Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By guilledil
  • 3 Post By gizmo21
  • 1 Post By Herrie
  • 1 Post By joeytino
  1.    #1  
    Looks nice, sharp corners tho

Yes, I'd prefer rounded. Funny how he thought touch-sensitive was 'biometric', though I suppose in a simple way, it is. Also, turning the thing over in his hand was, 'scrolling'!

It's surprising to hear him touting universal search. I just assume webOS must be so dated, then hear people getting excited about features that are 5 years old for us!

What does seem new to me is that touch sensitive keyboard. Has that ever been done before? So many possible uses including of course, a gesture area!

This looks like a great phone - it doesn't even look too big, so only one question remains...

Can it be rooted?
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Can it be rooted?
    Lune OS???
    Dell Axim X5 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Treo Pro + MicroSD 4GB -> Palm Pre 2 (Lost it) -> Palm Pixi Plus -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Pre 3
    TJs11thPre likes this.
    The Blackberry Passport has a touch sensitive keyboard as well. Not sure about the Classic.
    LuneOS on the Venice would be the closest thing to a modern day Pre, if it could be done.

Oh idk it is so giant and square.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    Well inductive charging would be needed to replace our 2009 palm devices and a changeable battery. But perhaps this is too much to ask for in a 2015 device
    Last edited by gizmo21; 09/22/2015 at 11:31 AM.
    TJs11thPre, guilledil and Rnp like this.
    LuneOS on the Venice would be the closest thing to a modern day Pre, if it could be done.

Oh idk it is so giant and square.
    If it can be rooted and/or has an open bootloader, I'm willing to give it a try. But seeing Blackberry's focus on security I don't think it's very likely :'(

-- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    TJs11thPre likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    If it can be rooted and/or has an open bootloader, I'm willing to give it a try. But seeing Blackberry's focus on security I don't think it's very likely :'(

-- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    that said, they are taking security seriously: " The Android version on this device is 5.1.1 and the kernel that is using Grsecurity."
    So they will most likey prevent rooting/bootloading.

BlackBerryOS.com - More images of the BlackBerry ‘Venice’ Slider appear
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    Well inductive charging would be needed to replace our 2009 palm devices and a changeable battery. But perhaps this is too much to ask for in a 2015 device
    My AT&T branded Passport has inductive charging. Yippee! So you never know.

Now Lune on the Passport would be very interesting...
    gizmo21 likes this.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeytino View Post
    My AT&T branded Passport has inductive charging. Yippee! So you never know.

Now Lune on the Passport would be very interesting...
    Really, I was asking about that a year ago and nobody over at crackberry gave me a thumbs up on that.

Which standard does it use?
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    My Verizon Z30 has Qi charging. It's my understanding that AT&T is on the PMA committee so I would expect that in the Passport. However, Blackberry is on the WPC (Qi) so it may not.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    Well it's named BlackBerry PrPrPr&#$275$; opps sorry... BlackBerry Priv
    I thought the exact same thing. Did anyone notice the almost perfect copy of the "Just type" bar in IOS 9?
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad