 Post By TJs11thPre
  1.    #1  
    Anyone would like to attempt Touchstone on the BlackBerry Priv?

Version without charging - A Peak Inside Priv - Page 2 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

Version with charging - A Peak Inside the Priv | BlackBerry Priv (Venice) | XDA Forums
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Interesting neither could spell peek.

I'm confused why you'd want to convert. If they already make a wireless charging version, why would we modify to use a TS? Is that only for devices not originally equipped?

Is their wireless proprietary, or does it use Qi? Id want to retain what's now the most common technology, so i could charge from any available mat.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    It's all about that base (with the magnets). Zzzzzing! And a glut of Touchstones.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 11/17/2015 at 02:06 PM.
    Mutoidi and TJs11thPre like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    It's all about that base (with the magnets). Zzzzzing! And a glut of Touchstones.

Yeah. Touchstone is better than just a charging mat, holds the phone at a nice angle. I had a little chuckle watching those Samsung ads for their wireless charging thing

5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    Interesting neither could spell peek.

I'm confused why you'd want to convert. If they already make a wireless charging version, why would we modify to use a TS? Is that only for devices not originally equipped?

Is their wireless proprietary, or does it use Qi? Id want to retain what's now the most common technology, so i could charge from any available mat.
    Priv has multiple models, the ones sold by the Canadian carriers, APAC and EMEA does not have it. Only US models have it.

And the fact that I have a pile of Touchstone docks...
    Last edited by ToniCipriani; 11/19/2015 at 02:24 PM.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    The American version claims to have both Qi and PMA wireless charging
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
    I was telling someone just last night how "my brand" of phone had inductive charging 6 years ago. The magnets are indeed one of the best parts of the design.

Combined with the "gecko foot" sticky surface, I'm able to mount on my slanted headboard post without drilling or glue.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    Preemptive likes this.