Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuswap View Post
    I wonder if the Z10 battery life has improved with the latest software update?

As for sliders, I'm glad BB is making one, and I'll be buying one, but I liked this concept so much more:

Click to view quoted image

Substitute the gesture area for the trackpad and buttons and you'd have a sweet webOS phone.
    I love everything about that phone but the corners. The one thing about the Pre's and Veer I loved was its roundness and comfort form in my pocket. This phone looks like it would wear holes through my jeans, and my genes.
    TJs11thPre likes this.
    I myself just got a Samsung Galaxy Note 3, to match my Samsung Galaxy tab 3. I had to give up my Pre 3 because I couldn't display certain things in the default. Google Keep is one of those things. GKeep opens a note on top of everything else, darkening everything else underneath it. I was not able to shift to the note on top. I've been able to do that with a couple of other things, scrolling to the top of the box so that I could close it, however not with this. Does anyone know if GKeep is HTML5 and if that's why I'm having this problem? Does someone have an app that would work and let me use HTML properly? If that's the case, I would use it via Wi-Fi at work, which was my original plan.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Hello,

I really like my HP Pre 3, but what I don´t like is that some things like WhatsApp are really difficult. Looking around for devices with hardware keyboard (as I do not like the soft keyboards on e.g. Galaxy S3, S4, S5; on tablets software keyboards are OK) I found the Blackberry Passport. It looks quite perfect to match my needs for a really huge smartphone. I think it might be a nice sucsessor for the Palm/HP Pre 3.

Kind regards

Fred
    Hands down the LG webOS watch. It is, after all LTE equipped. Then I would get the matching phone a month after the public release of the watch. Did I just type that? Wishfull thinking...
  5.    #45  
    Well after using the BB Z10 for a few days I can tell you this. It isn't WebOS. But that said, it's a lot better than Android. I made sure I have a sim adapter so that I can pop it into one of my Veers at any time when I feel the need for a pocket phone but I am going to have to try and give this Blackberry a chance first.
    When it comes to apps, it isn't Android or Iphone but after 5 years with WebOS I'm used to that.
    There is a way of getting Google Play to work and use Android apps but they don't all work (so I am told) I'm not there yet.
    TJs11thPre likes this.
    Talking about Apps on other platforms, has anyone come across a close reproduction of WebOS Task and Notes Apps ?

I have tried all the highest ranking ones but may be its just nostalgia, nothing feels like home as the WebOS ones ! Or may be its just simple elegance of WebOS.

At least the Notes App is now ported to Enyo2 for LuneOS. So technically can be packaged up with PhoneGap and made to run on other platforms.

My Pre3 Camera doesn't work anymore (Not that I used it much), but I think the current plan is to go as long as it turns on.
    Coming back to the forum after many months last night, I discover HP are pulling the plug.
    Cue desperate hunt for something suitable to replace if and when my trusty Pre 2 goes.

Don't trust Google so will never have an Android phone.
    Looked into iPhone 4S but the unreliability of iPhones is a concern.
    Also Windows Phone, not sure which are good ones and which are bad....

Gone are the days when you could buy a phone that had its own, quirky, unique OS. Now it's just iOS, Android or WP.
    Decided I'll just bite the bullet and keep on with my Pre 2 as nothing else comes close.
    purplepansy and TJs11thPre like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by roshang View Post
    Talking about Apps on other platforms, has anyone come across a close reproduction of WebOS Task and Notes Apps ?
    I haven't. I loved the simplicity and skeumorphic approach of the notes app. There is a very simple app called "Notes" for BlackBerry, and I like the interface a lot, but it loses your notes sometimes. So that's an obvious deal-breaker. I don't care for the default integrated notes/tasks app.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk 2
    IIIxe | z22 | Pre 3 | Bold 9900 | Q10 | Nexus 4
    Quote Originally Posted by tracks914 View Post
    Well after using the BB Z10 for a few days I can tell you this. It isn't WebOS. But that said, it's a lot better than Android. I made sure I have a sim adapter so that I can pop it into one of my Veers at any time when I feel the need for a pocket phone but I am going to have to try and give this Blackberry a chance first.
    When it comes to apps, it isn't Android or Iphone but after 5 years with WebOS I'm used to that.
    There is a way of getting Google Play to work and use Android apps but they don't all work (so I am told) I'm not there yet.
    It most certainly isn't webOS, but there are bits and pieces. The application uses the same cards metaphors, though you cannot stack or swipe them sideways, but the idea is similar. I missed flicking between applications when swiping full length on the gestures area, I suggested this to BlackBerry and hopefully they take it in as an idea for a future release.

BlackBerry Hub is Messaging on steroids, with actual third party support and e-mail combined into it. It doesn't merge all people into one chat, but I'm okay with it, since I can access all messaging and communications in one place.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by NickM99 View Post
    Coming back to the forum after many months last night, I discover HP are pulling the plug.
    Cue desperate hunt for something suitable to replace if and when my trusty Pre 2 goes.

Don't trust Google so will never have an Android phone.
    Looked into iPhone 4S but the unreliability of iPhones is a concern.
    Also Windows Phone, not sure which are good ones and which are bad....

Gone are the days when you could buy a phone that had its own, quirky, unique OS. Now it's just iOS, Android or WP.
    Decided I'll just bite the bullet and keep on with my Pre 2 as nothing else comes close.

You can still pick up new or near new Pre2's on eBay or Amazon, and if you use a GSM carrier, the Veer and Pre3 are nice options. They will work just fine without a profile, just back up your app IPKs and install the mandatory patches. Rock on with webOS!!
    NickM99 and creepingmee like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    It most certainly isn't webOS, but there are bits and pieces. The application uses the same cards metaphors, though you cannot stack or swipe them sideways, but the idea is similar. I missed flicking between applications when swiping full length on the gestures area, I suggested this to BlackBerry and hopefully they take it in as an idea for a future release.

BlackBerry Hub is Messaging on steroids, with actual third party support and e-mail combined into it. It doesn't merge all people into one chat, but I'm okay with it, since I can access all messaging and communications in one place.

I'm not loving the hub so far. I'd rather have the option to use a separate email app that I leave open. It's just a bit too many things in one place. I don't want 7 different types of notifications in one inbox view.
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I'm not loving the hub so far. I'd rather have the option to use a separate email app that I leave open. It's just a bit too many things in one place. I don't want 7 different types of notifications in one inbox view.
    Not quite the same, but it may help. Inbox Zero for Blackberry. I personally have no BB device and don't know anything about this app so YMMV.

Update: Reviewrs don't like it much. Sorry for the noise.
    Last edited by ggendel; 03/14/2015 at 01:05 PM.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
    I originally posted this over at CrackBerry:

I wasn't happy with the hub either. I didn't want the information from all of my accounts jumbled together. So this is what I did:

1. Move the hub icon into a folder (just so you don't have it out in view anymore -- you're about to kill it for all practical purposes).
    2. Go into the hub > settings > hub management -- and change each account to "Show in Separate Account Only"
    3. Go to BlackBerry World and purchase "Shortcut Creator" -- it's $2.99 -- but it does what you need it to do.
    4. Create "Account" shortcuts to each of your email accounts.

Now you'll have separate account icons for each email account, which you can place on your home screen. I have the text message icon on my home screen too. Just tap the icons to go to the respective accounts, as usual.

Then make a mental shift: think of the sideways swipe not as "this takes me to the hub" but "this takes me back to the last account I had open." Once you've side-swiped, of course, you can also change between accounts using the icon in the bottom left of the 'taskbar'.
    IIIxe | z22 | Pre 3 | Bold 9900 | Q10 | Nexus 4
    Quote Originally Posted by roshang View Post
    My Pre3 Camera doesn't work anymore (Not that I used it much), but I think the current plan is to go as long as it turns on.
    How about the front camera? http://www.webosnation.com/frontcam?style_mobile=0

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    I keep my Pre 3, i dont need 10000000 apps to my day
    With the basic apps (Dropbox,Grooveshark,web-Browser) i feel more productive,because i dont have un-productive apps (social networks,steam,etc)

Besides,when i got the Iphone 4S 6 moths ago, i joined the group of the "need check every 5 minutes my phone", i waste my time ,i admit it.
    Now i can make more things, without be enslaved for my phone
    My teachers use dropbox to share the books, i got Explorer For WebOS
    Email client its enough for me,just for a quick read.
    i want listen music?, just open Grooveshark.
    Read the PDF'S? The phone have a built-reader
    Manic, purplepansy and Rnp like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ggendel View Post
    Not quite the same, but it may help. Inbox Zero for Blackberry. I personally have no BB device and don't know anything about this app so YMMV.

Update: Reviewrs don't like it much. Sorry for the noise.
    Hehe I didn't notice your update. Initial reviews were pretty mixed, but the average review has improved. I'll keep an eye on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DWill22 View Post
    Have you tried one note or evernote? Cloud synching note is the way to go if you ask me. Not sure if your webos app synched to the cloud.
    It does, but it's a bit unreliable. My images in notes created on other phones rarely sync down to my Pre2. Actually none of my images are working now, even ones I created on the Pre2.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 03/18/2015 at 10:44 AM.
    You can still pick up new or near new Pre2's on eBay or Amazon, and if you use a GSM carrier, the Veer and Pre3 are nice options. They will work just fine without a profile, just back up your app IPKs and install the mandatory patches. Rock on with webOS!!
    I have a Pre2, a Pre3 and a Touchpad if you would like them.
  19.    #59  
    Well it's been over a month now and I can tell you more. A couple of WebOS/Android Apps that I missed (SnapChat and SmartRunner) were not available for BB 10. But I decide to try them anyways. I downloaded the APK files and just installed them without Google Play. They worked. Apparently that is the case with many Android Apps on BB10.
    So if you are looking for more apps but don't want to go to Android, you can go with the next smallest OS and still have options.
    I came in here thinking it was going to be a thread on what device would one get when the apocalypse was near. Whoops.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast