Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
  1.    #1  
    who ha experience with android or windows? I have aversion to i$Fone... Brands?? Models??
    Another Pre3 on ebay for 50 !!! I just got one...
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    50 quid? Where? Any left? ;-)
    MikeN68 likes this.
    Link plz - i want a pre3
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    Looking for Pre3 on Ebay I found this
    Is that a portrait slider?
    ananimus likes this.
    Pretty good laaugh
    I currently use an HTC 8X. It's a pretty solid device and WP is a solid OS. I also was using a Galaxy Nexus for two years. That phone was slow as all hell. If you were to get a newer Android you wouldn't really have to worry about lag though, and for what it is worth I really enjoyed Android. (for some reason no matter what there is always a little hick-up with Samsung phones; likely due to touchwiz) Coming from a Pre 3 you will think everything is faster, but nothing works like webOS ;-)
    Anyway if you are getting a Windows Phone get a Nokia Device. Any of them are good really, but beware that some games won't run on 512 mb devices.
    If you are going Android it totally depends on what you want. Big Screen? Note 3. Amazing build quality and sound? HTC One. Expandable storage? Samsung Galaxy S5.
    I have also heard good things about Sony's Z1 but I have never used it.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I a ALL on with the Note 3, but will upgrade to the Note 4 when it finally comes out. Didn't think I would like the size, but would use anything smaller. It is a great phone and has a lot of bells and whistles!!
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    I asked the same question a couple of years ago. Went to Android over iOS mainly because iOS sounds to be a lot more locked down. I like to have the ability to tinker if things don't quite work the way I want. I got a Galaxy Nexus which was great having pure (?) Android and tinkerability, and I've just moved onto a LG G2. TBH though I'm spending more time living life and less time tinkering, the G2 has a few skin elements I'm not real sold on but I just adjust and deal with it. In the main it's a great phone, I dare say if I wanted to I could fix them but I can't be bothered.
    Quote Originally Posted by gregp View Post
    I've just moved onto a LG G2. TBH though I'm spending more time living life and less time tinkering, the G2 has a few skin elements I'm not real sold on but I just adjust and deal with it. In the main it's a great phone, I dare say if I wanted to I could fix them but I can't be bothered.
    Even though, this is a bit out of topic...the only thing that I wished that the WebOS team would had created when they made the Pre models with the touch sensitive area surface would be the LG 2 phone " Knock Code" its so useful when unlocking the device and you don't have to worry about having to power the device on with the press of the power button every time you want to use the device.
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.

(to proper forum)
    I personally switched to BlackBerry 10. The Z10 can be found on eBay for around the same price as a Pre3 these days. I recently upgraded to the Z30 which is possibly the best smartphone I have ever used. The multitasking on BB10 is the closest to webOS and the OS continues to get better with every update.

I have every app I want on here thanks to native Cascades apps, HTML5 apps, a few Enyo apps,and Android app support (runs so fluidly it puts ACL on webOS to shame).

Really if it wasn't for a half-dozen or so apps I couldn't get on my Pre3 I probably still would be using it as my phone to this day. My TouchPad Go will be my tablet for quite a while to come though.
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    50 quid? Where? Any left? ;-)
    Sorry I did not check the forums recently cause I have been mega busy...

This guy / store had a few...
    demonic.computers on eBay

on auction they were going for around 50. Maybe drop him a message to see if he has any more.
    That's where I got mine from. With TP and international charger.
    Sorry I did not check the forums recently cause I have been mega busy...

This guy / store had a few...
    demonic.computers on eBay

on auction they were going for around 50. Maybe drop him a message to see if he has any more.
    That's where I got mine from. With TP and international charger.
    demonic.computer says, "no." I almost bought from them, but got the Pre3 from someone else in the end I think. The one i have is working OK (with the occasional glitch!). Hopefully I can find time to solve the mystery battery drain on the Pre2. Then they will possibly survive until the glorious dawn of the LuneOS era!!!! ;-)
    Hi, i have a pre 3, when HP abandoned it i looked for a Nokia N 9 Meego as a replacement, and in january 2014 decided to try a Jolla phone a follow up of Meego, Jolla phone running Sailfish it is a new system and is improving, all have a swipe based UI which i prefer over the rest, even tried Blackberry BB10 but not that good and none will truly replace webOS for me, i still use my pre 3 and a Touchpad, if only LG would release a webOS phone. sorry day dreaming. using webOS until the end.
    still dreading the day my pre3 decides to go non functional, glad ive got a spare and some spare batterys, i still like the feel and use of it even after buying and trying other "potential" replacements but the pre3 is still my day to day use phone. Still feels safe using it in the hard backed PDAir case, ive only dropped the phone twice since i got it and the case did its thing perfectly so far.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Same here. Every once in a while mine decides to power off on its own and it freaks me out every time! I probably should just buy a spare now.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast