Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
  1.    #1  
    I did, but only because my Pre3 is on it's last legs, and no longer receives texts from iPhone users. Sometimes even calls
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    Quote Originally Posted by boovish View Post
    I did,
    NO - Why not post-order a Pre ?

HP / LG give us more webos devices ..
    boovish likes this.
    I did, but only because my Pre3 is on it's last legs, and no longer receives texts from iPhone users. Sometimes even calls
    I could miss texts and calls from iPhone users, they're usually not that interesting anyway :P
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Oh does it have a keyboard now? Otherwise...
    Still working on my Verizon PrePlus... when it dies I will upgrade to my Pre2, then when that dies, the Pre3...

Can not figure out WHY the bigger phones... I would love the Veer on Verizon...

I want a small phone, something to call/text/play some games/web browse when I am bored waiting in a line...

But if I want a big screen I have a TV/Laptop/Touchpad for...

Although I just replaced a old computer (Compaq Armada 1750) for a Microsoft Surface (first edition), light web surfing/outlook/and basic file management for when I am at client sites... But still prefer the Touchpad (it does have ICS and webOS)...

IPhone(or Plus) 6 still no keyboard and to big for me...
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    Still working on my Verizon PrePlus... when it dies I will upgrade to my Pre2, then when that dies, the Pre3...

Can not figure out WHY the bigger phones... I would love the Veer on Verizon...
    Crazy you're not already using the pre2, isn't it double the ram? I'm not familiar with the Plus's variation on specs

But i agree 100% on the size thing. It sends to be a US marketing approach though. Ham-handed 'Mericans have to have bigger is better mentality.

A friend recently shopping for new LTE handset, i helped assure her she could buy an unlocked EU phone. We found the new Sony Xperia COMPACT. they just announced the Z3, but the Z1 appears to be an awesome value right now and is a 2.2 quad core with <5" screen. Magnetic charging dock and 20mp cam. Not available in the US, probably because it will work on any carrier including T-mo and we know they don't like users having so much flexibility to change. There is a market for small phones. Ugh i wish i could buy an LTE veer too!
    Funny think my travel veer was called a pager just a month ago on my EU trip
    Funny thing is that is exactly the size of the pager I had back in 98-99, before I had my first dumb phone or they way they called them back then GSM
    I had a cultural shock of switching back to my daily driver pre2 when I got back
    Too big
    One time I was asked in Best Buy store when snapping pictures of some prise tags(pre2) what is this camera and I said: It's a phone not a camera
    So it's a conversation starter for sure in any form, no matter if it's veer or pre2
    Remy X likes this.
    I have to say from what I have seen they look very nice, the flat look of the previous models was kinda tired to me.

Anyways no keyboard, no mirror, no touchstone, no stacks... I just have to pass. Strangely enough the thing I can't get past is the look of the icons, looks like some kinda game. Sure its beautiful to many tho
    boovish likes this.
    Where do I start? Too bleeping thin, too bleeping big, hideous UI, inferior task management.. That's a good start. *I do own an iPhone 5, but mainly for work email and calendar access. It was tolerable until I updated to iOS 7 to get the control center and 'card-like' task switching.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    boovish likes this.
    Yeah, I don't get the obsession with thin phones
    boovish likes this.
  11.    #11  
    I personally can't stand those large thin as paper phones. I would love it if apple just rereleased the original one. The 6 kinda reminds me of the original, only a little though. And I do need to get texts and such from my mom, dad, grandma, sisters, and many friends unfortunately. Of course I am going to pick a Nexus 4 so I can use LuneOS when it's ready. So I'm not going anywhere, so long as this site exists.
    Don't get me wrong, I love webOS, but I ordered a 128gb iPhone 6. webOS while in so many ways is superior to iOS, doesn't really work for me anymore as so many of the few apps it had are now broken and unusable. I find iOS 7 to be a bit clunky, but at the same time, smooth and really quite beautiful. And obviously it has all the great Apple integration, services, apps and stuff. So yep, sorry to disappoint you guys :P
    Rnp and boovish like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by veyron431 View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I love webOS, but I ordered a 128gb iPhone 6. webOS while in so many ways is superior to iOS, doesn't really work for me anymore as so many of the few apps it had are now broken and unusable. I find iOS 7 to be a bit clunky, but at the same time, smooth and really quite beautiful. And obviously it has all the great Apple integration, services, apps and stuff. So yep, sorry to disappoint you guys :P
    No, not disappointed at all. If one needs more than the basics its hard to stick with webos. Have fun with your new phone
    i did
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by veyron431 View Post
    The 6 comes with iOS 8. Which kind of helps with some of the clunkiness of iOS 7. Didn't do a thing about multitasking though
    The 6 comes with iOS 8. Which kind of helps with some of the clunkiness of iOS 7. Didn't do a thing about multitasking though
    haha, I almost forgot that there was iOS8 now, but on the surface it looks about the same, only with some ugly 'chathead' like icons in the 'multitasking' screen now. Sometimes I wish that Apple had bought Palm instead of HP and integrated all the cool webOS features in iOS, but we can dream...
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    nope. I just replaced my pre 3 with a pre 3
    MartinH@webos and Rnp like this.
    Its that a real argument(missing calls from iPhone users) or is that an excuse, for an apple fanboy to buy an iPhone 6? I'm kidding bad joke.
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeron View Post
    nope. I just replaced my pre 3 with a pre 3
    Me too.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
    Nexus 4s are pretty affordable these days. I hear they can run some fancy new OS...

Missing calls from iphones is not a bug, it's a feature. ;-)

Seriously though, that's more likely to be network problem... Or the caller isn't holding the iphone the right/wrong way up.
    Rnp and MartinH@webos like this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast